Sign in to follow this  
Rustynuts

5th gear - put it on now

Had to enter to win that! Tiff knows how to throw em around eh?

Great to hear the C get a mention.

I'll let you all know what it really goes like when I win it... :)

Strangely about the only two VW's that I havent owned are the Mk2 16v and a Mk1.

You've owned a Phaeton?! :)

;)

I did say about but there is time yet. 8 (Mk2, 3, 4 & 5) Golfs, 1 Polo, 1 Passat and Im on my 5th Corrado so not far off :lol:

Woop woop they mentioned a Corrado!!!!!!

& the "improved" brakes!! :lol: :lol: Man they must be pretty rubbish on the MKII then! :D Less weight i suppose....

Dont usually enter the comp on there but did last night!! :grin:

Strangely about the only two VW's that I havent owned are the Mk2 16v and a Mk1.

You've owned a Phaeton?! :)

;)

I did say about but there is time yet. 8 (Mk2, 3, 4 & 5) Golfs, 1 Polo, 1 Passat and Im on my 5th Corrado so not far off :lol:

No Fox on the cards then :)

From swdubs

And its been tweaked by TSR specially to give away in the comp with

TSR 1.9 16v engine built using forged Wossner pistons and TSR con-rods.

TSR pack A gasflowed cylinder head.

TSR camshafts

Piper vernier pulley.

TSR/Milltek 4 branch manifold.

Jetex full exhaust system.

Uprated fuel metering head.

Koni shock and Eibach spring package.

G60 front brake setup.

Good old oak green aswell

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj11 ... 010002.jpg

hes a cock with some massive balls, mk2 golf + corner@speed = death

Eh why? As long as it is road worthy a Mk2 is a well balanced drive, it's only running out of talent that would cause death, its not a Peugeot 205 you know! :?

Wow, some quite unexplained Tiff hate going on in here!

Either of you care to elaborate, Alexander / VW domo?

Something about him just rubs me up the wrong way - could be his voice, he just sounds so smug all the time! And he never really seems to have any respect for the cars he drives, if that makes sense. I can't watch the guy!

much respect to his driving but as far as tv presenters go :gag:

mk2's feel very heavy to drive, bit like the rado but with a higher center of gravity, they must have been some s**t hot coileys on there!

much respect to his driving but as far as tv presenters go :gag:

mk2's feel very heavy to drive, bit like the rado but with a higher center of gravity, they must have been some s**t hot coileys on there![/quote:2kik6wkb]

Nah just springs and shocks. The golf may feel more unstable but it has a balance most modern cars would yearn for. You have to push them beyond what instinct tells you is comfortable and they'll reward you in spades. Lets face it, it can't be that bad Rados use the same system up front but with better weight distribution due to the lardy rear end.

I've had 3 MKII GTI's and all of them were inspiring to drive and always left me with an inane grin on my face afterwards. The Rado is the first other Dub to do the same thing to me.

Finally leave poor Tiff alone :( How would y :( u feel being saddled with a girls name all your life, I bet he was bullied to hell and back. Anyway the man can drive as proven by winning a spot in an F1 car and coming third at 24hrs Le Mans.

Nick

mk2's feel very heavy to drive, bit like the rado but with a higher center of gravity, they must have been some s**t hot coileys on there!

Depends on the steering rack, the manual rack gives most feel in fast corners but bit of an arse in slow twisty stuff. 8v rack is good, 16v rack is better as it is heavier and therefore has more feel. My favourite is the 16v rack is it gives the best of both worlds and to be honest feels the same as a Corrado rack. As for high centre of gravity, not really, fit Corrado front seats and that really improves the driving position and feeling of centre of gravity

think i will have to get another at some point as i do love them and have obviously missed something here.

corrado seats would make a world of difference, rather than the "high chair" of a seat you get in the golfs.it felt abit silly getting into the golf after driving the rado when i had both.

how do the mk 1's handle compared?