easypops

My VR6 and Storm

I have put a different plug on the both seat connections as they have matching female plugs, so if I don’t find the ones I need I’ll just change the plug on the seat base 

553FB7E8-9667-4417-85C4-4388CB83924F.jpeg

Found two Martin. One is part of the front ABS sensor loom, and the other I think is interior somewhere as it has some splicing in on the cables so imagine it was from the god awful stereo install that was in my car when I got it. Send me your address mate, and I'll get them in the post early in the week. 👍

3 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

Found two Martin. One is part of the front ABS sensor loom, and the other I think is interior somewhere as it has some splicing in on the cables so imagine it was from the god awful stereo install that was in my car when I got it. Send me your address mate, and I'll get them in the post early in the week. 👍

Fantastic mate, many thanks. 
PM on the way 😎

Carpet out. Various jobs to do in here.

Add soundproofing 

Run speaker wires to the rear

Fit heated seat loom

Fit Recaro loom

Then the fun starts 🤣

Remove the Dashboard, remove the heater box/matrix, remove the ABS and associated wiring, remove the old alarm(‘s)

Fit refurbished heater box, new matrix, new speakers,Run the OBD2 wiring to the fuse box, Fit Teves20 (I’m optimistic 🤣)

FF54CE62-F075-439D-A6AB-A220C7E65B3D.jpeg

Plenty of time mate, no need to rush.

I'm not planning on having mine on the road for a fair while now. Was hoping for May but I think late summer is more likely. Shame as it won't have long until it'll be tucked back up for the winter!

Well, I’d love to say that was fun, but it wasn’t, getting too old/rigid to be creeping about on my knees 🤣

62601951-15BD-47A2-BE20-F149ADFCDAF6.jpeg

2 hours ago, Goldie said:

Any tips on getting the dash out?

Im psyching myself up to do the same job..

Take the front seats out mate, you’ll need the room I’d think.

Take your time with everything, especially the centre console, mine literally fell apart just showing it the screwdriver 🤣

5 bolts, one on each far side, 2 under the scuttle and one bottom middle.

Lots of wiring to unclip along the top underside.

There is a screw in behind where the clocks go holding that area of the dash to the central structure.

There may be more screws but I already had both sides under trays already out.

I removed the Glovebox as well as it was going too easy 🤣, although I think it could possibly stay in. If so remember the light.

Glovebox out. There are a couple of wiring hangers above it.

Squirt some wd40 on the lower heater box fixing in the engine bay. It's near the exhaust heat shield and mine was an absolute pig.

I totally agree with the seats out. And the centre console trim.the more room the better 

Ok, so I got the heater box out with only a bit of hassle. Then I managed to remove all the abs wiring, except the fuse box ones as I’ve left them in for reference just now.

While I’m in here I’m gonna remove the factory and the aftermarket alarm as none were working properly, but my god the mess of wires is making me worry 🤪

43E979A4-E782-4D24-804C-57F6D1775564.jpeg

681991BF-0B6A-43F3-BD09-CAD8EA02446C.jpeg

3D1485D8-CE92-4A1F-9F29-26166689D0E6.jpeg

FF41EC88-95D1-447F-A63C-0143163E9FAB.jpeg

Factory alarm and immobiliser removed. Cobra immobiliser also removed, that’s a lot of wiring out the way 😁

7DDEB457-305E-4628-BD6D-6414040FB347.jpeg

DDC3F5F6-442D-4FE8-8AEB-C60CC607D259.jpeg

Nice one easy, how long do you think it took for the alarm removal once you got going with being an alarm novice and all?

Did you have a slight euphoria moment when it was out?

50 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Nice one easy, how long do you think it took for the alarm removal once you got going with being an alarm novice and all?

Did you have a slight euphoria moment when it was out?

Once I got started I’d say a couple of hours max, although I did do the cobra immobiliser first as it was definitely the more awkward due to them having cut the wires. The hardest part(in hindsight) was the cramped conditions. 
Once I’d sussed out how they had actually tied in it was fairly simple, access was difficult over at the door wiring but yes, I was over the moon once it was off 😁🤘😎

Decided to look at making a bracket to house the new abs. Advised by Tonedef and having read the same previously I set about making a Frankenstein. As you’ll no doubt see, my welding skills are up there with my wiring knowledge 🤣. Fortunately it doesn’t need to be pretty. It’s nice and solid which is the main thing

1FE7E6C1-E542-49B0-932A-4468EBC9FD03.jpeg

8DD43221-57AF-4139-BA24-8CE5126EDA2C.jpeg

2C20178D-7956-49F0-BDE2-086DE825E65F.jpeg

34EA1575-5132-41E2-8C3E-9E38719B5366.jpeg

Edited by easypops
Forgot something

It turns out I made the new bracket upside down(thanks Tony) so I had to do it again 🤣

6730CAE8-7B3B-409A-8CDB-1C46263C405A.jpeg

6 hours ago, easypops said:

It turns out I made the new bracket upside down(thanks Tony) so I had to do it again 🤣

Just think of it as welding practice 😉

8 hours ago, easypops said:

😂

It happens. Funny though, thanks for sharing that Easy. 
can I ask what’s going on with the front of the passenger sill, it looks strangely like an ice cream. 

1 hour ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

It happens. Funny though, thanks for sharing that Easy. 
can I ask what’s going on with the front of the passenger sill, it looks strangely like an ice cream. 

Ha ha, good spot. There was a massive rusty bit there. Along with a few other bits I cut it out. I repaired it along the others but was running out of time so I just blootered it with filler to be looked at again. That time is fast approaching and I fear that when I grind the filler off I might have to redo the welding repair. No real matter as the opposite end of that sill is also rotten, so I’ll be chopping/welding/grinding/filling on a few bits, luckily they are just about all hidden 

I’ve found some of the pictures, couple of years old now possibly 3 years. I can’t find any of the after welding pictures..........probably a good thing 🤣

C3C5BBB8-15CB-460E-944E-F6A698F60A36.jpeg

6B4D35B6-8450-4BC1-913E-77D47596617C.jpeg

B065E443-732F-4AE5-99ED-D3F2345A33F7.jpeg

CC9369E9-63BE-450C-8233-E9C6AAED2E71.jpeg

Aha ha I had my suspicions, petty rust that, shame you can’t get the panel anymore that has that knuckle on, it was pretty cheap when available compared to other stuff. I wouldn’t really want a lot of filler down there as it’ll chip with the stones coming up off the wheel, several coats of under seal might be better for it, 

2 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Aha ha I had my suspicions, petty rust that, shame you can’t get the panel anymore that has that knuckle on, it was pretty cheap when available compared to other stuff. I wouldn’t really want a lot of filler down there as it’ll chip with the stones coming up off the wheel, several coats of under seal might be better for it, 

Absolutely mate, I knew it was gonna have to live outside under a cover for a while so I just covered it up knowing that once it’s inside I’ll need to remove it. This car was cheap so it’ll always be worth the effort. I’ve got so many nice parts to put in when it’s eventually done. Bodywork isn’t awful but it’ll never be the prettiest unless it gets a full respray in the future. But that doesn’t worry me, I’ll be delighted just to get driving it again 😁