g0ldf1ng3r

g0ldf1ng3r's VR6

hmmmm think you are right there!!! your g/f would definitely only drive her storm to a show!!!! lol, i love your new (old) valver but...... its not mine, and the drive, feel and beautiful sound that comes from my vr6, is way too tempting, and she would have to be first choice lol xxx

time for a wee update methinks....

1st of all a nice pic of my current driveway, its called 3 in a bed :D

next are a thank you to dave16v for producing high quality shiny parts once again (which tie in nicely with the polished stainless rebuild kit stealth used during my head rebuild)

Hello m8 - my power output after stealth map was the same as yourself.....209.8 BHP IIRC & lb/ft not far off the same figure. I forgot to take pics of my ECU maps last night but will get them on here in next couple of days so you can see

Vince mentioned that is about the usual overall output with those upgrades but he has had a couple of VR's that made approx 220bhp but had no idea why

Your quite correct that the main difference is in the delivery & response, it is so much more urgent throughout the rev range.

I had the pleasure of using my gf's storm during the 2 weeks my VR was last at stealth & it felt like mine was on red bull when i got my VR back lol

And you get yet another zesty Red Bull kick when you add the G60 final drive to your VR's gearbox :D

Honestly, I cannot believe how lethargic a bone stock VR6 is compared to one that's been 263'd and G60'd!

Liking the 3 in a bed shot :)

Any reason why a Golf V5 starter motor was fitted rather than a standard VR6 Corrado one - Much difference?

Ian.

It was recommended by vince at stealth Ian.

The day after i collected the VR from there for the 1st time the starter let me down & vince sourced the part & fitted it.

I cant recall what he said other than they are a nice & punchy starter & reliable. Im sure if you spoke to vince he would tell you the full details

And you get yet another zesty Red Bull kick when you add the G60 final drive to your VR's gearbox :D

Honestly, I cannot believe how lethargic a bone stock VR6 is compared to one that's been 263'd and G60'd!

Liking the 3 in a bed shot :)

Why thank you Mr Bacon! they were rather diirty on the day but i like the way you can see the valver's kamei skirts (such a shame someone took off the front skirt before i managed to buy her back)

Zesty Red Bull kick sounds interesting, please do tell me more? I have read about changing the final drive but not heard the G60 final drive mentioned (unless they are the same & im confused lol)

Your right too about the feeling of lack of responsiveness & urgency underfoot when you drive a stock VR compared to a 263'd & stealth mapped - the power seems so much more readily available throughout the rev range now

I've not driven a standard VR for years - should finally get a chance behind the wheel this weekend. Will be interesting to compare how it feels against my VR which has 263's and a remap!

I've not driven a standard VR for years - should finally get a chance behind the wheel this weekend. Will be interesting to compare how it feels against my VR which has 263's and a remap!

slugish underfoot is prolly the best description i would say (and extremely quiet without the BMC too lol)

new blower motor fitted on the VR last weekend - quick & easy & well worth the £30

collected the rim parts of my BBS splits for the valver after my mechanic had ran a tap in the threads to ease the rebuild - bolts now screw in like a rat up a wizards sleeve

gasket cement purchased, BBS bolts clean & ready.......gotta get some loctite en route home & then start rebuilding the 3 that are ready :)

set of new wheels bolts with locking nut ordered in readiness to fit the BBS to the valver & then its MOT time

link to ebay shop for wheel bolts if anyone can make use of it http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-x-ALLOY-WHEEL-BOLTS-LOCKS-VW-VOLKSWAGEN-CORRADO-4-BOLT-NUTS-Y8-/230863615488?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyres_Trim_Nuts_ET&fits=Model%3ACorrado&hash=item35c08b3600

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

Ooooo & fedex have just delivered my valeo heater matrix for the valver. I hope the sun starts behaving on the upcoming weekends lol

its all go at the moment....

last night i was finally in a position to start rebuilding the BBS splits i got from Martin_B for my valver (thank you martin)

so, they arrived with me in the below state:

i did position them up against the valver to see how they would look & they are so much better than the 17" wolfrace wheels on there currently

unfortunately i didnt think to take a pic BUT my new wheels bolts & locking nuts landed on my desk half hour ago & thus once i have the 4th wheels crack welded I can polish it up & get them on the motor :D

another little update....

final BBS wheel is having the crack on the lip repaired - i hope it comes back soon as i need to polish it before rebuilding & im dying to get them on the valver

my gf's mom has said i can borrow her garage to do my vavler's matrix so that takes pressure off me missing this weekends fine weather (i was moving back to my apartment from my parents house as the summer is gone already)

yeee-haaa!! the early grill i found on ebay last week has arrived & it has all 4 tabs in place & the 16v badge & the VW badge.....all for under half of what ive seen front vr6 badges selling for in past few weeks. Plus im glad i didnt opt for the VW Heritage one as they are without both badges & twice the price

a quick rub down, plastic primer & some black & it should be ready to fit....as it is now...

lovely jubbly!!

last night i spent a few minutes checking over the early grill & was chuffed to find that all 3 parts have all of their respective clips in place

the 16v badge only needs a wipe over & im currently mulling over if i can use nitromors to strip the paint off the grill or if i should give it a rub down instead

lots achieved on the weekend

despite the rain & wind (spray painting outside is definitely not fun or clever) i managed to get my replacement grill refurb'd.

im happy to now have the correct early 7 slat grill in place & not looking too shabby considering all i used was halfords plastic primer & cheap matt paint. apologies for the foliage, i forgot to take the pic before i moved it forward to park again

after many many hours of rubbing & polishing i also managed to finally finish the 4th BBS split & then got all 4 balanced up & fitted :D

they look so much better than the wolf race 17's which were on it......& will now be up for sale, along with the spacers & long wheel bolts i removed, should anyone be interested (i will put an add up once had time to clean them & take pics)

though im not entirely sure if i will need any spacer shims as the clearance between the top of the tyre & the bottom of the suspension cup is very minimal, though i believe that should remain static so think they are ok as there didnt seem to be any rubbing (im not very good at working out wheel sizes & offsets but several good people on here said they would fit ok)

however, comparing to my VR they look ok & the outside edge of the rear wheels seem to almost be in line with the inner edge of the arch lip

finally, i cant recall who on here put me onto the ebay page for wheel bolts but they worked a treat the price with locking nuts was superb - so thank you :)

Hmmm i do need to source some new stickers for the wheel centres i have - does anyone know a good place for BBS or VW ones?

Hmmm i do need to source some new stickers for the wheel centres i have - does anyone know a good place for BBS or VW ones?

anyone? pretty please with a cherry ;)

You may be better off just getting new centre caps but they won't be cheap..

What size are those?

If you want genuine BBS caps, just keep looking on ebay. I managed to get a set of second hand unused ones for £20 delivered, and I also bought some Chinese copy VW sticker type ones with aluminium backing for £3.99 for the winters.