Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Great price on limited mileage / classic insurance policy..

Just thought I'd post up here and give a thumbs up for a company I spoke to today called Lynbrook Insurance. After a disappointing quote from trusty favourites Brentacre, my boss put me onto the company he insures his 3 (!) Scirocco's with..

Spoke to them on the phone and gave them my details. As it's a classic policy there is no no-claims bonus to use or accumulate (means that can be put onto my daily) but they came back with an annual premium of £199.28.. that was with all modifications declared, breakdown cover, 60 days European cover, non-competitive Rally use, and a weedy £100 excess. Agreed valuation can be done too. And apparently they were very decent when a claim needed to be made, even paying out to repair one of my bosses cars when most other insurers would have written it off.

Caveats are 4,000 miles maximum, and that when it's at the 'home location' it must be garaged between 10pm - 6am. Seems fair enough! :)

Best quote so far - more ringing round to be done though. If anyone's shopping for a policy, Lynbrook can be reached on 0845 130 4662.

in dy 10pm....thats a big boo from me!

Only has to be in by 10pm when the car is going to be parked at the location - if you're taking it away anywhere or taking it to a mates house or something, obviously that doesn't apply.

That's great Jim, should be able to get the Rado on the road whilst using my Passat as a daily. :clap:

Good news mate :) Glad you're not selling it in the end! Needed a tidyer flash red 16v around so that I had a benchmark to aspire to and maintain!

Good news mate :) Glad you're not selling it in the end! Needed a tidyer flash red 16v around so that I had a benchmark to aspire to and maintain!

I wouldn't go that far Jim, yours looked pretty tidy last time I saw it.

but it does have to be parked a t the keepers address overnight everynight?

Nope. It only needs to be garaged between 10pm - 6am when it's actually left at that named 'home' location. If you need to take it away elsewhere then you're still covered. It just means you can't leave it parked outside at the home location - it has to be garaged.

Sounds exactly like my policy with Hagerty for my VR Jim, all mods declared, agreed value, premium £187 :D

http://www.hagertyinsurance.co.uk/

I tried getting a quote from hagerty last year and was looking similar to that but as soon as I mentioned cams and a remap they said they couldn't provide cover :(

Interesting thread.......I've given these guys a call and declared all my mods, lets see what they come back with :D

Already had a quote from Brentacre (crap price - plus would not do an agreed valuation), and HIC (very good price TBH and includes European cover and agreed valuation).

To be fair to Brentacre they were very good a few years back when I used them and the guy doing the quote was really friendly and helpful but the bottom line is that the quote just wasn't good enough. I was used to years of high prices for insurance because of my age, etc but now I'm 28, the car is garaged, on limited mileage, I have a huge no claims bonus, I just don't understand why I'm still getting appalling quotes!

There was a massive difference in price and spec of policy btwn brentacre and hic...not sure why either :scratch:

Damn, engine conversion is out of the question then. :(

I don't get it, it appears to be cheaper for me to insure myself on a highly modded group 19car for use every day worth about 6.5k (agreed) then for me to use a group 2 car worth £800 every day and the Corrado on limited mileage, how does that figure :cuckoo:

Indeed. Insurance is the biggest load of horse schitt as you just can't rationalise some of the figures that come back some times. I've said a few times that, for fun, I've quoted myself on big powerful (4+ litre) BMW's and Mercs costing in excess of 30/40k and have frequently been able to get better quotes on those than on a £1,000 Corrado. Where the feck is the logic in that.