Sign in to follow this  
Tekara

Stealth Geometry Settings

I'm in need of having my wheel alignment done again after renewing the front top mountings. Does anyone know what settings Stealth racing currently use on Rado VR's? I had the alignment done by Vince before Christmas and it was the best its every been, and id like to get a local place to try and replicate as a stop gap before I can get back up to Stealth.

It should just be as it is from VW.. did you not get a print out with all the values on when you had the work done? I got two pages of alignment info after I had my car done there last!

Sadly i didn't get any print outs, and i forgot to ask at the time. I don't think it was setup using stock VW settings, as i recall Vince saying that my tyres would wear a little quicker with the setup used.

Stealth usually give you a print-out which shows you all the measurements and readings, but ottomh it's approx:

front camber ~ -1.2

total front toe ~ 0.0

front caster angle ~ 3.0

Thats cool, i need to get mine done too, but would the settings vary on individual set-ups? i mean different ride heights/ wheel offsets and sizes etc.

Cheers

Matt

Thats cool, i need to get mine done too, but would the settings vary on individual set-ups? i mean different ride heights/ wheel offsets and sizes etc.

Cheers

Matt

best to try factory settings for camber and toe and see how you like it, too much -ve camber and it'll go round corners great but chew your tyres up.

Thanks for that, just seen it my Bentley Manual, got the car booked in at a VW stealership who have just got the Beissbarth machine that Stealth use. Stealth set mine up when i had the Coilovers put on so hopefully it will feel like it did when Vince set it up !!

Matt

Vince sets camber to - 0.8

He didn't on mine. -1.2 both sides .. ;)

Sigh.... let me rephrase it then..... Vince sets it to -0.8 unless specifically told otherwise!!

Sigh.... let me rephrase it then..... Vince sets it to -0.8 unless specifically told otherwise!!

I didn't tell him to set it to -1.2, I said "do a 4 wheel alignment" and he set it to -1.2. I'm not arguing, I'm just telling it like it is ..

Maybe he does it differently for your big arse wheels with your lowered suspension compared to my all-standard setup?

Perhaps you are the unusual one, Mr Cheese Strings? ;)

I just had mine setup for -1.0 camber at the local place. Cos I asked them to.

TBH it's all a matter of personal preference. If you do lots of motorway driving then having uber -ve camber will lunch the inside edges of your tyres.

If you do lots of twisty back-road driving then less camber means you don't get such good turn-in.

The factory setting is in the region of -1.5 to -1.6

But it is a range to be within spec and it's not a highly-strung race car on rock-hard suspension driving on a perfectly smooth race track.

You're driving on a whole range of different surfaces in different weather conditions, different temperatures and different levels of heat in the tyres.

0.2 degree here or there might make a little bit of difference to your tyre wear over the course of a few thousand miles, but it's really not something worth losing sleep over.

The factory setting is in the region of -1.5 to -1.6

-1.2 actually :lol:

Maybe he does it differently for your big arse wheels with your lowered suspension compared to my all-standard setup?

Ah that's a point, you're running standard ride height? :lol: In that case, yeah he uses the standard camber. -0.8 must be what he's found is best on lowered C's ;-)