KUR2Y

Uprated Headlight looms for 2013

Junkie, massive difference eh? Do you notice a slight dip in dash illumination when going to high beam?

Am going to bang a set of Osram Night Breakers (a claimed +90% output, same voltage) in mine, and put in the better reflectors.. should be able to blind the fekkers in BMW-X5's that seem to always have at least one headlight set to "Rado mirror" height...

It also upgrades the side lights too which is nice!

If anyone is thinking that their lights are a bit "Lacking" this really is the BEST mod for your car!

Just don't leave the lights on overnight! :nuts:

vwdeviant- is that the voice of experience?????? lol.

junkie- I was the same when I first had a loom.

Hi Zak. Can't source the OEM conectors but judging by others, dosen't seem they are needed. Ill take a 3 relay when you are ready PM me payment details.

Kurzy,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I am now in a position to make payment on the 3 relay loom (non OEM connector). Please let me know when you have looms available, no rush.

Cheers

Yes to the last 3 people who asked about going on the list but it maybe 3 weeks before I can do get the looms done now

maxximus- no problem. [strike:2m2vwfu3]I will have a spare pair of OEM connectors if you don't want them. They will be up for grabs to the first person to PM me for them, the only thing is the loom will be £20 more and that is cost to me.[/strike:2m2vwfu3]

This is not right as I got maxximus and critical mass mixed up. Sorry at the minute I don't have spares but ask me in a week I may have a spare pair.

On the offside/drivers, you wire the 4 wires to the headlight, then there is 1 spare wire that you wire into the OEM connector, what is that wire for?

Hi junkie.

That wire is for the side light. The only other way to do it is to run it from the other side but I didn't like the way it worked out.

Hop ethat helps.

Its just it came detached from the OEM connector, tried to see the difference when it was and was not connected and couldnt see any, both sidelights worked and dipped and main.

Nothing wrong with the loom with the wire coming out it was just me not securing it correctly by the way peeps lol.

Yes to the last 3 people who asked about going on the list but it maybe 3 weeks before I can do get the looms done now

Ta very much, let me know as soon as you want the money paypal'd and to where :)

So what would i need for a VR6 , i dont get all this relay talk ... mr incompetant here. Would i be able to fit them easily ?

It would be great if i could just plug and go type fitment.

Would i need new bulbs ? and i read some talk of them melting the headlight surround , or did i miss read it ?

Cheers

^^^^^^^

All you need to know is, you DO need this loom, well worth the money, you need 1 phillips screwdriver, 1 10mm spanner and thats it, people say certain upgraded bulbs can run really hot and start melting stuff but you really should not worry about that, seems phillips extreme bulbs are the 1's to use but you can still keep your standard bulbs and see a vast improvement over the original candles you have now.

Zak supplies very clear instructions and even if you do get the OEM connectors it is still not a plug and go option, that right there makes it sound like its hard to fit but its not.

Fitted mine last week and it works a treat, especially with new bulbs!

BTW with the engine off and my lights on, should I see both side lights lit up or just one? Both rears are lit up.

You should see both side lights on. What do you see with the engine on?????

Nothing, its too damn bright! Hehehee!

Looks like I have a side light bulb gone then.

Hi KUR2Y. Really interested in getting an uprated loom please but can you please explain the difference between the 2 relay and 3 relay options you do. Sorry if you're repeating yourself from elsewhere in the thread. Also how do you like payment? Paypal or direct transfer is fine if you do it.

At the moment I'm running the standard loom so is it easy enough to swap it over to your one? I'm after bright and reliable and mainly on normal beam as I don't use full beam all that much. Will also be upgrading the bulbs to Phillips Extreme + 80% on the recommendation of many others.

Cheers matey.

Hi KUR2Y. Really interested in getting an uprated loom please but can you please explain the difference between the 2 relay and 3 relay options you do. Sorry if you're repeating yourself from elsewhere in the thread. Also how do you like payment? Paypal or direct transfer is fine if you do it.

At the moment I'm running the standard loom so is it easy enough to swap it over to your one? I'm after bright and reliable and mainly on normal beam as I don't use full beam all that much. Will also be upgrading the bulbs to Phillips Extreme + 80% on the recommendation of many others.

Hi greasegriff,

I started to make 3 relay looms as some people with older looms complained of relay failure(which you would expect after several years in a damp place), which involved both of the dip lights going off. to over come this I made a loom which has a relay for each head light but shares a relay for the main beam as it's not as essential, 4 relay looms look really pants but whatever, I'll make anything. Hope that answers your Q's???

I like Cheques really but will paypal at a push, I hate using it.

Like I've said before though not much will happen now for a few weeks.

Let me know if you want to go on the list. Cheers.