Sign in to follow this  
stewybenson

Mystic Blue Storm STOLEN!!

shocking, one of the reasons i drive and older car is to stop his happening. sadly isnt unusual these days but they normally go for hign end new cars.

Bugger, hope it turns up safe and sound and its amazing the lengths some people go to :(

Just a thought: a Storm is one of those cars that when they come up for sale tend to attract a lot of questions from buyers regarding provenance; in which case, if they've nicked it to move it on, they might decide it's easier to break up sell - so watch out for any new classifieds (Pistonheads, etc) for Storm bits.

Thing is, there aren't really (m)any 'Storm' bits. Couple of badges and body panels if it's a blue storm (green ones are unique colour to the Storm). I know there's more, before anyone starts! lol

Guys,

Thanks very much for all your help and kind words! Still not heard anything but the police say its quite common they catch someone with dna evidence and all that now, they just need to have smoked in the car apparently!

until then I only hope the insurance comes through ok, i have already started scouring the classifieds for another rado! Again, thanks and will keep you posted!!

Stu

Sorry to hear it pal in the the right service to spread the word although im a bit of a distance from you but you never know good luck!!

Sorry to hear about that. Is the car still missing?

I'm a Traffic Officer on the M1 in the East Mids, I will get my crew to keep an eye out for it as they always look for Corrados for me anyway.

Good luck.

Would you want it back if it was found as it was taken?

My mate saw a mystic blue storm in Swindon yesterday with aftermarket 5 spoke wheels? Might just be a coinsidence? Never seen one in Swindon before.

Very sorry to hear that mate. I'll keep my eye out as in Linconlshire for the next week or so...

Similar thing happened to me a while back - flat in London got burgled about 10 mins before I got home on a friday evening after a long slog at work. The little feckers trashed the place and stole both sets of keys to my old valver and my flat mate's fiat turbo. The fuz explained that we were very lucky to have got back so soon after the break in as both cars would have gone within a matter of minutes. New alarm and keys all round Grrrr!!!

I must have been jinxed as I left the Corrado outside my sisters flat for a week a month or so later. Some fecker apparently turned up with a low loader and drove off with it after a note had appeared asking to buy it!! That was a G plate and was nicked last July - I was amazed that someone would go to such lengths to pinch an 18 year old car! (G306 DRU if anyone see's her...)

Just got myself a lovely aqua blue vr6 with black leather. I'll be keeping the keys somewhere safe (bread bin maybe?!) so that this nonsense doesn't happen again...

If I see your storm I'll follow and let you know....

Good luck

Thats bad news. This seems to happen alot now.

My mates brother had his porka 911 keys nicked off his coffee table, but to make matters worse his lil 8 year old daughter was asleep on the sofa at the time! Not good.

And also a fella from work had 2 'kids' throw a plant pot thru his window, in broad daylight, chase his missus upstairs and then speed off down the road in his Mk5 Gti... the police have chased it twice in Northampton now but the gits drive it so dangerously they have to back off for safety reasons.

Anyway enough ranting, best of luck finding your pride and joy.

I quite often wonder if your car was ever found.

If put off Corrado's, I would quite strongly recommend the 350Z with GT Pack - if finances allow.

Seems to me to the most logical next step and it has Strut braces as standard !!!

I've just noticed on Ebay that this car has been broken up for parts. The number plate matches. The listings all have the detail that this has been bought as a stolen/recovered vehicle. The guy wanted to restore it but due to finding the rear quarter panel being really bad, he decided to break it instead.

A sorry end to a sad situation.

I've just noticed on Ebay that this car has been broken up for parts. The number plate matches. The listings all have the detail that this has been bought as a stolen/recovered vehicle. The guy wanted to restore it but due to finding the rear quarter panel being really bad, he decided to break it instead.

A sorry end to a sad situation.

:shock: