g0ldf1ng3r

g0ldf1ng3r's VR6

small update for the valver

since getting it back on the road I have been driving it on the tires which came with the BBS splits I brought off here but they were the wrong size & made the steering feel very heavy (205*50*16)

plus I was finding it even heavier when moving at slow speeds, eg parking.

as the VR needs new bridgestones on the front this month I got some toyo part worns the other day, in a 195*45*16, which is as close to the standard 195*50*15 as I think I can get

steering instantly better but still not right - oh poop I thought as all of the steering mechanism from rack to wheel is new at each end, including the rack!

my mechanic popped round last night for a separate reason but being the great guy he is he had a quick look & the new power steering belt has stretched a little. a few minutes later, & thankfully I had my my trolley jack & tools, he had tightened a couple of things & sorted the steering out

a much nicer drive to work was had in it this morning & with the sun shining I had a real feeling of happiness & excitement to get my old car back to how I remember it was :D

just need to teach myself how to plastic weld so I can get the Kamei front spoiler back on & it will be pretty much as it looks in the early pages of this thread lol

small update for the valver

since getting it back on the road I have been driving it on the tires which came with the BBS splits I brought off here but they were the wrong size & made the steering feel very heavy (205*50*16)

plus I was finding it even heavier when moving at slow speeds, eg parking.

as the VR needs new bridgestones on the front this month I got some toyo part worns the other day, in a 195*45*16, which is as close to the standard 195*50*15 as I think I can get

steering instantly better but still not right - oh poop I thought as all of the steering mechanism from rack to wheel is new at each end, including the rack!

my mechanic popped round last night for a separate reason but being the great guy he is he had a quick look & the new power steering belt has stretched a little. a few minutes later, & thankfully I had my my trolley jack & tools, he had tightened a couple of things & sorted the steering out

a much nicer drive to work was had in it this morning & with the sun shining I had a real feeling of happiness & excitement to get my old car back to how I remember it was :D

just need to teach myself how to plastic weld so I can get the Kamei front spoiler back on & it will be pretty much as it looks in the early pages of this thread lol

yay!!!!!! so glad it feels better and that your happy with her again..... all lovely ready for me to drive for a while lol, i am a very lucky girl :dance:

yay!!!!!! so glad it feels better and that your happy with her again..... all lovely ready for me to drive for a while lol, i am a very lucky girl :dance:

thanks chick

glad you got on with her ok yesterday & enjoyed

it is much better now the PS belt isn't slipping & I sorted all 4 wheels air as well this morning

I noticed something I quite like in terms of look when checking air pressures on the valver this morning

the tires are now odd different sizes on the front to the back (195*45*16 front & 205*50*16 rear) & it has produced a very slight whacky races / drag racer look.....

I've got a Corrado eyebrow spoiler sitting around in my garage - currently painted up in flash red, but I've no need for it if you want it for free?

I've got a Corrado eyebrow spoiler sitting around in my garage - currently painted up in flash red, but I've no need for it if you want it for free?

bless you Jim that is an extremely kind offer, very much appreciated

fortunately the valver was only missing the Kamei front spoiler & as such had the original eyebrow on it when I brought it back

someone had painted it black though & not very well at all so it is currently in my workshop half rubbed down

I had a light bulb moment over the weekend regarding the door pin surround parts that are no longer available & neigh on impossible to find

this potential genius idea was very well timed as most of this weekend just gone I have been helping the gf prepare her beautiful storm & helping her make sure it is sparkling everywhere

as such one of her door pin surrounds was broken & rather unsightly. thus I offered to donate one of mine out of the VR

neither of us could find one on the internet so this was our best option but would mean my VR would be missing one

however a bright idea, a hunt through the shed & a bit of electrical tape later I had this.....(well these as I did both sides)....

be nice to hear other peoples thoughts as I rather like it :D

Ok it does now - its wasn't at first???

cool

ahh that might have been me clicking 'submit post' rather than 'go advanced' when I first went to attach the picture lol

what do you think now you have seen?

Looks like a really good job - impressed with result

cool thanks m8

honestly, I reckon you wouldn't believe what I used even if I told you lol

it is my cheapest fix ever!!

You do love to tease us don't you.

ha ha I was enticing someone to ask or offer up a suggestion

it truly was a light bulb moment as the 'fix' cost me zero pounds & zero pence

it is a tubular metal insert which is used in modern day plastic push fit plumbing fittings - cost me nothing as I had seen them in my dads shed (yes he used to be a plumber)

add to it a few winds of electrical tape to make it fit snuggly & reduce any movement & hey presto a nice shiny door pin surround :D

as I say....winner winner chicken dinner

tidy!

received my new uprated loom, 3 relay version, from KUR2Y for the valver (thanks Zak!!!!)

just need to get some ring xenon max bulbs & fit it all this weekend :)

Post some photos of each stage.... Not done mine, don't know where to start.... Lol

ok m8, for you i can do that :) lol

which type of loom do you have? is it a ryan automotive one?

if it is i believe they have OEM connectors so the light end is easy but from reading another users post about headlight issues the ryan looms require disabling the dim-dip, my KUR2Y loom doesn't need that

did you get a set of fitting instructions?

oh & what bulbs did you go with?

Pretty sure I have the same one from the same source. Unsure on some of the instructions. Can't remember exactly but there is one part where it links in with something near the washer bottle which was confusing... Thanks will be appreciated.

Stop mucking about with other stuff and get on with the seats. Lol. How's the heat in the valver? Getting any better?

Pretty sure I have the same one from the same source. Unsure on some of the instructions. Can't remember exactly but there is one part where it links in with something near the washer bottle which was confusing... Thanks will be appreciated.

ok m8.

i have to dig out the instructions from when i fitted my previous one but i will certainly take staged pics for you as i go :)

Stop mucking about with other stuff and get on with the seats. Lol. How's the heat in the valver? Getting any better?

ha ha ha the seats haven't had a look in & my rado's are dire need of a wash, bloomin filthy they are but i will start addressing them soon as i can

the valver heat is ok it is nice & toasty out of the vents below the windscreen but still a little diluted feel to it out of the side & foot vents. definitely due to me not renewing the liner on the big flap in the heater box as it is that which shuts off / opens the hot air feed. however it gets the car warm enough & the screen clear so i am dammed if i am taking the dash back out any time soon.

maybe i might do it next summer as having taken a dash out it is not that hard really, just time consuming