Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyVR6

Almost €100 for a small engine hose at VW! HELP.

Ok, below are the photographs of a small hose that I've noticed is knackered (well, my mate did and tried to glue it hence the orange/yellow gunk), so I go to Volkswagen today and ask them for another one...

P1010001.jpg

P1010002.jpg

P1010003.jpg

€95 Which is about £85 in real money.

The small hose is about 10cm in length! He showed me the ETKA thing showing all the various parts in the engine bay and by all accounts they no longer sell the small part I need by itself anymore, instead I have to buy a whole bunch of parts (think it included the big black plastic pipe that connects the the air filter) for that price :(

The part no is: 310 129 615

I went to my local scrap yard, which has 4 Corrado's, but alas...not the part I need.

Anyone got any other suggestions? Even if I claim the tax back the pipe is still €70 odd! :censored:

Need this part no. too guys.

Do either of these ring any bells - 7364573 or 021129101A?

Does the PCV come with the little pipe that connects with to the inlet pipe?

Need this part no. too guys.

Do either of these ring any bells - 7364573 or 021129101A?

Does the PCV come with the little pipe that connects with to the inlet pipe?

The hose part with the clip on it is not included with the PCV part, imagine ford could supply though, anyone?

Bad news fellas.

Ford no longer sell this part by itself - so its either pay Volkswagen big bucks, or find one at the scrappy, or god forbid....eBay. :mad2:

Dont worry about ebay - overall, I find it is great and I am of an older generation. :grin:

If you check that the customer satisfaction rate of the dealer is 98-100% - which applies to a lot of them - you will be glad you started on ebay.

Today I am waiting for a new boxed Canon printer from an ebay dealer in Glasgow and I bought my "obsolete" brand new boxed Canon EOS30D for a steal a few months ago.

Got a new Alpine radio cassette (yeh - I know! :roll: ) for £27 incl postage, too.

Many of the ebay dealers are better at treating the customer as king than your high street stores and garages (deff!) IMO.

Recently, one of them upgraded my item to 1st class post at no extra charge after I requested a speedy delivery and offered to pay for it.

No way! gutted.

I was considering getting one off ebay. But then i still need the pipe that has the 'T' juncion part in it. Leads from the manifold, joins the PCV valve and continues behind the aibox. Do Ford do this part or is it VW only?

I think you can just replace it with some hose. A lot in teh US have done just that with no adverse effect.

But if you do want to keep it, just clean up the old glue reside and attach with some industrial cyanoacrylate (superglue),which will cost about a fiver from Selco or other trades store.

Does the one on ebay come with the PCV valve AND small 'S' pipe too?

:confused4: I have no idea mate, I just need the little 'disc' bit, I'm fairly confident that I've ordered the right part off eBay, I'll take a photo of it when it arrives.

I bought the breather pipe that is between the inlet pipe and and the cylinder head from here http://www.corradoparts.com/

Yes its in america and that one pipe wasnt cheap considering its just A pipe. But it beats buying the inlet pipe as well for over double the price. The site could be useful for other item, such as early headlight switches. Again not cheap but you CAN get hold of one :D

WIll post this site into the suppliers section