V-Dubstar

V-Dubstar's VR - New Motor Bought - TVR

Cool man sounds good. Pete Griff on here recommends a place in Hereford, called Hereford Tyres (original, lol), if ur looking to get a full camber/toe etc adjustment! But I hear good things about 5 acre too, which is a little closer to u i guess!

cool

I'v been thinking of the place at 5 acers too as its just down the road from me and I used to drive past it every time w I went to college and saw the tracking bay. not shore about the price tho but will have to look into it :D

Guest Tori1011B
Lol of course I do Tori! I never did make it to the show 'n' shine the next day tho lol...didn't get in from raving etc til 8am, and there was NO way I was gonna get straight in my car and drive down to Newquay :lol: :lol: U go down there in the end?

Oh i dont understand any of this quoting stuff lol

Anyways.... Glad u remember me, didnt wanna be a stalker :D You didnt make it :shock: Dont worry you didnt miss much, wernt to much there i thought, about 4 Corrado's all together maybe? I gave up in the end and fell asleep in my mates car :sleeping: I dont blame you for not driving down though ... 8am thats good going :clap: You have a good weekend then?

It was a bit of a crazy night, i came home at about 5am and our caravan got broken into, they didnt nick any thing just painted the walls with our left over curry :(

Oh yeah, i think your mate like saved my mate from getting ran over or something she said.. Cheers! :D

Roll on next year :D

Guest Tori1011B

Hey Tori hows you driving lessons coming along? passed yet?

I'v got my Rado now, should hopefully be coming down to portland in the next few months.

Hey, :D Driving is going ok, should be passed soon, hopefully! However car is not grrr! He is abit poorly atm :p , but i dont wanna give up on him sooo not sure what to do???

Glad you got one, love of your life ay? Hope she treats you right :lol:

Yeah come on down to the old rock, partying on down :D

Hey Tori hows you driving lessons coming along? passed yet?

I'v got my Rado now, should hopefully be coming down to portland in the next few months.

Hey, :D Driving is going ok, should be passed soon, hopefully! However car is not grrr! He is abit poorly atm :p , but i dont wanna give up on him sooo not sure what to do???

Glad you got one, love of your life ay? Hope she treats you right :lol:

Yeah come on down to the old rock, partying on down :D

Glad driving is comeing along

unlucky about your car, is it anything major?

This is my cars profile http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=80469

HAhaha sorry, didnt mean I hijack it :lol:

ps are you jelouse :p :lol:

Anyways.... Glad u remember me, didnt wanna be a stalker :D You didnt make it :shock: Dont worry you didnt miss much, wernt to much there i thought, about 4 Corrado's all together maybe? I gave up in the end and fell asleep in my mates car :sleeping: I dont blame you for not driving down though ... 8am thats good going :clap: You have a good weekend then?

It was a bit of a crazy night, i came home at about 5am and our caravan got broken into, they didnt nick any thing just painted the walls with our left over curry :(

Oh yeah, i think your mate like saved my mate from getting ran over or something she said.. Cheers! :D

Haha, I remember all randoms I meet on such occasions! :lol:

Nah, definately meant to go, but in my state probably would've crashed into the 1st wall/VW I came across, which wouldn't have been good for anyone lol!! :brickwall:

Had a wicked wknd cheers, that's well shit about the caravan tho! Did u get the deposit back? £300 aint it?! :shock: We didn't wake up til 7-8ishpm on Monday and didn't leave til around 9 lol!! Lazy buggers that we are.

Yep lookin' forward to next yr, a load of V-Dubz, down in Cornwall, with the sun, plenty of beer and awesome music - great times :D

Haha, I remember all randoms I meet on such occasions! :lol:

Nah, definately meant to go, but in my state probably would've crashed into the 1st wall/VW I came across, which wouldn't have been good for anyone lol!! :brickwall:

Had a wicked wknd cheers, that's well **** about the caravan tho! Did u get the deposit back? £300 aint it?! :shock: We didn't wake up til 7-8ishpm on Monday and didn't leave til around 9 lol!! Lazy buggers that we are.

Yep lookin' forward to next yr, a load of V-Dubz, down in Cornwall, with the sun, plenty of beer and awesome music - great times :D[/quote:39safs88]

Get a room

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

I must say I like your car, and even more so the noise.

I think we wont follow the sat nav next time tho :lol:

They never turned up in the end, no phone call either :censored: :bad-words:

I finaly got a email off them saying they broke down.

Ya they should hopefully be coming tomoro, but my bro is going to have to show them the car cos I will be at work it could possible be a :epicfail:

Ok....So i've been a little lame recently and haven't posted anything in a while so here's some updates!

I FINALLY got my brakes sorted. So i've got new discs and pads all round, and re-furbed rear calipers thanks to Pete Griff! (sad to see his motor go too mind :( )

Ok so the front discs and pads went on a treat, cleaned up the calipers a little, but there was just a small amount of surface corrosion.

The rears, well, now THAT was a different story :?

Heres some pix before I took the discs/pads off

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfIMG_0070.JPG[/attachment:jt4f39q3]

Corrado92.pdfIMG_0077.JPG[/attachment:jt4f39q3]

Pretty dire huh? :shock:

Getting the calipers off was a story in itself. One of the allen bolts rounded off almost instantly on the N/S, and both did on the O/S! So an electric drill and a couple o' drill bits later, I drilled them out. I re-tapped the holes and replaced the allens with high-tension hex-head bolts, which were again later replaced with the allen bolts I got with the calipers from Pete Griff. When they were off I spent a good couple of hours wire-brushing them in an attempt to get them looking a little better. Not to much avail however, the surface corrosion was phenomenal. :lol:

And THIS is what happened when I took the pads out...

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfIMG_0079.JPG[/attachment:jt4f39q3]

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Really should've changed em sooner I guess (understatement of the yr!!), but then I didn't realise they were THAT bad!!

Next is a piccie of one of the bearings I replaced, you can see the colour variation in the middle of the runners, I guess that's where it's been subject to abnormal friction and heat? and its tempered the rollers?! Again, :shock:

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfIMG_0082.JPG[/attachment:jt4f39q3]

And finally with the new discs and pads (but not calipers, u'll see why in a sec)

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfIMG_0084.JPG[/attachment:jt4f39q3]

So, all is good right?

Went for a little spin to wear the brakes in a little, and make sure there was no complications...

When I got out of the car, had a quick walk around and smoke was billowing out from the N/S/R wheel!! :o

After a little inspection, the smoke i think was mainly from the pad lube stuff (cant think what its called?!) boiling up! Basically the issue was that sides caliper was a little seized when winding back earlier, and I think the piston wasn't retracting back in properly!!

So I got on the case to find some more, and got Pete Griff's Big Red re-con'd rear calipers off him! Put these bad boys on and haven't had any problems since! I changed the flexi-hoses connected to the calipers at the same time as they had seen better days (not for braided ones, cash is of very little abundance recently :( )

So that's the tale of the rear brakes, a story with ups, and (mainly) downs! But all good in the end :D

Soooo yeah, gave him a clean, took a pic:

IMG_0106.JPG[/attachment:jt4f39q3]

Next, I was driving back from work, pulled up into the car park, and as I pressed my foot down on the clutch as I was coming to a stop, the car stalled. Instant very strong smell of petrol in the carm, shat myself, opened the bonnet to find petrol p*ssing down from the bonnet heat padding stuff. Couldn't work out where the leak was so turned the ignition on and then saw some petrol coming out from one of the fuel lines. Basically where the line must have been rubbing against a jubilee clip for the K&N. Quick trip to Halfords (Obv not in the 'rado :wink: ) and it was sorted :clap:

Finally...

On my way back from work last Weds (1st July), got pulled by the federalés...

Fed - "Do you know why I've pulled you over?"

Me -"No" - although I knew very well!

Fed - "These plates are illegal"

Me - "Oh really? They were on the car when I bought it?"

Fed - "Unlucky for you mate, the law changed yesterday (30th June), the fine has gone up from £30 to £60!"

Me - " :censored: "

So I went and bought some new pressed plates, but completely legal ones. Dammit!! I'll get some pix up soon...(Or so i say lol)

:salute:

£60, gutted!! i said exactly the same when i had my german plates on, they made me take them off so they could dispose of them, which broke my rear number plate recess :bad-words: but at least i didnt get fined... just drove home with no plates on

£60, gutted!! i said exactly the same when i had my german plates on, they made me take them off so they could dispose of them, which broke my rear number plate recess :bad-words: but at least i didnt get fined... just drove home with no plates on

Nasty lol. The scotch tape I decided to put mine on with didn't come off easily either lol. A LOT of WD40 and some strategic twisting and they came off in the end! Still, not an experience Id wanna have to go through again anytime soon :lol:

Car's looking good Chris :salute: If you're still after a grille badge, I have a brand new chrome one... superglued to a mint debadged grille. As is, the grille is no use to me- fancy a grille swap + slight cash adjustment my way for the badge? Just an idea! ;)