Sign in to follow this  
apaper

1993 SLC: 8

OK. The posts in the Ice section will be my beginning attempts to be a contributing community member for THE Corrado Forum site. My fist being my Group Buy: 16" SPEEDLINE 5-lug Wheels.

I hope everyone feels that these posts are helpful as I

Great stuff mate, looks like you've done a really neat job, must have taken plenty of patience. Thanks for the walkthrough guide too, I might give this a go over summer. :D

Great stuff mate, looks like you've done a really neat job, must have taken plenty of patience. Thanks for the walkthrough guide too, I might give this a go over summer. :D

Yorkshireone: Thank you sir :notworthy: . I truly appreciate that. Yes, it took soooo much patience to do this audio build. It was in the planning stages for 2 years or so. In that time, I had no stereo at all. Imagine that, a person who would rather listen to nothing for 2 years rather than something other than my final plans...I have many issues, not the least of which is OCD :help:

It's my pleasure to share this build with you and all the other 'Rado enthusiasts out there!

Regards,

Fantastic work mate!

The finish looks superb, love the leather trimming to match the doorcards. :clap: :salute: :notworthy:

Fantastic work mate! The finish looks superb, love the leather trimming to match the doorcards. :clap: :salute: :notworthy:

Thank you Mattnorgrove, thank you :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

As with all your work apaper - absolutely fabulous :D . Out of interest what are the amps and crossovers you've got in there - I don't recognise them, and they look really cool?

As with all your work apaper - absolutely fabulous :D . Out of interest what are the amps and crossovers you've got in there - I don't recognise them, and they look really cool?

Thank you JMC :grin: ! The amps are Tube amplifiers (very old technology) that were hand built in Japan. The x-overs are also hand built by the same company: Musee

Tube amps are very rare in any enviornment (ie. Home audio) but especially car audio. Only 2-3 very high-end (small) manufactures make tube amps for car applications.

The big one is 150 watts per channel (running the front speakers) and the small one is 50 watts per channel running the subwoofer (bridged to 100 watts). The quality and type of sound they produce is simply fantastic :luvlove: .

Thanks again for your compliments :wink:

Cheers,

You're welcome - credit where credit is due :D . Don't suppose you have a link where I could find out more about the amps? Tried searching and come come up with loads of museums, but nohing on musee amps :(

These how to guides are great. Mods...these guides should be "stickyed"

I would be honored :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Thank you James.

very very nice work, i know what i will be atempting over the xmas period, but it will not be as well done as your's though :lol: