Sign in to follow this  
Purds

Purds' corrado New clean pics pg4

i have been on the forum for a little while now, i have owned a mk2 1.6 for a few months but decided i wanted something more powerfull so i bought this

Its a standard 2.9 vr6 corrado with alarm/imobiliser

75k miles

full service history

dont know the exact blue but its dark and could be mistaken for black

full grey leather interior

bonnet needs a respray but apart from that its pretty good nick

all electrics are working

im the second owner from a 70 yr old man who needed to stop driving

CopyofP1010001.jpg

rich

Looks a very nice Corrado mate, especially with the low miles and leather too too :grin:

The colour is either gonna be Aqua blue or Midnight blue? i think, have a look in the boot, there should be a sticker inside the rear panel that has the paint, engine and gearbox, trim, etc codes on it, same sticker will also be in the front page of the service book, there is a chart on here with colour codes and what they are

i think its the midnight, my sis bf used to have one the same colour, it needs the bonnet repainting but i think im gonna save up and get a full respray lol

im not sure what to do first, i have enough for either wheels and suspension or the paint job

cheers buddy, unfortunatly i cant drive it for a couple of weeks as i have no money to insure it lol, i get the money for my mk2 soon so then i can tstart driving :D

:lol: its a killer not being able to drive a car you just bought!! when i got mine i had the same dilema on what to do to it first! i opted for new wheels (Borbet a`s naturally) & got some paint done, few engine mods, then saved up for the KW suspension :grin: took me 6 months to get there but its all done now

apart form the paint, i did it all myself too, which all part of the fun of owning an old dub in my opinion :norty:

looking good mate, you were far from being ripped off by looking at them pictures. :D dont think i could buy a car and not be able to drive it. would be killer for me!

im tyring to do everything possible to get some money to drive it lol, im going to wash it soon to see what the body work is really like but hopefully its nothing a good tcut cant sort out

rich

cant imagine it will have many marks on it, looks to be a very sound car in the better quality pictures, very good price too 8)

well its all washed now as seen in the better pics, got alot of the scratches out with tcut but still need to do a couple more parts again, there are a few rust bubbles but nothing major but the bonet needs respraying unfortunatly, managed to get some money so im insured and loving every minute of it

:D

Hey chap!

Over here too now as well good!

As I said Herisites a good guy to get in to machine polish the car, you'll be amazed at the difference! He may even be able to save the bonnet a bit too!

how do i get in contact with him, is he on here?, what kind of price would it be, im really confused on what to do, do i get wheels and coilovers or get full repray and coilovers, ahhhhh

rich i have a UDM machine polisher bung me some cash and i will spend a day detailing it sometime next week maybe

Get coilovers and wheels... the paint is too good for a full respray

how do i get in contact with him, is he on here?, what kind of price would it be, im really confused on what to do, do i get wheels and coilovers or get full repray and coilovers, ahhhhh

He'll be along shortly I guess! Or PM him... Do a search for username Herisites... Oh and have a look at his detailing threads too! :luvlove:

You rang?? :wave:

Check out my thread mate, i have polished quite a few cars now and the owners were all very happy with the results. LINK

Why does the bonnet need a respray? What i do will make the paint look a lot fresher but at the same time it doesnt remove rust, chips or deep scratches so you have those things to consider. Mine comes up a treat when its clean but the front end is still chipped to fook so i will still want a front end respray at some point on mine :(

so how long does this last for, will it need to be done regularly or could i just keep it near condition to this on my own with a normal was and then wax/polish

how much do you charge to do this and where you located

Herisites - Just looked over the topic you linked to, some top work there mate! :clap: I used to valet so know how much of a mission it can be! Rather satisfying once you finished eh?

so how long does this last for, will it need to be done regularly or could i just keep it near condition to this on my own with a normal was and then wax/polish

how much do you charge to do this and where you located

Once its done you can just keep on top of it with careful washes. The wax i put on lasts a couple of months easily enough so you wouldnt have to do anything other than wash it for a few months atleast and after that a quick refresh polish and fresh coat of wax would set you up again for another few months easily enough. The machine polishing part shouldnt need doing again if you are careful with your washes etc, its not advised to do it more than a few times as its cutting away paint so if you kept doing it you will eventually take the lacquer off!

I am located in Northamptonshire. If you are interested i can provide a price in a PM, its a standard forum price though but only given on request as dont really want to go shouting it out :lol:

well its been a while since i have updated this but i have new wheels now, they are schmidt modernlines, 9s all round, just bought the coilovers so should get the soon too

2008_1016new10087-1.jpg

2008_1016new10088-1.jpg

2008_1016new10089-1.jpg

2008_1016new10090-1.jpg

2008_1016new10091-1.jpg

2008_1016new10092-1.jpg

all comments welcome except for the bad ones :D lol

p.s. i do appologise for the dirty car aswell

Looking good mate, nice choice of rims ;)

I remember mine looked like that before I dropped it, really shows how high the Raddo was as standard. It'll look the nuts once it's dropped :)

Really good choice of rim. They suit the Rado so well.

I thought it was still jack'd up in the photo's. Lol

Will look the nuts when it's sitting on the floor

Cheers guys, i love them and cant wait till the coilovers arive, also i have just bought some pressed plates and a bonnet bra so hopefully they will be here soon

:D

So a couple of goodies arrived today

Number one: Hottuning Coilovers, i know there cheap and ride is poop but im skint and need some coilovers, i may upgrade when i have more money

2006_0110new10001-1.jpg

Number Two: Central Locking pump, also arrived today so for the first time since i have had the car it actually works, whoop whoop

2006_0110new10002-1.jpg