Sign in to follow this  
daves16v

I just can't do it........

Some of you may know I advertised my Rado for sale last year but with 1 thing or another I didn't push the sale hard enough and it has sat silently in my garage for 6 months. I always intended on selling it so on Sunday I got it back out the garage and took some photo's with the intention of banging it back in the for sale section.

I suddenly had a strange feeling and said to my missus 'I can't do it, I just can't sell it'. From that moment I knew I would regret it as I did with my previous Rado. I'd only had it just over a year and only driven it for 6 months after spending alot of money and time getting it looking and driving right.

I just want to sound off about the draw our cars have. I really didn't expect to feel this way.

Anyway I'm keeping it now :D :D :D

By the way I have a 1.8T Passat as my daily driver and although it's more comfortable, quieter and more economical with climate control and all, it really doesn't hit the spot.

Sounds to me like you made the right choice :) I felt like this years ago when I was about to swap my Scirocco for a younger model. Head said do it but I had got too attached to the old one and couldn't face getting rid of it and in the end kept it for another 5 years until Corrados got on the radar.

Heart not head as far as Corrados go :? Always has been always will be.

been on about moving on and selling my corado for two years now (long story), but it will never be worth what i think it is and what else could i get for the same money (or even twice as much) to put such a big smile on my face

i think the only thing i would sell it for would be a better corrado

good for you Dave keep the corrado :D :D

Rob

I did this. Some may remember my post in here, saying i'd had enough and wanted to sell up in favour of a newer car (seat ibiza, ford focus etc etc). But i couldnt. Despite the fact its a royal pain in the arse, i cant sell it

I'm sick of the bills (again) and I really want a new car - but I know i'll come crawling back again so the next car I buy will be when I can afford to keep the Rado as well.

Good call Dave - glad you decided to stick with it. Looked like a cracking example when I finally got to see it at the National Day last year :)

been on about moving on and selling my corado for two years now (long story), but it will never be worth what i think it is and what else could i get for the same money (or even twice as much) to put such a big smile on my face

i think the only thing i would sell it for would be a better corrado

Rob

This is exactly how I feel about mine, except I couldn't even trade it up for a better one. Mine has too much character. Due to financial issues I'm selling my Porsche and I'll probably have to sell my Corrado and drive a hand-me-down Saab, but even posting the feeler for it on my local VW group made me tear up. :( I've not even owned it for half as long as my Porsche, but I'm way more attached to it, which is incredible because my Porsche has been my dating car and it was also the first car that I bought.

Fuggin' Corrados. :lol:

I point blank refuse to sell mine as its been personalised too much.

Too many people sell up and instantly regret it and buy another.