iceviolet

VR6 Rebuild

Well the time has come to let go of the Corrado. It will be up for sale in the next few weeks to make way for another car.

I am getting another german coupe, but with four doors, a little newer and a little more horsepower. A Mercedes CLS 55 AMG!!!

I have a set of Ultraviolet recaros which I bought from VAG Hag a few months back, they have not been fitted yet so they will be up for sale shortly too.

I dont really know what price to put the car up for? The engine had a complete rebuild as per this thread, done only a few thousand since and most other mechanicals have been replaced at some point. Its just the body is starting to show, nothing major just small bubbles on the arches, stone chips etc.

Is £3k in the right ball park for the car?

Sad to hear the Corrado will be gone, but at least you will have more space and more power while staying with german engineering.

Will this be the end of VW's for you?

Yes I will miss the corrado, had it a while now. I don't think it will be the end of Vw's no, I just have the love for mercedes at the moment

Well its been a busy couple of weeks looking for a new car to effectively replace the Corrado. After been set on a CLS55 AMG, I found one suitable and very almost purchased until I rang my insurance company! I Could not get insured for less than £1500 due lack of experience in high performance vehicles they said. and so did every other company I called. I refuse to pay that kind of money to insure a vehicle.

A little disheartened I wondered what the insurance would be on a CLS500, Still a 5.5 V8 with 390HP. To my delight this was coming in at the same price I was paying for a 2002 E-Class estate 2.2CDI!!

So the hunt began and I found a minter with the full AMG factory fitted styling kit and wheels. The right interior also, in my price range. Was perfect for me so bought it. And loving it! Cant really compare it to the Corrado. They are just worlds apart.

I still have the Corrado although the missus says I need to get rid immediately! BUT I'm working on her! ha ha.

Heres a pic of the new motor anyway!

Well the Corrado has now gone to a good home, Sold today to Andy (Hairyarse). Hopefully get it back to its former glory!

Gone but not forgotten!

Thanks for everything Sam, had a really enjoyable drive back home. I'm looking forward to sorting the few bits that need doing but it drives beautifully ;)