Sign in to follow this  
joebrent

Scorpion exhaust questions

i wanna buy a scorpion exhaust for my 1.8 16v, what benefits do i get from buying the full system rather that just the back box? whats the differences in sound and perfomance?? i wanna get the boxer tailpipe by the way!!!

cheers in advance!!

I've heard they don't fit very well, alot of people are getting custom exhaust's made, I plan to when myn die's.... :D

i dont wanna spend much money on one, so what is the difference between fitting hust the back box as opposed to the full system??

i only wanna spend ike £150 which is the price of a scorpion backbox, is the backbox the bit that will make the better sounding noise? and the full system just liberates a couple of extra ponnies??

for about £150 ull find a 2nd hand full stainless steel one floating about between corrado guys or ebay

alos my mate got a scorpion and the rear box wasnt welded properly so not perfect fit :(

i only wanna spend ike £150 which is the price of a scorpion backbox, is the backbox the bit that will make the better sounding noise? and the full system just liberates a couple of extra ponnies??

The backbox did make a difference sound wise on myn, although you won't notice anymore power... sounds cool with the airbox drilled too.. :wink:

I thought the scorpian was abit more than that:?

I had a scorpion system which never fitted and it really did my head in!!!!!!!

It's now gone and I have a custom system, it's so much better...

...Don't waste your money on noise, it will only drive you nuts in the end.

Who did your custom system mate? How loud/quiet is it?

I've got an old custom system thats very loud, not sure whether to get a miltek/scorpion backbox and have it modded to fit, or or to have a 'custom' backbox (but i'm worried it will still be loud!)

cheers

I have to say that the Scorpion I had was absolute sh*t! It never fitted properly (even to the extent that it melted my rear bumper!) and when challanged about this Scorpion's reply was that my G60 had "an unusual body-kit on it" - which was complete bull as it was standard as the day is short.... Very dissatisfied with their customer services. I'd go for a SuperSprint (a bit pricey, but worth it in the end).

At the end of the day, you get what you pay for on exhausts I've always found!

I've got an old custom system thats very loud, not sure whether to get a miltek/scorpion backbox and have it modded to fit, or or to have a 'custom' backbox (but i'm worried it will still be loud!)

Have a word with JP exhausts in Macclesfield... They did a full custom system for my G60 for about £350 all in... They do a lovely job, and give you a choice of loudness with it... I'm sure they'd do you a backbox for a reasonable amount... It'll also have a lifetime guarantee as long as you own the car... 8)

Have a word with JP exhausts in Macclesfield... They did a full custom system for my G60 for about £350 all in... They do a lovely job, and give you a choice of loudness with it... I'm sure they'd do you a backbox for a reasonable amount... It'll also have a lifetime guarantee as long as you own the car... 8)

Cheers for that, I think I've driven past that place.

How quiet/loud is your system then? Miht give them a call.

I called the place that did my custom front & middle box a couple of weeks ago.... Finally got them to admit that they can't give me a quiet-ish exhaust !! If I did take it back there it would be to have miltek/supersprint back box fitted!

cheers

My exhaust system (downpipe back at the time) wasn't that much louder than a standard exhaust until you got it to around 3K rpm when she starts to howl nicely up to about 3.5K (that's what I wanted!). Motorway cruising was definately not noisy at all.... 8)

Inside the car it's not that much louder than a standard exhaust at pretty much the whole rev range...

I think that my Dad summed it up when he dropped me off to pick it up after having the system made... He said, "Nice, that lets you know it means it without being in your face" :lol: 8)

Give 'em a call and chat to them, they're a good bunch... 8)

Thats cool, might save me from buying then cutting up and expensive backbox..... will give them a ring....

cheers