Sign in to follow this  
big ben

how much have you spent on ya car!?

How much have YOU spent on your rados then?? some people probly just dont wana know, dont blame you!! :gag:

heres my tally so far, its pretty small at the min really;

car £3000

tyres £180

service £130

My car got wrote off Cat C and got back £2250 and my car...

New panels and welding work etc £1460

Tail lights £25

FK lights £110

Personalised plate £245

Pressed plates £40

D90's, adapters and toyos £700

Rear bumper £40

Front bumper £35

Stereo £80

Speaker covers £20

Car cover £40

Driver door £20

Passenger door £20

Tailgate £80

Splitter £45

Other small bits and pieces £50

so my total is a pathetic £4070

BUT... still got to spend another 2K on spraying it, plus loads more, im thinking 10K by the beggining of next year :cuckoo: :pale:

and i bet theres people on here who have spent double, treble that!!! so what about you guys?? care to share...??

My car cost me about £2500 (I think?!) when I bought it 3 years ago...

My receipts folder when I totalled it up a few weeks ago came to around £4000 (which was a bit of a surprise) and that was just parts and stuff. I know I've spent probably £1000 on more bits which were 2nd hand or off eBay or simply didn't get a receipt for.

Worth every penny I think. I don't regret spending it at all.

petrol and tax not included :lol:

also, lets have a competition for whos got the biggest MOT bill...

Lots and lots and lots....at least three or four times what I bought it for. Madness, I could have had a decent Porsche for that kind of wedge, but it still brings a smile to my face when I drive it, which is the most important thing!

Lots and lots and lots....at least three or four times what I bought it for. Madness, I could have had a decent Porsche for that kind of wedge, but it still brings a smile to my face when I drive it, which is the most important thing!

whats so good about porsches :lol:

Here's my rough idea:

Car - £3500 (2 years ago)

Coilovers, wheels and little mods - ~£1000

General renewing of tired parts (bushes, 288 brakes etc) - ~£600

Head gasket and timing chain overhaul (using spacer and ARP bolts) - £300

Rotrex charger inc all parts needed with it - ~£2500

MED top mounts - £120

Neuspeed ARB - £180

More bush renewing with R32 bushes and poly axle bushes - ~£150

R32 engine and everything else needed for install - ~£2500

Wiring setup, ecu flashing and remap - £Price to be confirmed but most likely in the region of £800 :pale:

There's loads of other bits I have most likely missed out but this is a rough idea.

Total: Nearly £12k!!!! Holy sheeite, never added it all up before :shock: Mind you I haven't sold my charger yet and will make some money back from my old engine and bits I don't need from the R32, but still!

ummm, last time I added it up, there was over 10K in the engine bay alone.... and then I fitted a leather interior, wrote the car off, bought it back, bought another one, swapped all the good bits over, got it resprayed, and scrapped the old car etc etc etc...

Dread to think how much I've spent so far on it... :eek: gotta be in the region of 20K over the last 5 years or so... :cuckoo:

ummm, last time I added it up, there was over 10K in the engine bay alone.... and then I fitted a leather interior, wrote the car off, bought it back, bought another one, swapped all the good bits over, got it resprayed, and scrapped the old car etc etc etc...

Dread to think how much I've spent so far on it... :eek: gotta be in the region of 20K over the last 5 years or so... :cuckoo:

Funnily enough I'd say mine was around 20 grand too - in 5 years. Small world.....

I dont want to think what my total would be like :lol:

I've got more to spend when the engine comes out for a overhaull in the winter, and hopefully a respray at some point next year.

Never ever ever gonna do those sums :cuckoo: unless Im gonna add it all up to help sell my car if that day ever comes :lol:

You can't include the cost of the car! Someone just comes along that bought one from new and already they're £20k+ in the red. If anyone was ever stupid enough to buy one from new .... errr.

It's what have you spent on your C .... don't forget, no one ever plans to mod them :lol:

You can't include the cost of the car! Someone just comes along that bought one from new and already they're £20k+ in the red. If anyone was ever stupid enough to buy one from new .... errr.

It's what have you spent on your C .... don't forget, no one ever plans to mod them :lol:

I've not... but I had to put lots of bits on the car AGAIN that I'd already done to the car that got written off, even though I was just swapping parts over... I actually MADE money on buying the write off back, buying the new car and scrapping the old one! :eek: 8) :lol: Oh, yeah, and 3 remaps too at £350 a pop... :eek: Where's the suicide emoticon?!? :shrug:

mines fairlly easy

car £541

wheels £100

leather seats £75

coilovers £150

paint and polish £150

bonnet lifters £20

dials and gauges,pod ect £30

bushes polyflex 21.00

all labour cost is my own :) so all in theres probably bits i missed around £1200 inclusive of car if i didnt work on it myself would be defo more than 2k. most of the bits i bought have been 2nd hand and been fairly lucky on the bay

Henny, you're the sort of guy that needs at least 2 or 3 Corrados to keep them occupied ;)

Henny, you're the sort of guy that needs at least 2 or 3 Corrados to keep them occupied ;)

I just want the time to concentrate on the one corrado I still have left... I've done nothing to it since I took the head off 3 weeks ago... :(

the smiling is the exact reason i brought another rado :)

I have spent about ... 16.000€, and still loads to come :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

petrol and tax not included :lol:

also, lets have a competition for whos got the biggest MOT bill...

I tend to sell it on before the MOT is due :clap: :clap: :clap:

Buy one with 12 months and sell it when it gets to less than 6 months :lol: :lol: :lol:

Having said that ive spent over 500 quid in the first two months of having my 8v :(

have forked out about £1,200 on engine, new pistons and stuff and i don't even have a car :D

on previous motors probably about £5k which is pretty tame accross 3 cars

If I stop and think about it for too long my eyes glaze over and I dribble a bit :pukeright:

Then I batter some wannabe footballer in a TT out the lights and it makes me happy again :clap:

My better half says i've spent enough on it... :lol:

Car £3000

reconditioned engine/clutch/labour £3300

Cheap coilovers - £300 (booooo)

Springs/shocks - £100

KW Coilovers - £700 (money well spent)

6 branch - £60 (bargain)

rear disc/pads - £100

4 tyres - £220

16" alloys - £320

smoked rear lights - £50

heater controls - £40

paint £20

heat warp and silicone - £100

Battery £70

£8380

Thats the first time i've added it all up and im quite shocked.