g0ldf1ng3r

g0ldf1ng3r's VR6

Oh dear, where from?

not sure yet Kev

going to have a look on my break shortly

it seems to be around the oil filter housing area

OK. If the filter housing O rings are OK, and the O ring on the filter drain plug is OK, sump and chain cover leaks can collect down in that corner of the block and drip.

OK. If the filter housing O rings are OK, and the O ring on the filter drain plug is OK, sump and chain cover leaks can collect down in that corner of the block and drip.

thanks Kev, much appreciated

im pretty sure the filter housing O ring was replaced when it was serviced & MOT'd not too long ago.

it did have a new sump & summp gasket when it was in stealth last year as well

ive just had a look & there have been zero drips since arriving at work this morning - thus, as it was a fresh drip this morning when it was warming up for a few minutes i believe it is only happening when the engine is running

no sign of any oil coming from above the oil filter housing or the sensors on top but i can see where it seems to be dripping onto the pipe work slightly below such

unfortunately without putting one side on a kerb i cant wriggle my head under for a better look as it is too low lol

no new oil patches overnight & looked fairly dry on the underneath but again a slight drip from the same area once the engine was started

checked oil level yesterday & barely registering a loss

need to investigate over the weekend

If it's only dripping when the engine is running, it's gotta be coming from a high pressure area, so maybe the filter housing needs a closer look? I hate oil leaks!

If it's only dripping when the engine is running, it's gotta be coming from a high pressure area, so maybe the filter housing needs a closer look? I hate oil leaks!

you read my mind m8 - thank you :)

i will probably throw the trolley jack in the car & take it to my parents house, as they have a flat drive unlike my current one, & take a look over the weekend

i just hate leaks Kev - ive not long fixed the water ingress to the cabin i was suffering grrr lol

Having had leaks from one of the oil pressure switches in that area, probably worth double checking that they're totally dry again!

Having had leaks from one of the oil pressure switches in that area, probably worth double checking that they're totally dry again!

thanks Jim

i know the oil pressure & temp switches were replaced when the stealth work was done & the top area where they connect is all dry

i need to get my head underneath & shine a torch up to try & see better

the valver had its first road test after much work yesterday

all ok apart from front calipers binding a little, replacements ordered & hopefully it will be MOT time before the week is out

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

thanks Jim

i know the oil pressure & temp switches were replaced when the stealth work was done & the top area where they connect is all dry

i need to get my head underneath & shine a torch up to try & see better

during conversation about the valver yesterday my mechanic said he had indeed replaced both the O rings on the oil filter & housing

as the valver is nearly ready to come back home on the road & i need my mechanic to swap my current tires onto the newly refurb'd speedline he is going to take a look whilst he has the VR

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah

Zip-A-Dee-A

My oh my, the valver has MOT yay!!!

my mechanic has just text to say it fought him all the way but the valver is back :D

valver is taxed! cannie wait till 5.30 tonight

swings & roundabouts though as dropping the VR off to have the slight oil leak when running looked at but also taking advantage of it going in & having the bridgestones swapped over on to the refurb'd black speedlines

does anyone know the diameter of the speedline centre caps pls? i might look into some alternative centers for the black wheels

does anyone know the diameter of the speedline centre caps pls? i might look into some alternative centers for the black wheels

58mm according to Vagcat.

Ian.

Ian.

superb thanks very much Ian

I appreciate your great information sourcing :)

Ian.

do you know if the 58mm is the internal or external diameter pls Ian?

thanks

edit: i think it is 55mm internal & 58mm external from what i can find online

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

valver picked up last night & given a quick wash as it was filthy

a rather nice journey to work had this morning in it :D

masses done whilst with the mechanic but still more on the list as i need to recoup funds

the alternator is rather noisey so think that might have to be done sooner rather than later & the tire size is a little out so doesnt feel right

i know it used to run 195*50*15's on the original wheels but would i need a 195*45 to run on the BBS 16"'s - is anyone good with tire calculations pls?

good points though - it does drive nice still, if a little heavy on the go pedal & clutch, both windows work (drivers side rather slowly), sunroof works, spoiler works & im not quite sure how but the head liner looks bloody lovely (FYI both the gf & myself have pulled the liner material out of our respective VR's due to sagging)

hopefully the nice weather will kick in & be with us for a while so i can drive it a bit & then think about ripping the dash out to do the matrix

Congrats!!!

We need to organise a little meet for us Midlands Rado Owners

Congrats!!!

We need to organise a little meet for us Midlands Rado Owners

Thanks Tan

I really did get the same excitement & fluttery tummy when I collected it last night as that I did when I first brought it & picked it up from near alton towers :)

a Midlands meet is definitely needed m8

interestingly, due to traffic I took a very slight alternative route last night & saw a dark coloured rado VR with what im sure were 17" speedlines

never seen it in my area before but it is only round the corner from where I live so I will be looking again

hmmm just seen the pic of my gear knob in my first post - it is being taken off & re-polished this weekend!! lol

Maybe one of the upcoming Sunday's

As the weather is getting very nice now.

Time to start a new Thread to see how many local Corrados we can get together

And where?

Maybe one of the upcoming Sunday's

As the weather is getting very nice now.

Time to start a new Thread to see how many local Corrados we can get together

And where?

im going to see my friend who hires out his camper van next week & we used to attend most of the local meets until they stopped

I will ask him if he knows of any that have restarted or moved & let you know

if not then just a rado meet it will be lol