Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

My Opinion Dividing Company Car.

Personally I love it! 8) Most of you are going to hate it. But it's currently dividing opinion on a Hyundai forum so I thought I'd sit back and let it do the same here! :lol: And don't bother comparing it to a Ford GT or a Dodge Viper. It's been done ad nauseum elsewhere. And no it doesn't (quite) have the performance to back up the stripes.... :lol:

bfbbbea005.jpg

ba760f7c0d.jpg

29cda591e3.jpg

I think the stripes look good......it's the badge that spoils it...lol

There seems to be a bit of snobbery in here about putting vinyl on cars.

I don't think there is anything wrong with it....in fact i'm going to put some vinyl on my C.

its one of those birds you see in the night club when your dribbling in to the pint of flat larger you've had for two hours. you check your wallet that lets you down , you cant see your friends there over 10yards away and for a split second the hyundia in the corner smiling at you, wearing its boob tube and hotpants looks like a good lift home. The next day when u wake up you hope no one has seen u with it and your trying to blank out that u had a go in it and u certainly arnt telling your friends u went home with it!

its one of those birds you see in the night club when your dribbling in to the pint of flat larger you've had for two hours. you check your wallet that lets you down , you cant see your friends there over 10yards away and for a split second the hyundia in the corner smiling at you, wearing its boob tube and hotpants looks like a good lift home. The next day when u wake up you hope no one has seen u with it and your trying to blank out that u had a go in it and u certainly arnt telling your friends u went home with it!

Haha about sums it up nicely! ...yeah looks terrible, "coming to a Mcdonalds car park near you soon'.

Evo had one of those on long term test a couple of years ago. They fitted a quaife diff to it, 18s, semi slicks, coilovers etc etc and used it as a track day car :-) It put in some very respectable circuit times IIRC.

They were going to do something about the weedy V6 engine aswell but I didn't see the results of that.

Bit low rent inside and obviously the 70s/80s retro body stripes are naff, otherwise not bad. Especially if it's a company hack and not your own car.

I used to have these chasing me all the time, some kind of 'Coupe rivalry' thing I suspect, but they're too gutless to worry a C VR6 / modded G60 :lol:

its not snobbery, its just a shitty thing to do in some peoples eyes

That looks cool from every angle apart from the front, where it looks damned awful :(

The bird on the stand is rather tasty though :norty:

its not snobbery, its just a **** thing to do in some peoples eyes

Bit of a surprising response from you considering you have Corsa in your handle and you come from Essex :lol:

Ah.....i'm only jesting.......you either like it or you don't.

is it the reasonably gutless 2.0, or the reasonably impressive 2.7????

No, it's the even more gutless 1.6! :lol: The 2.0 litre is alright actually. I'd have the 2.0 out of the bunch because the V6 just uses more fuel and doesn't give enough of a return. None of the engines are a match for the Rado line up of course.

I think the stripes are there just so people notice the car. If someone pitched up at our showroom and wanted to buy it off us (it's really just a demonstrator that I get to take home with me) we'd more than likely take the stripes off. And it certainly does get noticed! For every one person that comes to our dealership who hates the stripes there's one person that loves them.

Since I've started selling Hyundaisaiss the difference between the new stuff and old is unreal. Just compare the Getz with the i30. I can hardly believe they're made by the same manufacturer. And the stuff they've got in the pipeline is really gonna show the badge snobs where to stick it! It's like they've all of a sudden got really serious. The Genesis stuff is shaping up nicely. Looks like the Coupe will be out in the US early 2009 with talk of a V8, but it looks more likely to be fitted with a 300+bhp 3.8 turbo charged V6. The 375bhp 4.6 V8 engine is destined for the Genesis Saloon which will give it a 0-60 time of 6 seconds. That's out this summer. I just pray they import it into the UK because they are still considering whether or not they will. If they do I think I'll make sure I'll be having the keys to the demo every evening! :D