Slimg60

Slim's G60 Turbo

Thought it time for an update as I've spent the last 3 months adjusting to parenthood.

Borbets has made way for some new rims. Whilst i love the classic look of the A's they were just so heavy had no clearance for a decent sized brake.

Luckily i knew a man who had the perfect set and the result was this:

031120103291.jpg[/attachment:xnh2k6gb]

Compomotive CX-r's

I'm amazed at how a lighter wheel has transormed the handling.

During the cold spell before xmas I tried to use the Corrado as little as possible, as it's a bit of a handful in the dry, let alone ice!

It then got parked up on the driveway before xmas and l left :( Was too busy to even wash her.

Didnt move again til I Wednesday. I got back from the 'State and realised it was MOT time. Thought I'd just put it in for a fail sheet to see what needed doing.

Was shocked when it came back not only having passed, but with no advisories!!

Going to give it a good clean over the next couple of days, then get out for some more snaps and hopefully a video or 2.

Sweet. Looks a nice rim against the blue. What tyres you got on them?

Emissions all spot on I take it. I failed miserably but that was due to the manifold cracked and the management not seeing all the exhaust gases and compensating by adding shed loads of fuel.

The wheels recieved a good reception on Sunday at a local VW meet.

I had Kuhmo KU31's fitted in a 205/40, must say I've been really impressed with them.

I like the wind deflectors, it means I can have the window open in the morning to stay awake without freezing!

Started to assemble the parts for the brake upgrade, going for the 312mm TT brakes having seen Supercharged guide on here, although the horrific whinning noise my gearbox is now making means it might be a new 'box first.

I still need to come up and raid your Aladdins cave! I'll have to compile a list of what I need and see what you have!

With my tax due at the end of the month, and an ever growning list of joys I've decided to take her off the road for a month or 2.

Should come out the garage with new (312mm) brakes, a non rattle interior, bodywork tidied up and severl layers of wax applied.

Going to be sad but worth it hopefully. :(

mot for mine on tuesday, tax due end of next month! i feel the same mate but if mine came off the road i dont think it would come back on. cimply due to the fact my garage is more of storage than a garage to do work on a car! :(, hope you get her sorted and she is back on the road soon! :D

Time for an update I guess.

Cars still here, didnt really advertise it too much so not surprisingly I've had no interest.

In the mean time I've got hold of a set of 312mm TT brakes (thanks John) with redrilled discs to match.

Just got to get the hoses sorted but Sub 11 will make these for me.

Sorted out all my cleaning shizzle ready to blitz her one weekend when the weather improves too, looking a bit shabby after a long winter.

With the car immobile at the moment thanks to destroying yet another coilpack ( 2 in a year) I thought I'd have a crack today at getting the 312mm brake discs, calipers and carriers fitted ready to finish off next weekend.

Everything seemed to be going quiet well, until I offered up the new carriers and the mounting holes were no where near right.

Turns out I've bought Mk5 golf brakes, and the mounting holes are 145mm apart, not the 95mm I require. :Grumble:

frantically searhing now for some mk4 ones, and just hope I can shift these ones to recoup some money.

16042011112.jpg

Before with my tiny 280mm brakes

16042011113.jpg

comparison

16042011116.jpg

difference in carrier mounts

16042011117.jpg

Discs fill the wheels nicely

how come you didnt get 305 brembos out of interest? its a more simple option and they stop bloody well.

how come you didnt get 305 brembos out of interest? its a more simple option and they stop bloody well.

Simple answer is cost. I need better brakes but disposable income is a bit sparse with a 6 month old nipper.

A 305mm setup goes for over £500 these days if you can find one and it looks like I'll have a 312mm brake set up fitted for less than £250

If a 305 4 pot kit comes along for sensible money when cash flows better then I'll have it, but for now, these will do :D

fair game. think i paid £400 for the complete 305 setup in 2007 lol. truthfully worth every penny though.

bloody kids! mines here in august, so i no longer have a rado :(

Congratulations mate! I thought that but dont regret a second!

if you fancy selling the brakes seperate, let me know ;)

sorry, i sold the whole car with them on dude! its a g reg golf g60 turned up on ebay a couple of weeks ago in cornwall!

haha fook that im having my balls clipped.

300mm is about the perfect balance between size and weight. I picked up some new discs for the S4 and tried them in against the TH2's so you can go a lot bigger if you need to with the compomotive. I wouldnt though as they weigh a ton, thats 345mm by the way.

Jesus they are some massive discs, do the S4 calipers fit or was it just a disc trial?

Found some Mk4 calipers now, just have to wait for them to arrive, along with the coilpack and a new rear engine mount. It never rains......

312mm are a little heavy, guess I'll have to try and strangle some more power out my car to compensate :D

Well it's good to be home. Just spent a short while away with work and I'm so glad to be back in the Rado.

Whats not so good is that bodywork. It seems that the full effects of winter grit has set in. Most alarmingly is the top of the windscreen, it's just starting to bubble a little so will need seeing to soon.

Other than that, all is good, still need to fit the 312mm brakes but might tackle that next weekend, plus I think it needs some new engine mounts so better get them changed before the turbo hits the rear of the engine bay.

O how I've missed that sound and the kick in the pants when the turbo spools up :D

Showed my car for the first time this weekend. It was organised by a local forum and there were some very nice car, best in show going to a '66 Mustang.

Treated myself to some VibraTech engine mounts too, front and rear. Really surprised at how much difference they have made.

And finally have my 312mm Brakes fitted! :D Started bad as I found I had worn the inner edges of my front tires to the braiding.

It was going a little too well. Front hoses came off easily and no rounded bleed screws.

It went a little pearshaped when I put the ezibleed kit on and pressurised it. The hose to the clutch cylinder must have been a little past it's best and sprung a leek (all over the turbo manifold :( )

sorted that and bleed the brakes. Pedal went straight to the floor :( Then realised I had fitted the calipers the wrong was round to the bleed nipples pointed down. After a small amount of forehead slapping swapped them over, bled and sorted.

Look loads better but I need to bed the pads in to get the full effect.

Next to do, fit my Eccentric top mounts.

looking minty fresh, brakes look quite big behind those rims! Did you go for vibra mounts all round? Is the engine vibration as bad as people make out? also what happened to your splitter? looks stained

Yeh really happy with how the brakes look behind the wheels, they fill them nicely.

I went for Vibratech front and rear. The gear box mount if fine (for now) but I'll put a vibratech on there when it wears out.

Splitter is grey primer, I had sprayed it a while ago and the black has been worn off, needs redoing!

Having just seen some of the pictures from the show on Sunday I wish I would have blacked my tires and cleaned my wheels on Saturady instead of drinking too much :(

As some of you may have seen, I have decided to finally art company with my Corrado.

I have just started a new job and will be living away from home during the week. With the journey backwards and forwards I wanted something a little newer and more comfy!

So I picked this up a 2003 Leon Cupra R on saturady. Comes with a few choice mods, Revo stage 2, ARB's, FMIC and loads others! Private plates will be going back to the original ower once the DVLA sort themselves out!