g0ldf1ng3r

g0ldf1ng3r's VR6

ive transferred all pics from phone to laptop but i will need to resize them before can upload all due to the size limits

for now a few of each stage

20230302_111825.jpg

20230302_111907.jpg

20230302_111937.jpg

20230302_112034.jpg

20230504_131253.jpg

20230523_113650.jpg

20230523_113743.jpg

20230523_113837.jpg

20230823_141654.jpg

20230823_141706.jpg

20230823_141735.jpg

20230823_141754.jpg

20230823_141811.jpg

20230823_141834.jpg

20230823_141859.jpg

It does look great. Nice to see the effort that has gone into making it so good. You can smile every time you see it 👍👍

Hopefully a job you won’t need to do again for a while. And the body colour looks great underneath. Kudos 🫡

thanks everyone!

it has been tough on the wallet & taken much much longer than anticipated but it is basically brand new underneath

my mechanic told me about raptor underbody seal which you can add colour too so i thought seeing as id gone this far i may as well have the underside a close colour match to the body lol

i popped down last week to see if & how the Modena's are going to fit, it was only a quick mock up to check clearance but here are 2 sneak pics (rears not spaced out to match fronts yet though)

20230914_162839.jpg

20230914_162832.jpg

YUM YUM 😉

Good to see any Corrado getting love and yours is coming along really nicely. Looks a great mechanic's shop too - nicely shaped brake lines and all the other details. 

18 hours ago, _Matt_ said:

YUM YUM 😉

Good to see any Corrado getting love and yours is coming along really nicely. Looks a great mechanic's shop too - nicely shaped brake lines and all the other details. 

thanks Matt

ive used the same mechanic since i was 17, so long in fact his son is now gradually taking over from his dad

they have done an incredible job & i agree the level of detail & workmanship is superb

basically everything has been stripped, anything that could be blasted & coated has been done, new parts where required or sensible to replace tired stuff, bolts & fixings etc re plated & the brake lines were hand made by them

also needed a refresh on the KW's as after about 80k of use when they were removed the springs & follower springs were in bad shape so shiny new there too.  the struts themselves are still in great condition & cleaned up very well

i ordered a new Sigma S30 CAT1 yesterday as well so will have remote function & full closure back finally

18 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Looks spot on, what did you do with the heat shields underneath, they look new

thanks chris

i think they were blasted & then either re-plated or painted

the final bill is going to really hurt the funds but it is pretty much brand new underneath & with the Modena's on it will be finished as ive given up on a VSR & console gauges - though i do have an early faceplate & VDO gauges to potentially fit in the future

13 hours ago, mic_VR said:

Looking amazing mate. Putting in some serious effort here! 

thanks mic

good to see you back on here & feeling the love for yours again

that colour really pops in the sun in that pic!

Your car is looking outstanding,  credit to you.  Great choice on a decent alarm system as there doesn't seem to be much choice these days. Can I ask if you have looked into any form of a tracker. Our cars are so valuable to us and to thieving scum for parts. A tracker would be an extra layer of safety but not something I have properly researched. 

I might just start a thread on that to get people talking.  

I do love the Carbon and front spoiler on yours ✔✔

On 9/24/2023 at 9:31 AM, Cressa said:

Your car is looking outstanding,  credit to you.  Great choice on a decent alarm system as there doesn't seem to be much choice these days. Can I ask if you have looked into any form of a tracker. Our cars are so valuable to us and to thieving scum for parts. A tracker would be an extra layer of safety but not something I have properly researched. 

I might just start a thread on that to get people talking.  

I do love the Carbon and front spoiler on yours ✔✔

thanks cressa

it will just be nice to have a remote fob & full closure back again....oh & knowing it has a decent system on it finally lol

i went with Sigma as that was what i had installed on the 16v when i brought it for the first time.  i had though similar & seen your thread, i am going to have a look see & chat to a friend for recommendations as she has a Ducati bike & may use something on that

i think the Kamei X1 front spoiler was the best out there at the time & that kit was part of what made me fall for the 16v so much.  i was chuffed to bits & quite amazed that i managed to get hold of another full kit to put on the VR6 & all thanks to goldie on here for allowing me to get him to part with it 😄

happy to report that after 14 months the VR6 is finally back home with essentially a brand new underside & nut & bolt restoration

plus the Autostrada Modena's are on & looking mighty fine if i do say so myself lol

pity you cant see any of the work that has just cost me a small fortune (over double what i had guessed at) but the first few journeys out have made me realise quite how much i had missed this car!  

the ride is sublime & the refreshed KW's feel great

& the noise - nothing quite like it

spent most of the weekend cleaning & resinstalling the interior, only sub & door cards left

a quick pic from a gloomy drive today

20240129_144746.jpg

• Like 1

The car does look great and a great bodykit. Be careful with that front splitter and kerbs.... Do you have a ramp in a garage to clean the underside after going out? Or accept that it can happily get dirty for the next 20years as everything is good there. 

Your car always looks  great 👍