Sign in to follow this  
20vtvw

dark burgundy pearl VR ,8and 9x16 OZ vegas

hi all,ive been on here for a wile and put a couple of pics of my car up but thought i would show you what ive been up to ..ive owned the car over 6 years now started life as a 1.8 16v then a couple of years ago i fitted a agu audi a3 20v turbo engine in it using the qpeng loom and down pipe.,

now ive decided to change a few bits as its looked the same for a wile now.,first things are a set of 9x16" OZvegas with 3" dishes ,the fronts are too wide so will be ordering a pair of 2" dishes from image wheels to make the fronts 8s.

Inside i have fitted a mushroom(biege)leather interior and am going to trim the A,B,C and roof linning in beige faux suade ..

under the bonnet the ko3 turbo was showing signs of wear so have bought a ko3s which is a straight swap just need to send my ecu back to qpeng to have it re maped wile the engine is out i decided to clean up the bay a little but ended up removing all wireing, brake servo,expantion tank,washer bottle and battery tray.and started welding up holes and done lots of smoothing..

Thats about as far as ive got so far but im hoping to have it all done and back on the road for inters 09 and the big fat tour.,hope you enjoy the pics!!

cora.jpg

1234.jpg

pea.jpg

432.jpg

pol.jpg

wsd.jpg

also fitted willwood 4 pots 310mm floating discs!

bk.jpg

oz34.jpg

scutletray.jpg

oooh.jpg :luvlove:

Hey nice work fella. Really trying to summon up some enthusiasm to tackle my engine bay!

Those OZ wheels look a LOT better as well. Be interested to know how it handles on 16 x 8's when you get them sorted as well.

Should look awesome when you have finished.

Keep the updates coming! 8)

Matt

they are 2 piece willwood discs 310mm x(cant remeber of top of my head but are about 32mm thick)i think.

these are the reason the front wheels dont fit ,i have to space them out 15mm to clear brakes.

no probs,they told me if i send one of my centres they can custom make me 2" dishes for £98+vat each polished ready to fit

i thought that was a good price ???

top work mate one of my next jobs is to repaint the bay along with the underside.

love the wheels they realy are goin to make it! :)

almost ready for paint now ive removed the subframe and wings ,just doing a little filling then should be painted by end of this week.,

ive got a place on the Demonvw club stand at vw festival so has to be ready for that but am hoping to get it done by mid june????

couple of pics from last weekend.,

ooooo.jpg

hhhhh.jpg

no probs,they told me if i send one of my centres they can custom make me 2" dishes for £98+vat each polished ready to fit

i thought that was a good price ???

That does sound really good mate 8)

Thanks for info

Matt

Couple of pics from today,.all in primer now did a splash of red to see how it looks but this needs to be rubed down and some normal primer putting on b4 final paint .,

should be all red by friday., then have to clean up all the parts that are going back on and get lots of new bits.,.

filler primer

bay3.jpg

test colour.

bay2.jpg

final primer.

bay1.jpg

what u think??

Don't forget to weld a plate over your blower intake in the scuttle, else you will get engine smells coming thru to the cabin.

not forgot ,,,my mates making a cover for it that lets a little air in so i can keep my heaters but it will still look smooth, ive spoke to people with mk2s that have removed rain tray and kept the plastic cover and havent had any smells coming through or water so should be all good.

top work mate looking realy good! and it must be loads harder having to do all your work outside :)

ok so bad news when i started painting the top coat started to react? now everytime i rub down a little it still wrinkles up so going to rub it right down and start again!!

better news is seen as im starting again i was thinking of removing the matrix and smoothing a few more holes that arnt been used because of this, im going to keep the fan for cold air and drill holes in the top of the fan housing for recierc air??.also im going to run the brake and clutch lines behind the firewall so can weld up the other two holes in the strut towers as i will run the brake lines through the inner wing completely out of sight.then re paint again using the same brand for everything..

will put some pics up once the bay is ready for paint (again)

Gutted,

what do u mean by wrinkles up? does it just roll upinto a sausade instead of dusting up?? Does the sandpaper just clog up?

you can get a sealer primer if not dust realy light coats on mite help too getting it too wet wont help good luck mate :)

its bad when stuff goes wrong with paint.

This looks like it's gonna be superb! Great job on the engine bay 8)

Is the engine totally standard, or has it been fettled?

thanks cant wait till its all done ,,

the engine is an AGU code so has forged pistons and rods already but ive fitted a ko3s turbo with qpeng managment

will be good for 240ish bhp.,once all body and interior done i will look into bigger turbos but dont want to go over 300brake ., :D