Sign in to follow this  
DanA

Corrado VR6 - 3D Model

I run a 3d animation company based in Halifax and we've decided to produce a detailed corrado 3d model. Ben, who works for us is modelling it up. Not entirely sure what we'll use it for, maybe do a short animation.... anyway, its all good practice!

I'll keep adding renders as we go, here are the speedlines to kick it off:

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

Dan

Oh that's far too cool! 8)

If you were really bored, you could do a dubmeister type thing where you can pick and choose wheels/tyres/lights/etc and build your own virtual car...

SICKO SICKO

this would be awsome for people just to try different wheels and paint jobs etc on their cars if it was readily available

That is awesome!

I'll be watching this thread with intent now. Very very 8)

That is so cool. I've been wanting to model it for a few months now, but have nowhere near the time or ability to do so.

Glad you got some pictures up!

looking cool man, are you 3d scanning or measuring by hand... or have you managed to find some vw drawings?? lol!

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone! It would be good to do some sort of customising program, may look into that after its done.

We are modelling it in 3dsmax using polys & mesh smooth, there's about 3 days work in it so far. All we have is this very poor plan (which isn't quite right) and various photos.

corrado-plan.jpg

Thought it was being done a little too quickly for solid modelling!! Awesome results!! Could I have a copy of the surfaces when you've finished? I can then give the panels thickness etc to make them solids for which I'm sure we can find some use!!

Ooh, looks pretty good so far 8)

Like you say, it's allllmost right, but doesn't look quite there yet. I'm sure with some tweaking you'll get there though.

Have you got any spatial capture type stuff? So you can put markers on the car, film it and let the software work out the distances?

sweet, seen this done of a mates 200sx and it looked awesome! took the lad ages to do as he worked full time and was doing this in his spare time :)

Wow, that is starting to look realy good :clap: . I wonder if there are any of our more university orientated types who would be able to do some aerodynamic modelling on this - would be really cool to get some real air flow info about the car?

We arn't using any 3d scanning\capure methods - everything is modelled from scratch using the edit poly tool in 3dsmax.

Here are some more renders, made a start on the engine bay too!

engine_03sml.jpg

engine_04sml.jpg

engine_05sml.jpg

engine_06sml.jpg

engine_07sml.jpg

engine_08sml.jpg

motion%20test_01sml.jpg

good work, would be so cool if we could test different wheels/colours, a lot of work tho i bet.

has anyone seen the corrado on forza motor sport x-box 360, made mine into a 900bhp 4wd beast that did 0-60 in about 2.18 seconds, my mates got bored of it being the quickest and best handling car on the game, so they sold it while i was out of the room. :o