Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

MOT booked for Monday!

Right, last few bits to go back on are soaking in buckets/in the dishwasher being cleaned up. I've got another cam cover that has been partly polished that I just need to finish off that will top the engine off nicely. :D

I have finally managed to source a driver's side wing with no rust on it. It is grey but since I'm planning a paint overhaul that won't be a problem. The oil return thingumy dealey bob arrived from Shaung60 yesterday (cheers for that buddy :salute: ) and I have a power steering pump coming from CTWG60 soon. That just leaves a new rad that I will order when I get around to it. It's all good!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Oh yeah, one last thing I keep forgetting. My engine never had an oil pressure sender. :eek: Anyone got one kicking about?

Are the VR6 ones the same as the G60 ones mate? If so I've got one a VR6 one in the shed?

The one that goes into the side of the head just before the oil feed for the charger. It'll be different to a VR one I'm sure but thanks for the offer Mic.

The one that goes into the side of the head just before the oil feed for the charger. It'll be different to a VR one I'm sure but thanks for the offer Mic.

so how was it capped off then ?

so how was it capped off then ?

The oil feed had just been screwed straight into the head. The way it should be from what I can work out there is a union that screws into the head with the pressure sender around it and the oil feed screws into the end of the union. The union and sender were both missing.

Oh well, looks like I've been rained off today anyway. It's really cold and although the car is in a car port the wind is blowing the rain inside. I'm getting drenched. :(

very jeolous of your car garage :tongue:

It's great isn't it. :grin: As you can see from this thread I don't take it for granted.

I've only got it for another two weeks. We're moving into our own place.

you'd better hurry up then. apparently where my car is the farmer son is having his wedding in there :lol: so thats my deadline :grin:

you'd better hurry up then. apparently where my car is the farmer son is having his wedding in there :lol: so thats my deadline :grin:

:lol: You're keeping your car in a church?!

I've booked the MOT for 14th Jan. What can I say. I'm a pretty optimistic person. :lol:

The house I'm moving to has a garage too but nowhere near as nice as the one here. It would really just do for storing the car in. I won't be able to work on it in the garage as there isn't enough room.

Well, I had hoped to tell you all that it's running but it's not.... Somehow, and I have no idea how, the ignition timing is way off. When I had the engine out I timed it all up and it was fine. I tried to start the engine this afternoon and it wouldn't go so first thing I did was set the engine to TDC and took the dizzy cap off. The rotor arm is way off. A little over 90 degrees out I'd say. I have no idea how that could have happened. :shrug:

Oh well, I don't have much luck with ignition timing so I'm taking it on the chin. At least it's a problem I can sort out. But not today because it is dark and cold now. :camp:

I don't miss the g60 dizzy at all. :|

Witch craft.

Have u got a timing light? or are you saying the intermediate timing mark no longer lines up?

Not checked the intermediate shaft timing mark yet as the lower belt cover is still on. It can't have moved though surely. The timing marks on all the sprockets were perfect and it was belted up. But then the rotor arm was timed too. But now it isn't????????!!!! I haven't got a timing light but I don't need one to see it's out! :lol: I probably should blag one though. I was hoping it would just run vaguely right so I could fine tune it later by turning the dizzy. Think it's a bit far to turn it though really....

Nightmare!

Nah it's really not that bad mate. Just an annoyance because I'm going to have to go back and take stuff off and redo things I've already done once. It's nothing too taxing though.

Ok, some other strange problem with my car. The rear lights are now stuck on! As soon as I connect the battery they come on and won't come off. :lol: Any ideas?

Ok, some other strange problem with my car. The rear lights are now stuck on! As soon as I connect the battery they come on and won't come off. :lol: Any ideas?

yup.

the brake light has a push to brake switch.When the brake pedal is in the up position it turns off the light.Have a snoop under the dash.

You'll work it out.

Were you mucking around with the brake/servo setup during your trials and tribulations?