V-Dubstar

V-Dubstar's VR - New Motor Bought - TVR

What are you getting done at D&G mate??

Im getting the hard brake lines done, the 288 fronts and mk4 rears fitted, along with new discs, pads, and rear bearings, goodridge hoses, completely bled afterwards, new handbrake cables and associated clips. (That's the brake overhaul, lol) Also having new wishbones put on, with the R32 bushes. New ball joints, ARB links, and a new gasket for the sump (they'll be taking the sump off for the wishbone removal, and it's due an oil change and could also benefit from a new gasket :grin: )

Lookin' forward to being able to brake afterwards with confidence :lol:

A few new pix here of the old boy from yesterday. Went to a uk-mkivs.net meet down in Portishead - primarily signed upto the site to get hold of some mk4 rear calipers - which I did from a guy who went yesterday - £25 for the calipers, carriers, discs and pads (even tho the pads and discs are getting binned!) which is an excellent price, certainly so with the condition they're in!

Anyways - the pix. I didn't take any, but the rado got quite a bit of attention so was enjoying that. Some of the pix aren't high res due to them coming off flickr, so I'll change em over when I get em. Here's a few of my faves

Corrado92.pdf2.jpg[/attachment:3csb92a6]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf4.jpg[/attachment:3csb92a6]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf1.jpg[/attachment:3csb92a6]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf9.jpg[/attachment:3csb92a6]

5.jpg[/attachment:3csb92a6]

A few more to add...

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf13.jpg[/attachment:lb8vj9fb]

Corrado92.pdf14.jpg[/attachment:lb8vj9fb]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf16.jpg[/attachment:lb8vj9fb]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf17.jpg[/attachment:lb8vj9fb]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf19.jpg[/attachment:lb8vj9fb]

Oh yeh I nearly forgot!! :shock: I think it was everyone's highlight of the day when this rolled past!! :lol:

15.jpg[/attachment:lb8vj9fb]

Looking good mate, some red calipers in the rolling pic would look great :ignore:

And what the hell was that thing at the end :gag:

And what the hell was that thing at the end :gag:

A spaceship from the planet bleurgh!

Did u also notice the 2 grannies in the Seat Arosa - getting in on some Dub action!

my mate on newport edition spotted you on the weekend :D

Nice, where to mate? M4 English side probably...

looking good mate. i want some of the speedlines to paint dark for winter lol

U can have em mate!

For ur Schmidt's... :norty: :lol:

Just noticed the fogs, looking good :D

Thanks dude, glad I went for gunsmoke now rather than subtle!!

looks very nice mate, top work :clap:

Cheers Rob - was chatting to a guy there who said he knows someone with a white G60 from Brizzle - I automatically interrupted him and said "Is his name Rob, and does he like eating tarmac with his front splitter?" And yep, it was u he was talking about! Think it was the guy with the red mk4 and black BBS splits...

that would be ian and kyle, i was gonna gonna pop along to the meet yesterday with ian but her indoors had other plans lol

Huw's looking superb, Chris 8) Pretty much perfecto if you ask me! :salute: Amazing how small they are, even compared to modern hatches.

Huw's looking superb, Chris 8) Pretty much perfecto if you ask me! :salute: Amazing how small they are, even compared to modern hatches.

Thanks Andy! :) Had a sit down (or should I say up) in the guy's mk5, was like sitting in a 4x4 compared to the previous hour in the 'rado!! :lol:

oo might have som of these wheels coming now lol ! :p and im sure you would swap for the schmits! lol need something to put on for when i get em refurbished tho cause they really are starting to look a bit shabby! :/

What size laminx did you get to do the fronts?

Can't remember off the top of my head mate...but I know I could have done 3 fogs and 3 indicators with it, as I had a 1/3 left over.

Possibly 12"x16"?

Crickey, it does look tiny next to that mk5, forget how small they are as i havent driven mine for a while now. Colour really suits the black speedlines well, proper moody. :twisted:

Hey Chris,

Just read the whole thread, must say the dark Speedlines look awesome on your car.... giving me idea on mine! :) And the mileage is so low!

Your KW V1, is that the ‘standard KW V1’ ride height? I want to get the KW V1 next year when I can afford them, but you car looks a tad too low for the Sussex roads & speedbumps. If I was to get the KW V1, would it be possible to have it not as low as yours? (Hope the question makes sense as I have no clues!) :shrug: :D

Cheers!

Hey Chris,

Just read the whole thread, must say the dark Speedlines look awesome on your car.... giving me idea on mine! :) And the mileage is so low!

Your KW V1, is that the ‘standard KW V1’ ride height? I want to get the KW V1 next year when I can afford them, but you car looks a tad too low for the Sussex roads & speedbumps. If I was to get the KW V1, would it be possible to have it not as low as yours? (Hope the question makes sense as I have no clues!) :shrug: :D

Cheers!

Hey buddy, thanks man! Yeh the mileage is low, it's creeping up tho!! (he's on 63k now!)

The V1's are coilovers mate, which means there is a locking plate which u can adjust (by moving it up or down the threaded strut) and hence lowers (or highers) the car. Sorry if u already know this, just not 100% on what u mean by ur question. If what u meant by 'standard KW V1' ride height was is mine as the highest position the coilovers go, then no! It can go higher mate so it won't be an issue with urs! I think mine are roughly just under half way wound down... :thumb right:

The V1's are coilovers mate, which means there is a locking plate which u can adjust (by moving it up or down the threaded strut) and hence lowers (or highers) the car. Sorry if u already know this, just not 100% on what u mean by ur question. If what u meant by 'standard KW V1' ride height was is mine as the highest position the coilovers go, then no! It can go higher mate so it won't be an issue with urs! I think mine are roughly just under half way wound down... :thumb right:

Gotcha! Cheers!

Right then, finally tomorrow is nearly upon me and my fellow 'rado! Im heading upto see the guys at DG, to get quite a bit of work done and really lookin' forward to the result!!

Here's a pic of the goodies that are to go on:

DSC00147.JPG[/attachment:1fei6ef9]

Haven't driven the Corrado for over a week due to having a temporary white van job which I get to take home (VW Caddy), so Im really lookin' forward to starting him up and driving it again!! :D