ProdigalSon

Corrado Lambda Sensors - Bosch Part Numbers

[Edit: see Supercharged's post below for full 16V and VR6 info]

Hi folks,

Just recently bought this OE Bosch Lambda probe for my '92 G60 for £85 including next day postage, having been quoted £125 by VW.

Wasn't able to find any reference to its part number on the Forum, so thought I'd post pics here for information:

Bosch part number: 0 258 003 165

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf13012008(001).jpg[/attachment:3bds4c16]

4-wire lambda probe (power, signal, screen and earth):

13012008(005).jpg[/attachment:3bds4c16]

Hope that helps someone in future :wink:

Useful info there I have been meaning to stick in the WiKi for ages - I have the VR info too

Around £50 + vat from GSF or any Bosch service centre.

Not a bad price, from whom? does anyone know if the Part number is the same for the 2.0 16V? I am looking to replace mine and am not sure of the Bosch part number?

Thanks

Dudes...

The VR6 info is below

VAG - 021-906-265A

Bosch - 0 258 003 267/268

VR6 Part is also for the 2.0 8V's (ADY / 2E engines codes) also.

The 2.0 16V (9A) probe is the same as the G60 and the 1.8 16V (KR) has no cat so therefore no probe

Both the above have a square plug - 4 wire (grey, black and 2 white)

New Probes come with an anti seize grease and a heat sleeve that needs to be moved up to the probe itself after being installed, 22mm spanner needed to fit with a cable tie holding the loom to a bracket just above the subframe.

Plug connects to engine loom at bracket ontop of rear engine mount and on the G60 / 9A probe this bracket also provides an earth which is critical to the engine management, The VR6 part earths thru the loom back to the ECU (I assume) - deffo worth checking all engine mounts are in good condition when fitting a new part as VW give little slack on the cables to allow for movement (altho it's usually the ECU loom side that breaks and you need to either use repair wires or get a new plug from VW - £7ish)

hello

i dont suppose anybody has any information like this for the but for the G60 rallye 1H engine do they, as i have this engine fitted to my mk1 golf but its missing its lambda as when i had my exhaust repaired it was removed cause it had frayed the 3 wires going to it as it had been rerouted farther down the exhaust manifold, not sure why tho :cuckoo:

any way just had a look at my 2.0 16v raddo and the lambda's are different, my corrado has a 4 pin plug and lambda and the ralley G60 has 3,

would appreciate if somebody could sort me out with a part number for one, so i can us it as cross reference and see if i can find a suitable Bosch uni probe

Dudes...

The VR6 info is below

VAG - 021-906-265A

Bosch - 0 258 003 267/268

VR6 Part is also for the 2.0 8V's (ADY / 2E engines codes) also.

The 2.0 16V (9A) probe is the same as the G60 and the 1.8 16V (KR) has no cat so therefore no probe

Both the above have a square plug - 4 wire (grey, black and 2 white)

New Probes come with an anti seize grease and a heat sleeve that needs to be moved up to the probe itself after being installed, 22mm spanner needed to fit with a cable tie holding the loom to a bracket just above the subframe.

Plug connects to engine loom at bracket ontop of rear engine mount and on the G60 / 9A probe this bracket also provides an earth which is critical to the engine management, The VR6 part earths thru the loom back to the ECU (I assume) - deffo worth checking all engine mounts are in good condition when fitting a new part as VW give little slack on the cables to allow for movement (altho it's usually the ECU loom side that breaks and you need to either use repair wires or get a new plug from VW - £7ish)

There appears to be a couple of VR6 lamba's available as i went to use one from an early ish car ('93) on my late VR ('95) and the plugs and lengths were different. Ended up buying the correct new one which was probably the better idea but isn't a case of one size fits all for these engines without changing looms. Have also seen a few 'botched' attempts on car's i've broken which have blatently had the wrong lamba fitted, cut and solder to work.

Date: Bosch Part No: Wires: Length: Plug:

92 - 10.94 0258003267 4 610 Flat 4 Pin

11.94 - 95 0258003604 4 650 Rounded Edge 4 Pin

As i've said before, yes it's dearer to buy lamda probes from the dealers but if you have a problem with it it guarenteed for two years. i'd rather have that personaly.

• Like 1

I just got my bosch universal regular class oxygen sensor 4-wire, 26 in. wire length, planar manufactured with a two-foot length sensor wire it uses a submersible patented connection system that protects against contamination and withstands the effects of extreme temperatures and engine vibration

Features posi-lock connectors that can be unscrewed and reconnected in case of a wiring mistake; Wire splicing required.

I need a new lambda to replace the missing one on mine. VAG ar quoting £160+. So can anyone confirm if this looks the right one for a May 1994 VR6 OBD1:

http://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4l/c/Volkswagen_Corrado_2.9_1994/p/car-parts/car-body-parts-and-car-exhaust/exhausts/lambda-sensor/?710441715&1&b4d161a994b67b699a3bcd740cec90e1787b084c&000210

The part number doesn't seem to bear any resemblance to the number earlier in this thread. It is, however, listed as for a 2.9 VR6 up to Nov 1994.

Ive recently replaced the Lambda sensor on my car 94 2l 16v 9A engine. The correct Bosch part as already given on this thread is 0 258 003 165. Its sold by http://www.carparts4less.co.uk as their part no 710441475 @ £54.66 with free delivery.

For those thinking about undertaking the task I should add it was impossible to remove the old sensor in situ. I tried releasing the cat at the front end for better access to no avail. I ended up removing the cat from the car and used heat to try to free the sensor. After cutting the old sensor in half a socket and long ratchet were used to finally free it. Refitting was straightforward with new bolts/nuts at the fore end and a clamp at the rear.

Edited by bmwcompact

is there a part number for the OBD2 sensor?

Nobody seems to have answered this at the time.

I just removed the original lambda sensor from my 95 VR6 part number 021 906 265 E and replaced it with 021 906 265 AK . The OBD2 ECU had kept throwing up a lambda fault code before swapping and is now fault free on VagCom.

It was £138.47 from TPS after 10% discount.

Edited by tonedef
Added original VR6 part number

although it's usually the ECU loom side that breaks and you need to either use repair wires or get a new plug from VW - £7ish)

whilst replacing my lambda sensor one of the wires in the ecu side has broke out of its connector, does the whole connector need replacing or can i solder on a new spade connector to push in the old one? if i can get the old pin out!

anyone know? or know what the name of the replacement plug is

Hello there,

I realise this is an old/done to death topic,but I could do with some advice.

I am currently restoring a 1995 2.0L 8V (2E engine)

I need a Lambda probe-amongst a ton of other parts!

I have seen a genuine Lambda,part no 021 906 265 B-will this fit mine?

The info on here gives that part number,but with an A at the end,does the B mean a superceeded part?

Any replies will be much appreciated,

Cheers in advance,

Jason.

The letter suffix can indicate either a different variation of the part for a different car/engine, or a supercession - generally though a superceded part would have it noted in the VAG parts database.

021906265A is listed as the correct part for the 2E engine, the B variation is listed for the Golf/Vento, so hard to say if it would be correct but it might work, but you would have to take a punt on it. Is there a part number on your old one? It might also be worth getting in touch with a Bosch distributor to check.

Thanks for your reply fendervg,

The Bosch part number on mine is 0 258 003 165,it has a 4 wire connector,but one is an earth that attaches to a bracket on the car.

Has the wrong sensor been fitted to my car in the past?-there has been a repair to the Lambda in the cars history.

I would take a punt if I knew it was from a 2E engine,my thinking being that they must operate the same regardless of model.

Cheers again.

Have you tested yours? They give a small voltage dependant on oxygen level in the exhaust gasses. If it's 4 wire, one pair will be for a heater to help warm up and quicker function.

Lambda and MAF / MAP are linked, codes for one often end up being the other as the "dumb" ECU uses best guesses, it's up to the tech to use his wily skills to determine which if any are faulty.

Check wiring and plugs for security and cleanliness.

Dox,

Car is completely stripped down and the shell,doors,tailgate etc are currently residing at the body shop.

It is a full nut + bolt resto.

This Lambda has been damaged in the past and repaired,I see this as an opportunity to replace it with a new one

So in answer to your question,no I haven’t tested it.

To be honest,I would struggle to test it,even if the car was complete-i’m learning as I go along.

I appreciate all replies and advice,i’ll need loads going forward.

Cheers again.