Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

1.8t conversion on my G60

Hello Folks,

I've decided to keep my Corrado so I'm going to go for a 1.8t conversion and if its possible I would like the 6 speed gear box as well. I'm looking to get around 280bhp. Where would the best place be to get this done and how much would it cost roughly?

PS A garage in Scotland would be great if possible.

You'll want a 225bhp BAM engine out of a TT or S3 or Leon CR - You can get them stage 1 remapped to 265BHP, but without spending lots of money for no huge gain i would be happy with that. Exhaust might give you a few bhp but not many..

BTW the 6-Speed 'box is frickin huge, and you'll need custom driveshafts for it to fit!

You can use the 5-speed 'box just fine, you only have to mod the output flanges for it to fit, or just use your G60 'box!!!

if you want a BAM engine then be prepared to pay top doller or wait a while for a bargain to come up. they are usually the ones people want.

as for cost, well i would expect to see a BAM go for £1200+. conversion costs vary, there are a few ways of doing it. if you are paying someone else then expect a fair size bill. slotting the engine in is easy, making all the pipework is time consuming.

gearbox, stick with a 5 speed G60 box as it fits straight on.

I've checked around its looking more expensive than I thought anyway I'm in two minds thinking about selling ma G60 again and getting an S3

find me an engine and bring it to me and i will do it for less! :lol:

I think I'm going to sell the Corrado test drove a s3 yesterday well nice. Cheers for the offer though

S3's are very nice cars......but they are souless, plus everyone will just think it's an A3 :grin:

Rado's are fairly rare on the roads, My Std 1.8T powered corrado is just as quick, if not quicker than my mates S3!

It cost me less than £3K to get the 1.8T sat in my bay!

Keep the rado, you'll only regret it!

I dont think he will regret it, not hardcore enough of a fan of the Corrado my impression is tbh.

I dont think he will regret it, not hardcore enough of a fan of the Corrado my impression is tbh.

Surely having the same Corrado for 11 years makes me a little bit of a fan (bearing in mind I'll only 31) :shrug:

cost me around 3.5probo nearer 4 cos im having turbo problems,that was on mbe qpeng all samcos no expense speared quite easy to do aswell.

well worth it the engine the corrado shud have had :D

dont mob me vr6 owners lol :)

Surely having the same Corrado for 11 years makes me a little bit of a fan (bearing in mind I'll only 31) :shrug:

I replied earlier but the post has vanished, but it said i stand well and truly corrected on the matter.

Keep it and stick a diff engine in. You hardcore Corrado fan.

I was thinking if I kept ma G60 and went down the 16v g60 conversion route with this kit (BBM 16vg60 conversion kit) what kind of power would I be looking at?

Or

If I was to change the charger for this (BBM Supercharger Kit (Lysholm) MkII 1.8L Digifant II) what kind of power would I be looking at from that?

Cheers in advance (love superchargers)

Sandy

you can buy my 2.016vG60 engine and charger (BBM) off me if you like. should be around the 300Bhp mark, im giving serious thought about sticking a R32 in there instead...