Sign in to follow this  
kvwloon

Inpro headlights? Any piccies and advice....

Last MOT, for some reason my offside headlight has no proper 'kickoff' pattern. MOT'er let it go this time, but needs rectifying wih a new headlight.

Been thinking about Inpro's or Venom replacements for a while anyway, and this could be my opportunity, but.....could use some advice, I'm not sure how they will look fitted, and don't want it to look too blingy....so.

1- Does anyone have photos of them fitted?

2- Were they easy to fit and configure to right hand drive?

3 - Is the quality and light output any good?

4 - Any bad experiences (or good for that matter) with relaibility etc

I like the idea of angel eyes / HID, but don't want to balls up the original beaty that is the 'rado. :)

Hi

i bought my inpros for the light output and also with a 4500k hid kit installed there fantastic ,

quality is as good as oem and it uses the same adjuster ,

and there a piece of cake to change from lhd to rhd.

i personally have no down side ,

there either a love em or hate them light

also some may say you have lost the originality but you loose that when you bolt a set of non oem rims on or lower the car etc

i will leave a pic mine also have lens protectors on just in case you thought they looked different.

Ive got a set on mine, aswell as the indicators and foglights.

pictures not very good but the camera ran out of battery just after i realised i had it on the wrong setting.....

P1000124.jpg

They were a piece of cake to fit, couple of screws and the connector. Mine came allready set up as RHD. You need to swap the adjusters out of your old headlights onto the new ones and then they will need to be adjusted. I still need to adjust mine properly because they are pointing down too much, i just havent had a chance to do it yet. Quality of light is alot better than the standard ones imo. No headlight related issues so far....

The fit and quality are as good as oem, although you have to be prepared to accept that they're based on the earlier lamp and do sit slightly further back (if you have a later car) . Light output and beam pattern are better than oem, they can be upgraded to HID with more success than standard lamps although the legality is questionable.

I did however have a bit of a snag with mine in that I couldn't get the aim low enough and ended up extending the adjuster screw by around 10mm, no idea why that was as nobody else seems to have had similar problems :shrug:

Oh, and I pulled mine to pieces and got some black paint in there, they were just too bling imo!

what do you mean they sit further back than the normal headlight??

have you any pics side on??

stupids question... why did you not just by the black ones to begin with or were they not available at the time...

im asking all this as i am about to go this route myself with the head and fog lights.. i prefer the black they look awesome imo gives a real mean look to the front of the car...

Das the lights dont sit flush with the grille, they sit about 2cm further in on later models. Though looking at the first pic, its a little confusing as going by the badge on the grille its a VR and it can only be a K reg earliest, i had these on my VR and its a K reg but the lights still werent flush with the grille :shrug:

This is a good thread idea :compress: i have been thinking inpros for some time now and am mechanically retarded so easy fitting is a plus for me also :bonk:

dude where the hell are you in torquay?? im in torquay but i havenever seen your rado!!

cheers

Nate

millerman can we have some more pics of the front of your car please...

any shots will do close up the lens internal of the light i have never seen these up close so it would be a good idea...

cheers bud obviously i love the colour of your rado better than anyother!!!! :norty:

I'm in 2 minds about the inpro lights, I do love the aggressive look and HIDs are also a sweet bonus for night driving but the original lights in all their yellow glory are also amazing. I just can't decide at all :|

I had the chrome inpros, and got rid in the end. Even if i'd have got the black ones, i think i'd have still got rid. The novelty of them wore off. In the end i just got some decent bulbs for the standard lights.

dude where the hell are you in torquay?? im in torquay but i havenever seen your rado!!

cheers

Nate

Im guessin you ment me lol I live in edginswell where abouts are you what colour is yours because i have seen a red one a grey one and a blue one.

Nathan.

cheers

Nate

Im guessin you ment me lol I live in edginswell where abouts are you what colour is yours because i have seen a red one a grey one and a blue one.

Nathan.[/quote:20m2nogu]

!!! what are the chances of two people in torquay both called Nathan and both own corrado's?? and both live within 2 mins of each other!!!

mine is blackberry

i live in the ilsham marine hele part lol lol

cheers

Nate

Nathan.[/quote:2altow4o]

!!! what are the chances of two people in torquay both called Nathan and both own corrado's?? and both live within 2 mins of each other!!!

mine is blackberry

i live in the ilsham marine hele part lol lol[/quote:2altow4o]

Man that is quite strange! My mate lives just down the road from you his mum owns a corrado and a mk2 he has a mk1,mk1 Cabriolet and polo breadvan you must have seen him working on one of them lol

yea i seen him done a good job on his mk1 with banding all the arches....are you coming to any sw dubs meets???

last thursday of every month ten tors

have you any pics side on??.

look at my pics on the first page they sit level when you use the headlight protectors which i was happy about as it was some protection too.

have you any pics side on??

stupids question... why did you not just by the black ones to begin with or were they not available at the time...

im asking all this as i am about to go this route myself with the head and fog lights.. i prefer the black they look awesome imo gives a real mean look to the front of the car...

This photo shows how they don't quite line up with the grill, can't get any more right now cos I'm a few thousand miles away from my C in Saudi.

I bought the chrome ones from somebody on here, and I don't think the black ones were available then anyway. I just need the fogs now and then find a way to tone those down a bit too

yea i seen him done a good job on his mk1 with banding all the arches....are you coming to any sw dubs meets???

last thursday of every month ten tors

Yer i did go to one with my mate but am ashamed to say i was to embaressed to talk to anyone :camp: lol i wanna wait till my car is how i want it before i go thou..

I don't care for the inpros much.. So I bought some off of ebay that are very similar to the inpro's but I like the design better and they are only $150 instead of $400. They also have plastic lenses that won't break when a rock hits them like the glass inpro's will.. I put my money into the hid.. I fitted BMW E36 Hi/low beam hid projectors into the housings.. And I upgraded the lenses on those to ZKW aftermarket lenses.. They are designed to upgrade these projectors making them even brighter, sharper and more colorful. So it is true hid headlight now.. Stay away from hid kits.. They suck because the projectors in a halogen headlight like the inpros are designed to reflect the the halogen bulb. But halogens and hids disperse light totally different so it is like putting a florescent tube in a fixture made for a standard bulb... The light won't reflect the same.. Make sense? I have yet to ever use the hi-beams. It is like daylight for 200 feet in front of the car and about 100 feet wide... But if i wish I can turn the hi-beams on and the cutoff shields flip down and then you get some hight out of them too... Inpros with and hid kit are bright but not like these... I have compared them side by side.. The cut off line flicker of color is way better too. Do whatever you want.. That's what I did.. Anyway... Here are some pics for you..

PRO_CORRADO9095_BK.jpg

CIMG0541.jpg

P1010433.jpg

P1010470.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

output.jpg

corradofront.jpg

Oh. And the cops have never even mentioned them... That says it all! :salute:

that is cool.........

ok so the pic of the naked light/lens..

what is that is that the bmw 36 projector? or is it the uprated lens??

how much are the lens's???

and how much would you expect to pay for the bmw lights??

i guess they are only fitted to the m3 e36's???

this is interesting stuff

thank you

Oh, and I pulled mine to pieces and got some black paint in there, they were just too bling imo!

Dude, I have the same headlights (as I have to have LHD headlights) and I'm really interested in knowing how you pulled them apart and sprayed the inner bits black, I reckon that'll look pimp. What paint did you use etc?