Storm Warning

Attaching show plates - Osnabruck Hangers

Doh.. got a set of those myself and was waiting till I had to get the bumper painted before I fitted them. Was hoping they'd be a bit of a rarity :)

A friend of mine who was with us from the Scirocco Register when we went to Germany last year speaks pretty good German and went into a VW dealership in Osnabruck - they kindly furnished him with about 6 pairs of plate surrounds absolutely free of charge! Very kind indeed! Even kinder that he passed a pair on to me :)

Boo, I hoped mine would be rare too :lol: and now they are as rare a my Karmann Leather Sport Storm secial edition interior :camp:

My Dad tried to explain what they were for and why, but they just said how many and passed them over but sounds like its not uncommon for the dealers to be asked. I'm hoping the lower clip is strong enough to tollerate regular plate changes.

Looking for Osnabrück surrounds here, anyone know where to get them? Apart from Osnabrück obviously.

Have seen a few corrados with the Wolfsburg ones, do your homework people!

Looking for Osnabrück surrounds here, anyone know where to get them? Apart from Osnabrück obviously.

Have seen a few corrados with the Wolfsburg ones, do your homework people!

Got a pair of brand new Karmann ones spare which I bought before it closed. £25 posted

Got a pair of brand new Karmann ones spare which I bought before it closed. £25 posted

Yes please, karmann ones would be even better! I've been looking but all i get is bloody karmann ghias popping up everywhere... pm sent.

Sent a pm but keeps logging me out when i do so post up here if it hasn't come through mate. or pm me you mobile number and i can sort you a photo too.

Kip ;)

Got it thanks, not sure about the silver tho. Are they german ones? I'm looking for vag style ones if you know what i mean?

Got it thanks, not sure about the silver tho. Are they german ones? I'm looking for vag style ones if you know what i mean?

German ones? wel they were bought from Karmann in Germany so i guess that classes them as German ones :)

If you aren't sure about the silver no problem & no obligation of course mate so if you want to pass on them its quite alright. ;)

Kip

I use HD velcro, been perfect since fitted and are way better than the sticky pads. I did also buy some plate clips/surround but I found that these didnt sit in the car recess very well so just stuck those on the Audi and look fine.

No issue with MOT, but prob just lucky.

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

just to add, teh velcro is great too as it allows for plates swapping for shows. I just use a flat spatula to separate the hook and loops.

Thanks for taking the time Kip but i'll pass, my car is moonlight blue and the silver would look out of place with the uk plates. I'll keep looking but Chris should take them off your hands?

Cheers again

elliott

Elliott, not a problem young man.

Chris, i'll send you a pic of them if you pm me your mobile number ;) least you'll know what they look like then.

Kip