Sign in to follow this  
STORM 2

Electrical switch 'metal clips' ???

Hi folks

Anyone know where I can source the metal side clips that fit into the switches so they sit in their sockets? Specifically the late electric window switch which has 2 of these clips on either side? I'm fed up of the switch dangling on its wiring :mad2:

Or do I need the whole switch?

cheers

Not sure if the clips are available, I just put a new switch in when the passenger side was flapping around like yours.

ian.

I don't think you can buy them separately, I'm sure you need to buy the whole switch.

i found i need some of these two, couldn't work it out until i took the other side apart and saw the clips there.

i'm going to have a rumage in my neighbours garage for some later

You can't buy the clips on their own, I asked a couple of years ago!

What you can do though is buy a roll of Butyl 'tape'. it's a rubbery, non setting black substance that holds anything to anything. Handy stuff to have around.

I run a thin bead of it around the switch and that holds it in place perfectly. You have to want to physically pull it out in order to dislodge it, so mission accomplished imo!

I also use it for things like, attaching badges, body trim, securing alarms in the engine bay, insulating wires, damping etc etc.

http://www.reddiseals.com/acatalog/glaz ... alant.html