Sign in to follow this  
renson

£3 Tesco wiper blades

So it sounds a bit tight but last night i was in tescos and i spotted those universal blade wipers a bit like the lupo ones. I have been looking for TT arms cheap for ages and just pop into the scrap yards every so often. But until i get 2 arms i thought i would try these. They seem ok and appear to wipe better than the standard ones. and at only £6 for the 2 i thought i would try them. Has anyone else used these?

yes but not on the C. They're pretty good on the other cars, but the only use they would be on the corrado would be the rear wiper.

on mine front window the wipers seem to miss the midde of the screen and doesnt clear the rest of the screen. the arms them self dont seem to have much springyness to them but have tryed bending the arm a litle bit but they are crap, been like it since car so tryed a new set wipers but still same but was only a cheap set jobby

they are crap

:salute: oh yeh that's standard rado wipers for sure

i got some of the 'fake' aero type ones from ebay. initially not much good but after bending the wiper arms down towards the screen a bit they work beautifully, clear all of the screen and are nice and quiet.

IMO worth giving the arms a bend to create more pressure before spending £80 on a new setup

Standard rado arms/wipers work fine when you grind a few mm off the lobes that stop the arms applying pressure to the blades, grind the lobes.....

Standard rado arms/wipers work fine when you grind a few mm off the lobes that stop the arms applying pressure to the blades, grind the lobes.....

lobes?

please tell me more!