easypops

My VR6 and Storm

36 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Which sparks did you order Vince always fits the Audi TT Bosch ones and is a big fan of them. 

These ones, I saved this link ages ago as it was written about more than once by far more knowledgeable people than me 😁

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F250408772145

6 hours ago, easypops said:

These ones, I saved this link ages ago as it was written about more than once by far more knowledgeable people than me 😁

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F250408772145

Hi Mate, 

I got some NGK ones and Vince would not let me fit them and said he only uses these under a Schrick for long life and performance and he knows the figures well as he has a dyno. Much better durability and more spark and power . 

FR7KPP33+ must be the Bosch ones not NGK. From an Audi TT I believe. 

Edited by Keyo

On 3/10/2020 at 2:12 PM, Keyo said:

Hi Mate, 

I got some NGK ones and Vince would not let me fit them and said he only uses these under a Schrick for long life and performance and he knows the figures well as he has a dyno. Much better durability and more spark and power . 

FR7KPP33+ must be the Bosch ones not NGK. From an Audi TT I believe. 

Good information mate, although the miles I’ll be doing won’t impact me, plus at that stage I’ll be so used to the disassembly process that it won’t matter. I’ll definitely look for those next time as Vince certainly knows his stuff.

Fitted the refurbished oil pick up, plus the new sump, 2 of the bolts wouldn’t torque, just spun, luckily they were accessible so I put a longer but with a nyloc insert, should hold it fine

14DCA84B-5B81-41F8-9986-4A9302DA0269.jpeg

1EDC7B4B-8F28-4679-9B00-2BE8755B1472.jpeg

4BE65938-C6F9-4B11-8308-92DB33A897A4.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Nice mate have you got a link for the many bolts used to house the oil pan. 

So I have Vinvce doing my rebuild. 

What else is worth changing in there when engine apart. 

Worth doing a clutch I guess ? 

Also worth getting the oil pick up done ? 

Yep good solution to the threaded bolt. 

Cheers mate wont be long by the looks of it that the engine is back in the bay ? 

So, got another few wee bits done.

Rewrapped the engine loom (OBD2)

Fitted the power steering pump/bracket, alternator, although I need to swap the pulley so it’s only loose.

Also, made a good coilpack out of 2 I had, somehow I ended up with a new front so I had to use the back off the old cracked one. No idea where I bought the new front part from?

Also fitted the phelonic spacer.

3DB86EE0-396F-4A50-BEF9-14739A0DFEEB.jpeg

F60BF34D-B8A4-4BFB-8624-68E3DAE45B6C.jpeg

On 3/14/2020 at 6:54 PM, Keyo said:

I had a set of stainless bolts for the sump but I ended up using the old ones, they were in good condition so I was ok with them. 

I did the Clutch but only because I didn’t know the history of the old one.

I bought the refurbished oil pump/pickup. Can’t do any harm using the old one but I can’t resist new/refurbished bits 🤣

Looking good mate, that loon looks neat.

make sure that power steering pulley is on the right way round! I made that mistake and the belt squealed like crazy 😂.

11 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Looking good mate, that loon looks neat.

make sure that power steering pulley is on the right way round! I made that mistake and the belt squealed like crazy 😂.

Have I got it wrong? 
I already had the water pump pulley on back to front 🤣

I removed the fuel rail and replaced the injector seals, the rail and injectors are refurbished but it’s been sitting a while so I don’t want to trust the old seals. 
fitted that bit of loom as well

9ECD78EA-F35E-400A-9DE0-CAD5322184BD.jpeg

Great pics and an interesting update. Just to clarify, the Bosch plugs Vince suggests under a schrick are these ones:FR7KPP33+?

When i fitted my schrick i replaced my old ones with the NGKs, wish i'd known about these before. Never mind, next service change...

Edited by fla

23 minutes ago, fla said:

Great pics and an interesting update. Just to clarify, the Bosch plugs Vince suggests under a schrick are these ones:FR7KPP33+?

When i fitted my schrick i replaced my old ones with the NGKs, wish i'd known about these before. Never mind, next service change...

Yep they are the correct part number he fitted some to mine last year and I also had the injectors refurbished. Correct they must be the Bosch ones and he told me specifically not to use the NGK spark Plugs with the same part number.  

Many thanks for that.  I think i'll go out and buy every single one on the shelf and hoard them!  

Seriously though, did he mention any specific advantages, or indeed did you notice any difference?  Just for my understanding..

28 minutes ago, fla said:

Many thanks for that.  I think i'll go out and buy every single one on the shelf and hoard them!  

Seriously though, did he mention any specific advantages, or indeed did you notice any difference?  Just for my understanding..

He was just adamment has to be the Bosch one and not the NGK version of the above part number. Im seeing him on Monday so will ask what the advantages are and why not the NGK ones. I suppose he has the dyno so sees all the figures and engine performance pattern . Please note this is specific to the spark plug part number above not that of the standard NGK spark plug for a RADO VR6. 

Edited by Keyo

18 hours ago, easypops said:

Have I got it wrong? 
I already had the water pump pulley on back to front 🤣

Not sure, I can’t see it. If it’s on the wrong way everything still fits back ok. Send me a pic and I can maybe see

Thought I should do something in the time of isolation, so I looked out the seat looms to fit to the car. It’s a job that needs done so might as well. 
However, I recently picked up a set of cream Recaros and I don’t have the wiring for them, so before I fit the one I do have I guess I should try to make another one. I am short of 2 plugs though, so if anyone knows where else on the car they are used that would be great, I’m sure I’ve seen them but they all do look alike 😁

part number 191 972 752 . 2 required 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by easypops
Spelling

Good stuff mate. If you get stuck I can give you a link for 2 new Recaro seat looms ready to go. 

I've got a bunch of plugs with tails Martin, I'll have a look tomorrow to see if I have what you need mate

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

Good stuff mate. If you get stuck I can give you a link for 2 new Recaro seat looms ready to go. 

Thanks mate, I’ll definitely keep that in mind, you must never be done finding stuff 😁

6 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

I've got a bunch of plugs with tails Martin, I'll have a look tomorrow to see if I have what you need mate

Thanks mate, fingers crossed. My bet is they are used in a few places, I’ve just to find them 👍😁