Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

MOT booked for Monday!

WHOOOOOOT! Good work that man! Bet you feel great now? :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cheers guys. I feel like I've just breathed a huge sigh of relief! I'm knackered too. Worked 9 till 5 on it.

Want to do another one now though! :lol: Anyone want me to do theirs for them? :lol:

would you want paying? :D

Probably, I've had to put an awful lot of man hours into this. I haven't got any plans for holiday this year now it's just me so I may take time off of the day job to do another project. Thing is I've learned soooo much from this it would be a shame to not make use of that knowledge.

Judith, didn't realise there was a place left! Stick my name down as I'm going anyway it would be silly not to be on the stand. :D

:grin: :clap: :grin: :clap: WOOHOOOOO!

really pleased for you pal, just get that boost leak sorted and then it'll all be forgotten :D

post up how it is driving it for the first time after all your work - bet you'll be giggling like a little kid!

Can't wait to drive it! Irony is the MOT ran out today! :lol:

Especially can't wait to hit the shows and meets this year. Not long before the AGM, elsecar and Stanford. :D

Good effort and well done :clap:

I bet you will be grinning more than a shark on X when you drive it :grin:

Blood, sweat and tears. Literally. Mostly tears. :lol:

There's still work to be done. Once she's back on the road it's time to start on the bodywork.

Blood, sweat and tears. Literally. Mostly tears. :lol:

There's still work to be done. Once she's back on the road it's time to start on the bodywork.

Aye, but the worst is over :D

Cheers guys. Really appreciate the kind words and positive comments.

Got another nice update for you all. I drove it today! Did a few bits in my lunch break wearing my suit! :lol:

I have to say it's bloody awesome despite obviously driving at very slow speeds.... The clutch feels fantastic. Soooooooo much better than before. :cheers:

I am feeling pretty chuffed with what I've achieved. :grin:

Putting bumper, bonnet, and headlights on tomorrow.

os9ut4.jpg

i'm impressed you can remember how it felt before! I'm sure i'd've forgotten by now.. excellent to see it getting about under its own er, steam though :)

Mate, I can remember very well how it felt before. The clutch was the heaviest clutch in the entire world! The pressure plate was fooooked beyond all reconing.

I'm so happy I'm driving everyone at work mad at the moment. :lol:

The Rado gets loads of respect mate. Everyone I've spoken to within the vw network, be it at dealerships or people that work for vw themselves, love the Corrado.

I still get a lot of stick because it's in bits but it's all just banter.

One of our master techs has a Corrado himself and another tech that works for us did pre-delivery inspections on loads of Corrados when they were new. I'd love to be able to track down the Corrados that were sold by the dealerships in our group. :D

Well done, its is great feeling when all the hard work comes together. Do you know what the waiting list on the Scirocco R20 at the moment?

Pretty sure the scirocco r is sold out for this year. The golf r is. They're only building 500 of the two cars. And that's not each. There are only 500 factory allocations for both cars together for the uk for the year. One of my customers who has a golf r on order is starting to get impatient already! :lol: But he's gonna have to wait another month or so if his scheduled build week is anything to go by. I know there are some cars in the country already but I think they're just the press cars etc. I saw the left hand drive scirocco r used in Top Gear magazine when I was on a course in Milton Keynes:

2upproj.jpg

We should see the first scirocco r we have on order by the end of April. :D