Sign in to follow this  
sixpotter

Tyre Pressure

Its not as high as 40 on the fronts.

That's not really much help is it?? :confused4: :lol: :lol:

Why not 40 psi, valvers are 38psi with a lighter lump?

what about for a 2.0 16v running 205/40 17's? I figured that OEM value wouldn't be right for them but been doing that anyway due to a lack of any other ideas!

Nick

what about for a 2.0 16v running 205/40 17's? I figured that OEM value wouldn't be right for them but been doing that anyway due to a lack of any other ideas!

Nick

should be the same, its just a smaller volume of air, but you want it at the same pressure

tbh much of it is academic, once you change from the factory fitted tyres most of the settings go out the window. I keep about 36 on the fronts and 32 at the rear on the 16s and about 1 psi less on the 17s just to get slightly more compliant ride. Main thing is to watch your tyre wear and adjust accordingly. You might need to go higher or lower.

tbh much of it is academic, once you change from the factory fitted tyres most of the settings go out the window. I keep about 36 on the fronts and 32 at the rear on the 16s and about 1 psi less on the 17s just to get slightly more compliant ride. Main thing is to watch your tyre wear and adjust accordingly. You might need to go higher or lower.

absolutely, and probably adjust a bit depending on winter/summer, I tend to up them a bit if I know I'm going to do more M-way driving too.

Tyre wear, what's that? My LingLongs are made of the hardest substance in the known universe!

Quite a good tyre, i've got them too and yep they just dont wear at all! In fact i've got two spare which i might just flog on. Not at all bad for a budget tyre.

Tyre wear, what's that? My LingLongs are made of the hardest substance in the known universe!

Quite a good tyre, i've got them too and yep they just dont wear at all! In fact i've got two spare which i might just flog on. Not at all bad for a budget tyre.

Until it rains! mine seem to have zero grip in anything other than completely dry conditions. If I want grip in the wet I need to constantly spin them up at junctions to get them hot and I can't do that for the rears so that causes a few probems to!

Nick

this maybe incorrect info but I find that when I put 36psi in the front and 32psi on the rear, the car feels quite uncomfortable and doesn't handle as well...may need new shocks and/or better tyres but have found that lowering the tyre pressure to 30 all round seems to work well for a more comfortable drive...my car has not been lowered.

What colinstubbs says is worth bearing in mind.

I have had tyres on C for over 6 years now and they have worn little due to annual mileage of about 1500.

I read an article suggesting tyres of 6 years old should be replaced anyway!

Corrado is in garage so sunlight uv does not age them, but rear Michelins on our Pug 205, which sits outside, lasted so long that they were cracked after many years but with little tread wear and I had to have them replaced. It was our garage which recommended that they should be replaced, so, clearly, there is a belief that old, well-treaded tyres could fail your car in an MOT, perhaps. I agreed to change them anyway, perhaps there is a real danger of failure at high speed.

I once put a post on here asking about softest, fastest-wearing brands, as having the two cars coupled with no daily commuting, our tyres are lasting for ages and will probably die thro' cracking before wearing out. (A bit like us, I expect!).