samthegram

samthegrams 2ltr 16v, now 180bhp!!

a nice little touch... anymore pics of the rest of the car?

Just done trial fitting of my newly aquired image splits, yum yum! offsets look bang on to me but i need to fit bigger tyres, they are far too low pro and stretched for my liking (165/40/16). They are 7j all round with staggered offsets and dishes, i am planning to make the rears 8.5j with 195/45/16 and fit 185/50/16 to the front. This seems a good combi to me, views anyone?

LGIM0221.jpg

LGIM0222.jpg

LGIM0223.jpg

Look good mate but as you say - a bit too low profile / stretched. The side on view makes em look like they've just been painted onto the rim!! :)

They look sweet!

May be worth just trying some 195's or 205's on them first before you increase dish size. Look pretty wide as they are! 8)

nice, are they off the mars red mk1? I would fit 195/40/16 on the 7's and 205/40/16 on the 8.5's

Very nice wheels, I would defo go with the sizes Zak has mentioned above. I will be running 7.5 and 8.5x16" on my rado and that's the sizes I will be fitting.

nice, are they off the mars red mk1? I would fit 195/40/16 on the 7's and 205/40/16 on the 8.5's

Yeah they are the ones, just got them off a guy called Raj from Wheel Whores. First step is to take the old tyres off, sell them and then order up some wider dishes.

they look really good, have you got a pic from behind? I was gonna swap with my comps with money my way to :brickwall: I was worried that they'd look a bit narrow but the ET really pushes them out but they sit really nice.. Are you looking for wider barrels for the same reason?

Ryan

they look really good, have you got a pic from behind? I was gonna swap with my comps with money my way to :brickwall: I was worried that they'd look a bit narrow but the ET really pushes them out but they sit really nice.. Are you looking for wider barrels for the same reason?

Ryan

yeah, they just don't quite look as meaty as my 9j keskins from the back, although from an angle they look bob on.

also found some pics of my recent engine rennovation /rebuild. The manifold took me 6 bloody hours to wrap :mad2: . it was a right sh#*@y job 'cos i had the wrap in a bucket of water and it was graphite impregnated. I looked like i had been up a chimney :lol: was worth it in the end though.

enginebuild2.jpg

enginerebuild.jpg

manifold.jpg

Rebuild spec;

JE forged Pistons

Lightened flywheel

new shells and bearings

fully rebuilt and ported head

new water pump

new dizzy and all ignition parts

new alternator

all new belts

stainless 4 branch wrapped manifold

exhaust customised to fit (two boxes)

lots of painted and powdercoated bits

Where did you get the 4 branch from? What make is it?

4 branch manifolds which fit a rhd, 16v with power steering seem to be pretty rare.

I went for 0.5 oversized slightly up on compression with a rebore as the bores were lipped and scored a bit .

hi mate, nice looking bay and motor :D

what compression were the JE pistons you went for?

I'm planning on rebuilding with a set of wossner 12.3, and interested to know how you got/ if you did anything with your engine management....

I think they were 11.2:1 . I am running a standard ECU with no problems. I think 12.3:1 would be too high without altering the injection system but am not 100% sure. Good luck with the build.

ok great, yeh i intend to use megasquirt for the timing mainly, just don't know anyone on here apart from yourself who is running/ building higher compression :nuts:

I dont know if your still thinking of adding bigger dishes but i seem to recall those Image's having very low offsets (otherwise i would've had em when they came off the mk1 lol) so by time you add bigger dishes you'll be into the - offsets. Speak to Kempy about the grief wide wheels with minus offsets have given him lol.

Cheers, i have actually got and fitted some wider barrels (inner dishes?) and that has made them 8.5j with a et of 20. I did another trial fitting and they sit bang on, very similar to my current set up of 9j et15. They should be going on properly next week, will post up some pics then :grin: