g0ldf1ng3r

g0ldf1ng3r's VR6

7 minutes ago, MJA said:

Looking smart. Are you running fatter tyres, looks nice.

thanks

no m8 tyres are standard 205/50/15 Bridgestone RE030's on the OE speedlines

i will be running wider tyres on the modena's once they are ready as the fronts will be 7J & rears 8J

2 hours ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

some nice pics from Caffiene & Machine in Stratford last night  received_301307288100579.thumb.jpeg.bee8835bc8372114dea118eca67746c8.jpeg

received_308188214162249.jpeg

received_315516510226029.jpeg

received_318108649751344.jpeg

received_511079479922728.jpeg

received_956472378504180.jpeg

Looking good mate- can you just turn up on a week night without pre booking - and do they charge on a week night ?  

I don't go on the weekend because I'm not paying a tenner to the owner to park there when he is raking it in and the food is shite and expensive. , 

I recommend this place its free and a bit more quite and only space for 20 or so cars - I went there a couple of weeks back and there was a new McLaren- 964 - Renault gt turbo - real nice mix of motors and chilled out folks.  No charge or pre booking. 

https://gilksgaragecafe.com/

Edited by Keyo

Good point K - could be a good meet up spot. I've wanted to go there for ages. 2hrs from me 

15 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Looking good mate- can you just turn up on a week night without pre booking - and do they charge on a week night ?  

I don't go on the weekend because I'm not paying a tenner to the owner to park there when he is raking it in and the food is shite and expensive. , 

I recommend this place its free and a bit more quite and only space for 20 or so cars - I went there a couple of weeks back and there was a new McLaren- 964 - Renault gt turbo - real nice mix of motors and chilled out folks.  No charge or pre booking. 

https://gilksgaragecafe.com/

no it is all prebook at the moment - i only went as had never been there before

nothing much special there really, i think my VR probably got some of the most attention out of everything

ha ha funny you mention gilks as a m8 told me about there 2 weeks ago & that is next on the list - ive heard it is much more reasonable & a better crowd of people.   lots of people saying caffiene has turned into a place for the owner & his rich m8s as well as the food going downhill but being very expensive

14 minutes ago, MJA said:

Good point K - could be a good meet up spot. I've wanted to go there for ages. 2hrs from me 

ive had a chat with another member on here about possibly organising a forum meet - i wonder if we could arrange something with the owner of Gilks, might be worth a shot

52 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

ive had a chat with another member on here about possibly organising a forum meet - i wonder if we could arrange something with the owner of Gilks, might be worth a shot

Im up for it mate. 

16 hours ago, Cressa said:

The car is looking good,  where are your posh new alloys? 

modena's are in process of me refurb'ing them

3 have been split down, barrels cleaned up, slight kurb marks removed & am on to polishing the lips

got the 1 back from mechanic which had a very slight dent, which has now been removed & am half way through splitting

hoping to get the faces to the machine shop for redrilling the next week or so but am not in any rush as cant afford tyres for them yet lol20210501_202317.thumb.jpg.63b55f0a36b04b31ab45ef351aeb8f79.jpg20210501_202257.thumb.jpg.3a70b7ffc941cb097e69471ebf4cf5d2.jpg

20210501_202327.jpg

20210429_123508.jpg

20210429_111726.jpg

16 hours ago, Keyo said:

Im up for it mate. 

tidy - i might pop up there in the next few weeks so will ask the owner if i do

17 hours ago, Keyo said:

Im up for it mate. 

Me too. Gilks looks really good. I'm 10 miles south east of Cambridge way

small update with progress on the modena's

after cleaning up the faces i wasnt happy with the finish where the bolts go so yet more polishing had to be done - am now much happier with them & am onto the 3rd of 4 finally

20210523_114134.jpg

20210609_131316.jpg

busy weekend on the VR6 & starting to get it all back together

leather all cleaned & conditioned whilst all the interior is still out

passenger side & rear all vac'd & cleaned

speakers wires, sub wires etc all routed better & taped in place, new earth ran to factory body earth for basslink

factory rear speaker housings removed so i can felt behind the fixing points to hopefully stop the squeaks from when they were taking out for the coilovers 10 years ago lol

new kurzy headlight loom ran into place - OE connectors made it so much cleaner 😄

finally, got the Heko's on

hopefully when it stops raining this week i can remember how the hell i refit the rear seats20211017_142210.thumb.jpg.8fe205019ff0e8a3dea58ac16e8a65eb.jpg

Heko’s look well, as does the whole car mate, keep threatening myself with some. What are you doing about the roof strips/trims?

3 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Heko’s look well, as does the whole car mate, keep threatening myself with some. What are you doing about the roof strips/trims?

thanks shaun

im looking forward to driving with them, hopefully stop the water getting in when the window is slightly down

as for the roof trims, ive now paid off the modena's from the credit card & am almost ready to buy the mouldings but heritage are out of stock of the right hand side

im not in too much of a rush though as still need funds to finish the wheels & put rubber on them

3 hours ago, MJA said:

Good work. I bought some Hekos over the summer but am yet to fit - easy job? 

yes m8 took literally 2 minutes to fit them with the exception of me having to retrieve one of the metal clips from inside the door as wouldnt you know i dropped it & it landed in the one small opening of the door membrane lol

Ive got my Heko now in the garage- even with the clip[s on they keep working loose so got fed up and dumped them in the garage before one falls off and damages the paint work. 

17 hours ago, Keyo said:

Ive got my Heko now in the garage- even with the clip[s on they keep working loose so got fed up and dumped them in the garage before one falls off and damages the paint work. 

where abouts did you position the clips m8?

41 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

where abouts did you position the clips m8?

Followed the diagram mate - mine kept falling out the top corner of B pillar side- kept pulling over to put it back in - eventually the corner snapped with the amount of times I kept sliding it back - was getting fed up of taking the metal clip our each time to reinstall - I dont think it would fall out but didnt want to risk it anymore with the bit also snapped now. 

Edited by Keyo

few pic s of the black alcantera i had fitted a little while ago - tough to get a pic which wasnt oversaturated though

20221126_125753.thumb.jpg.77e7d771c25e50a7776d9f1727c51e33.jpg

20221126_125802.thumb.jpg.588708155bfbc047f4ed937803eb0f2d.jpg

20221126_125816.thumb.jpg.700dd4bce2bb96dc48dc4ba8ec0d387f.jpg

20221126_125829.thumb.jpg.8be16ce28d7df8cf95fecf53c5dc3820.jpg

20221126_125839.thumb.jpg.461930d5c1a6c67c546e4b09b1c848ce.jpg

1 hour ago, Cressa said:

Black does suit it. Although I would have to brush it all the same way. 😂

thanks m8

if im honest i dont even like touching it as i dont want to leave any finger marks or grease etc off hands but i was very pleased how it turned out

13 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Looking nice mate. Have you got a black sunroof / light switch?

thanks chris

errr id thought about putting a black one in as i have a black one in the 16v but i think it was out of a golf as the style is different

i kinda quite like the accent the grey gives the overhead though, might look too black if all black

That looks absolutely stunning! Was the sunroof switch surround a single piece or stitched?

Edited by fla