Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyVR6

Wife hits garage wall with Corrado! (FIXED NOW!)

P1010084.jpg

P1010085.jpg

P1010086.jpg

P1010087.jpg

P1010088.jpg

How much is a new original front passenger-side wing?

Can I get one in my colour? Or will I have to get it sprayed?

How much do you reckon the bumper would cost to repair?

Wings are about £250 but yours will repair. Bumper shouldnt cost much to repair but you may as well have the whole thing done if theres chips on it etc.

I think new wings are almost £300 new and will need painting. That looks like it's probably repairable though, so I'd take it to a local bodyshop to see what they'd quote to fix it :)

I say give her the polish an tell her it will polish out with a little hard work, while shes doing that for say 6 hours getting no where, have TV/fottie/consol time :lol:

I don't think you need wife-beater when she's done that to your motor. There's motivation enough.

I've calmed down a bit now.

I'm glad peeps think the wing is repairable, will they be able to mold/hammer it to the exact shape it was before then?

Guess I'll have to go to the local bodyshops and see what the score is. No way am I claiming off the insurance, my excess over here is way too high, plus I'd loose 3.5yrs NCB.

So I'll have to get the whole wing resprayed and whole bumper?

I am probably very well removed from anyone that knows about bodywork and spraying but I'd say you need a full wing respray but might get away with the side of the bumper that's damaged. Paint's not the major area of cost so the volume of bodywork you're spraying won't increase the price a huge amount - it's mainly the prep work and man hours that go into it, which don't come down an awful lot because you paint 20% of a bumper rather than the whole thing. Obviously more costly but it shouldn't be a huge amount hopefully.

Got a quote today from 'Car Color GmbH, Fahrzeuglackierung' who are located directly next to my local Volkswagen dealership and they quoted me 550 Euros (£437.57) and that includes re-spraying the entire front bumper.

However, thats cash and with no paperwork :pale: Cos' I'm not on the German net, its much easier for them to have it as a cash job. Thing is, I've got shit loads of paperwork for everything since it was build and sold at the dealership, so I'm not sure I'd want to take this route.

If you're thinking of keeping paperwork with regards to holding value when it comes to re-sale, i'd say that to perspective buyers (who'll more than likely be 'enthusiasts') the sheer fact that you're disclosing the fact that it's had paint will mean more, plus decent pics of before, during(if poss), and after the work's been done - should more than suffice. If it'll cost you significantly more just to get paperwork i'd personaly really wouldn't bother, just make sure whoever does it will do a great job, that's the most important thing!

Shame to see it as it looks like a nice example and there's never a good time to have to fork out that sort of money on your car, but I suppose accidents do happen to the best of us. I can imagine your wife thought long and hard about how was best to approach the subject after she'd done it! :pale:

Just keep a photographic record of the repairs and pass that onto the next owner explaining the situation - I'm sure this wouldn't deter a potential buyer and in many ways is better than just being handed a receipt for said repair work!

I assume the wife owes you a month of blow jobs for the sake of her marriage now?

Wow!

I picked the car up late Friday afternoon and I'm amazed! I need not have worried as the quality of the work is very good, as yet I've not managed to tell its been sprayed.

From what I could gather with my shitty German, the dude sprayed the wing and the side of bumper, then 'feathered' (sp?!) it round to the front of the bumper, then he touched in some stone chips on the very front edge of the bonnet.

All in was 220 Euros. I'll upload photos tomorrow.

So either August or September he's going to refurb all 4 of my original Speedlines too :luvlove:

Looks good, when does the wife get out of Hospital then? if that was mine she would have been sold to the local Turks :grin: