waynos

waynes corrado

Nice work mate! 8)

Are you mounting three oil pressure sensors? as the original housing has 2 mounting points?

nah just the two, tried to get the bloody allen screw out of the housing but it wouldnt budge and it eventually rounded!

nah just the two, tried to get the bloody allen screw out of the housing but it wouldnt budge and it eventually rounded!

LOL - always the way!

yea ill sort that properly one day, my next hurdle is working out where all the coolant hoses go as havent got a scooby doo.

yea ill sort that properly one day, my next hurdle is working out where all the coolant hoses go as havent got a scooby doo.

Thinks yours will be slightly different to mine, as I had an afterun pump (which I never had)

right ive figured out my coolant hoses, shall try and hook up the most of them in the week,

just starting to work out a rough route for the intercooler piping, damn i cant wait to get this in and running!

DSC00326.jpg

Looks fookin clean mate!

What intercooler you running?

What throttle are you running and is there any adjustment for idling on that?

intercooler is an ebay jobbie,think theres a pic somewhere in the topic somewhere. The outlets are smaller than my boost pipes so i need to get a silicone reducer for each side. The throttle is off a 20vt, You can remove the black cover on the side and bend the throttle stop if idle needs adjustment

intercooler is an ebay jobbie,think theres a pic somewhere in the topic somewhere. The outlets are smaller than my boost pipes so i need to get a silicone reducer for each side. The throttle is off a 20vt, You can remove the black cover on the side and bend the throttle stop if idle needs adjustment

OK cool, I'm using the mk3 golf one, it has an idle screw but its still lumpy from cold.

i'd try and minimise the joints on your boost pipework, managed to blow one of my boost pipes of the intercooler today...even though it has bloody expensive murray clamps!

update!

last few parts are arriving this week, heres what i got so far

some exhaust wrap and metal cable ties

DSC00336.jpg

silicone reducers to match my intercooler pipe to my boost pipes

DSC00337.jpg

new engine mount (febi) the old one is seriously mashed!

DSC00339.jpg

nice shiny hose clamps - no jubilees here!

DSC00341.jpg

self sealing hose take off kit so i can plumb the n75 valve into my silicone boost pipe

DSC00340.jpg

And last but not least some bling - oil catch tank

DSC00338.jpg

aiming to get the g60 engine out this weekend and then take it from there

got these today, they are flanges for the exhaust system - one to go onto the down pipe and the other on the ,mid section then ive got a reducer pipe to mate it up to my exsisting exhaust

DSC00342.jpg

started to weld the first flange to the down pipe (looks a bit scruffy as ive started to grind the welds smooth but it got dark so ill save that for the weekend)

DSC00343.jpg

And its wrapped

DSC00344.jpg

lookin good dude!

Might have to give those clamps a go! my murray clamps keep blowing off :( had to stop a couple of times coming back from inters!

ive not heard of murray clamps, ive seen mikalor ones though but they are big bucks! hopefully these will do the job (better than jubilees lol)

looking good mate ,those clamps will be fine ive used them for a couple of years on mine with no problems :clap:

but you might have to move the boost pipe from above the engine as space is tight in a rado??

Theres nothing like pulling out/fitting an engine to get your adrenalin going! 8) LOL

oh yeh the adrenaline was there! tell you what though vw like to pi$$ people off by putting manifold bolts in places where you cant get to them. As for undoing the down pipe...... put it this way , if i had a swear jar id have a couple thousand by now :D

well shes in at last

DSC00353.jpg

DSC00355.jpg

gota take a bit of material off the brake cylinder as its fouling the timing belt cover slightly. Tommorrow i need to torque the gearbox bolts up properly and the mounts, then i want to work on the boost piping

haha ill make your engine clean if u give me that g60 u aquired the other day - fair trade :D

got some more done today - take a look see

The driveshafts were bolted back up and the engine mounts torqued down,gear shifter cables are bolted down.

Also managed to put the take off in the turbo boost pipe for the n75 valve

intercooler mounted, had to cut the centre part our of the front panel.

DSC00356.jpg

the route it takes up to the throttle body

DSC00357.jpg

DSC00358.jpg

The route from the turbo to the other side of the intercooler

DSC00359-1.jpg

DSC00360.jpg

And i mounted the oil catch tank where the coil used to be

DSC00361.jpg

Still working on it as i write this, putting the rad from my 16v in - the outlets are on the drivers side so the other side doesnt get too cluttered