Sign in to follow this  
colsy

first 1/4 mile at pod

Hi all,

just cam back from big bang down at santa pod, decided to take my VR down the strip. I was a drag strip virgin, so my starts weren't all that good, but still managed three low 15's, best being 15.3, with a terminal speed of 92mph. i was preety happy, last run was against a golf VR6,,he got off the mark better, me being a newbie and all!! but i still had him! did anyone else go down?

heres a pic of me at the start:

MF4M5744-1.jpg

Col.

hi mic_VR

yea, pretty much, mocal cooler, samcos & chip +BMC with full magnex. whats a stock VR published qtr mile?

About 15.7sec I think....

I keep meaning to take mine down the strip but I'm not going to get the chance until Bugjam now. I'll be hoping for similar times myself.

I might do bug jam too, I reckon if I had built the revs a little before launching, I could have got those times down. I wish all road surfaces were half as good as that strip, awsome!

I'd recomend it to anyone, price was reasonable too, £20 as many runs as you like, only had three tho, the weather was baking and I dint want to cause any damage thrashing the nuts off it all day. Great fun! Saw a mental mk2 golf derv powered doing low 13's....unreal!

Mine Runs 14.9's with roughly the same power as a VR Rado! So you can deffo improve on those Times! C looks sweet lining up on the Christmas Tree!

Got a picture just like that of my Inca Blue G60 on the start line at Santa Pod from last years spring GTi. I managed a 15.12 with around 185-190bhp at the wheels. I've got my top-end fueling more sorted now so hopefully I'll break into the 14's at The Summer Gti festival in June. :)

thanks for your compliments steve, much appriciated. id like to think i could get into the high 14's with a improved start, wont be loosing any sleep about it tho, im happy to know the cars running pretty healthy power wise.

nice pic, i wanna take mine down the stirp. hopefully will be at bugjam to do it :D lol

kinda proves that we dont need a skidlid altho id prolly want one. :)

isnt it anything over 100 and you will need one?

Cheers phil, ur rite junkie it is 110. I forgot to take my helmet, but to be honest I dint feel in any danger. Might av wantd 1 if I was in one of the top fuelers! And def if I was on one of the nitro busa's!

With Lids it depends entirley on the Track you race at! For Instance at York you have to wear lids, but at Inters you can run without! I personally would feel safer with one on my noggin like!

Talking of pics of cars on drag strips.....we should have a thread in the gallery :clap:

Here's a pic of mine just launching off the line at york:

2007_0506_York_0008.jpg

Although my mate in the aqua blue G60 got the drop on me, I'd caught and passed him by the 1/8th mile :grin:

cracking pic steve! Car looks tidy too. Tandino, its def 110 at pod now, I checked with the signing office, came in to effect late last month.

cracking pic steve! Car looks tidy too. Tandino, its def 110 at pod now, I checked with the signing office, came in to effect late last month.

Ah well as you say its a recent thing then.

Last time i was up there i nearly got collared for it and Jacob Bailey who i was chatting with who runs in the VWDRC had to get helmeted up in his R32 Mk2

Its prob bcos of the abundance of cars around these days which can finish at 100, supose ppl were turning up without helmets and couldnt run, n the organisers would have been looking cash, that extra 10 mph seperayes joe blogs evo from the club racers tuned to the hilt skylinec

Col

regardless of how fast i made it acroos - unless doing bug push! i think id wear a skid lid. dont want anything happening to the swede that cant be fixed. :D