Sign in to follow this  
paul20v

good reason not to

What the hell :shock:

did they hit a meteor?

no mate into the back of a milk tanker i dont think the brakes were applied at all with the damage sustained

Yeah, I was going to say it looks like they hit something quick, but then a medium-speed impact with no brake application would turn out pretty bad too.

Anyone you know?

no it was a insurance recovery truck picking up one of our clumsy customers mistakes

but i had to ask him how the driver was before i took a pic ,

i would have felt a bit morbid if some one had died its amazing they didnt ,good job there was no passenger

What the hell :shock:

did they hit a meteor?

after working on a few of these pathetic excuses for a car, and i use the "car" word with my tongue in my cheek (i have to weld another one up tomorrow), i would say that it hit a juvenile blue bottle or a piece of dust.

they are rubbish in all honesty

i think they called it a ka as it sounds like car so people wouldnt forget what its meant to be :D

Obviously I wasn't there at the time but I very much doubt the phone call was that important! :shock:

is any phone call important when driving i hate to sound old but what happened when we did not have a mobile phone we all survived did nt we

Obviously I wasn't there at the time but I very much doubt the phone call was that important! :shock:

is any phone call important when driving i hate to sound old but what happened when we did not have a mobile phone we all survived did nt we

I agree mate. And out on the roads today a van almost went into the back of me when I was out on a test drive with a client because the van driver was on his mobile.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Well at least they had the phone to hand to call 999! :lol:

I'm genuinely shocked by that photo, someone needs to forward to the government to use in their ad campaigns....

:lol: Broken Bones 4 you

Not being morbid but if you drive drunk or on a mobile you deserve everything you get, such a selfish thing risking peoples lives for whats usually a chat about nothing!

Even though theres a new law where you can server time if you are seen to have driven dangerously, caused accident or death while using the phone. There are still loads of people i see do it. They drive along without a care in the world talking on their phone. Sometimes oblivious to the fact youre there, just like the bloke who pulled right in front of me causing me to break hard, when i went passed him he was on the phone and was just looking straight ahead! #mad

Shocking pickies indeed but i'll tell you now that no one gives a damn about it! they justnever think its going to happen to them so continue to use them while driving.

Only today while out cycling I must have seen 30 plus all when traffic was busy and what's even worse is that now they are bannedthose who use them also try to hide them so it makes it even worse as they are looking down all the time.

I shouted at some d*$k using on today while driving over the A628 woodhead pass as he was all over the place but he just stuck 2 fingers up,something he regretted 2 mile down the road as there was a massive que of traffic at the roundabout so i pulled along side opened his door he was Still on the phone too, And shouted get the f@*k off that phone. He bricked himself and did so.

I asked Look mate is it REALLY worth it and no it wasn't he said he wasn't a small guy either and i know it was stupid to do that but when you are out riding and someone nearly knocks you off it kinda gets you mad as you're are hyped up from riding anyway.

Rant over but it really gets me mad.

:shock:

Shocking pickies indeed but i'll tell you now that no one gives a damn about it! they justnever think its going to happen to them so continue to use them while driving.

Only today while out cycling I must have seen 30 plus all when traffic was busy and what's even worse is that now they are bannedthose who use them also try to hide them so it makes it even worse as they are looking down all the time.

I shouted at some d*$k using on today while driving over the A628 woodhead pass as he was all over the place but he just stuck 2 fingers up,something he regretted 2 mile down the road as there was a massive que of traffic at the roundabout so i pulled along side opened his door he was Still on the phone too, And shouted get the f@*k off that phone. He bricked himself and did so.

I asked Look mate is it REALLY worth it and no it wasn't he said he wasn't a small guy either and i know it was stupid to do that but when you are out riding and someone nearly knocks you off it kinda gets you mad as you're are hyped up from riding anyway.

No mate thats a fair point you did right imo, It really pi$$es me off. Like there arent enough bad drivers out there, nevermind people using phones too. Unless you're going down a motorway, i dont see how you can physically use one, with the constant changing in direction and gears. Not without taking your one hand off the wheel anyway.

rant away i would have done the same thing, i have another driving hate smoking while driving, why is this alowed you take your cig out of the pack mess about lighting it then the cherry falls off in your lap and you panic because your seats smoldering , then when youve finished and you flick it out the window at some one , either cycling or on a motorbike also the car , the other day i was driving and a hgv driver flicked his butt out the window and it landed on my bonnet i had my window open it could of quite easily come in the window in my eyes , burnt me or my interior , great

and thats my rant over youve been a wonderful audience :D

Damn Ka's, They obv don't have the same build quality as trusty VWs :p

Pearoast from earlier, but heres how my old mk5 polo fared against an A3 - still got written off tho :(. And no, I wasn't on a mobile phone, they ran a red at the crossroads! 30mph straight into the side of them :/

15.jpg

16.jpg

i have another driving hate smoking while driving, why is this alowed you take your cig out of the pack mess about lighting it then the cherry falls off in your lap and you panic because your seats smoldering , then when youve finished and you flick it out the window at some one , either cycling or on a motorbike also the car , the other day i was driving and a hgv driver flicked his butt out the window and it landed on my bonnet i had my window open it could of quite easily come in the window in my eyes , burnt me or my interior , great

and thats my rant over youve been a wonderful audience :D

Yeah that is a weird one. Modern cars have plenty of pockets and cup holders, and yet eating and drinking whilst driving is now against the law, or so I heard?.

Smoking, which has all the dangers you pointed out (not to mention gassing out any passengers) is still allowed?!! Strange.

As mentioned already, people just don't seem to care anymore. Neither about the consequences of their actions or other people. They feel secure in their indestructable little metal boxes and get lost in their own little selfish worlds.

Some idiot in a Range Rover sport decided to slow right down in the outside lane the other day and just sit there crawling along at the same pace as the car on the inside lane. When he eventually cleared the car, he stayed in the outside lane doing 60mph. That REALLY gauls me that does so I undertook him. Wrong I know but I won't tolerate having my speed goverened to 60 by some selfish twat in front of me.

Sure enough, as I drove past and looked up, there was a no neck oafish Essex builder sat there on his mobile phone. And what's worse, he was doing that through a section of road with Police signs on the side of the road saying "Fatal accident here on XX/01/08".

I have zero to the power of zero sympathy for anyone like that if they crash, only the innocent victims they may mame or kill.

Just as with drink driving and wearing seatbelts..... it takes years for the message to sink into these morons' thick heads. Hit them where it hurts. Fine them heavily, ban them and confiscate both the phone and car.

In fact, put them on a mobile black list that prevents them from buying a phone if they're prosecuted for using one in a car.

that little polo held up really well!

not sure how good the Ka's are generally in accidents but every one I see in my dad's garage has rot in it, I wouldn't want to be in one over a couple of years old

Some idiot in a Range Rover sport decided to slow right down in the outside lane the other day and just sit there crawling along at the same pace as the car on the inside lane. When he eventually cleared the car, he stayed in the outside lane doing 60mph. That REALLY gauls me that does so I undertook him. Wrong I know but I won't tolerate having my speed goverened to 60 by some selfish twit in front of me.

Sure enough, as I drove past and looked up, there was a no neck oafish Essex builder sat there on his mobile phone. And what's worse, he was doing that through a section of road with Police signs on the side of the road saying "Fatal accident here on XX/01/08".

I have zero to the power of zero sympathy for anyone like that if they crash, only the innocent victims they may mame or kill.

Just as with drink driving and wearing seatbelts..... it takes years for the message to sink into these morons' thick heads. Hit them where it hurts. Fine them heavily, ban them and confiscate both the phone and car.

In fact, put them on a mobile black list that prevents them from buying a phone if they're prosecuted for using one in a car.

Now that one seriously hacks me off too and have to say I occasionally undertake but I'm a bit paranoid about getting pulled over for it, why i dont know coz numpty i just passed on the outside lane was using a mobile while driving.

I think you should be able to take pictures of drivers using mobile's while driving with your phone (although not while you are driving) and send them to a database that automatically sends a £50 fine to the owner of the car and as a reward you would get £10 back for shopping the twits, that'd stop em :lol:

Some idiot in a Range Rover sport decided to slow right down in the outside lane the other day and just sit there crawling along at the same pace as the car on the inside lane. When he eventually cleared the car, he stayed in the outside lane doing 60mph. That REALLY gauls me that does so I undertook him. Wrong I know but I won't tolerate having my speed goverened to 60 by some selfish twit in front of me.

Now that one seriously hacks me off too and have to say I occasionally undertake but I'm a bit paranoid about getting pulled over for it, why i dont know coz numpty i just passed on the outside lane was using a mobile while driving.

I think you should be able to take pictures of drivers using mobile's while driving with your phone (although not while you are driving) and send them to a database that automatically sends a £50 fine to the owner of the car and as a reward you would get £10 back for shopping the twits, that'd stop em :lol:

now thats a good idea :D

See, I'm really of the opinion that driving is not a right, it's a skill you have to earn.

It shouldn't be expensive to drive, but you should have to take regular re-tests (every 5yrs or so) to keep your license. You should have to do a minimum number of hours driving before you're allowed to pass your test and you should have to do Pass Plus to prove you can drive on a motorway and at night too.

Then that's just me...

The only true way to make out roads safer is to give people other methods of transport as the roads are so crowded these days, there is no margin for error left. But personally I don't believe in taking away peoples freedoom, where does it end, no talking to the driver, no driving? I drive and cycle on the roads knowing full well the risks involved and that I might get run over. Many years ago when I was a kid, when it snowed my old man would get his land rover out and tie sledges behind it, the whole village would join in and he would drive along the roads between the villages towing lots of kids behind him! That would never be allowed these days and my dad would almost certainly get his licence taken away for it, some of the best fun I had as a kid that my little boy certainly wont get unless I emigrate!

I'm not pro using mobiles whilst driving and certainly don't do it myself, but I do think that this country I used to love so much as a kid is rapidly becoming a complete nanny state where you can't have fun/freedom. The government want to bring in the old gps receiver for every car jobbie already, it will happen in the furure as the roads get worse despite the huge opposition. Then speeding will be determined using the receivers and that will be the end of fast cars.

Back in '97 I had a Mk 1 written off (see pic) after having it on the roads for three weeks, I had been building it for a year. My friend who was a passenger has now got one leg shorter than the other, has terrible scarring and limiled use of his left hand, all because some tw@t decided to overtake on the brow of a hill over double white lines. Combined impact speed of 140mph head on. You will always get these twats on the roads, but taking away everyone else's freedom becazause of the twats isn't the answer in my book. I really hope smoking in cars, eating in cars and all the rest of it isn't banned (no I don't smoke) because it's simply not the solution to the problem. It's a bit like the old more cars more roads ethos, where does it end??LCG485Y.jpg[/attachment:28nem17g]

The only true way to make out roads safer is to give people other methods of transport as the roads are so crowded these days, there is no margin for error left. But personally I don't believe in taking away peoples freedoom, where does it end, no talking to the driver, no driving? I drive and cycle on the roads knowing full well the risks involved and that I might get run over. Many years ago when I was a kid, when it snowed my old man would get his land rover out and tie sledges behind it, the whole village would join in and he would drive along the roads between the villages towing lots of kids behind him! That would never be allowed these days and my dad would almost certainly get his licence taken away for it, some of the best fun I had as a kid that my little boy certainly wont get unless I emigrate!

I'm not pro using mobiles whilst driving and certainly don't do it myself, but I do think that this country I used to love so much as a kid is rapidly becoming a complete nanny state where you can't have fun/freedom. The government want to bring in the old gps receiver for every car jobbie already, it will happen in the furure as the roads get worse despite the huge opposition. Then speeding will be determined using the receivers and that will be the end of fast cars.

Back in '97 I had a Mk 1 written off (see pic) after having it on the roads for three weeks, I had been building it for a year. My friend who was a passenger has now got one leg shorter than the other, has terrible scarring and limiled use of his left hand, all because some tw@t decided to overtake on the brow of a hill over double white lines. Combined impact speed of 140mph head on. You will always get these twits on the roads, but taking away everyone else's freedom becazause of the twits isn't the answer in my book. I really hope smoking in cars, eating in cars and all the rest of it isn't banned (no I don't smoke) because it's simply not the solution to the problem. It's a bit like the old more cars more roads ethos, where does it end??LCG485Y.jpg[/attachment:2jjnxr2q]

Well said.

It seems there's a frenzy to ban one thing after the other in this country. Let's put down the Daily Mail for a minute and chill out. :hitler: