Sign in to follow this  
skinnyman9000

Who's burning up in their rado?

Hands up who wishes they had aircon?

Sat in traffic in 30deg+ is not fun! How much is retrofit aircon?

P.S. - Smug people with aircon need not reply :nono:

I'm putting off going home in my 'ssat 'cos the fan packed in about 6 months ago and I've not bothered to change it yet... annoyingly, it's got air-con, but it won't do anything 'cos of the fan being dead... :(

I know how you feel. Getting into the car after its been sat in the sun all day, is not fun. especialy when the stearing wheel is too hot to hold

DITTO indeed!!!!

even windows half down & sunroof open all afternoon didnt help when i got in it......specially when i burnt my arm on my ali gear knob lol

Yup, me too! There's a bit of a breeze today which has helped, but full leather makes for a slightly sweaty back! I would say its worth it to be out in the C in the sunshine but A/C would be nice :lol:

Can you imagine having a Corrado without A/C in somewhere actually hot?? Like some parts of America or somewhere similar? Actually, just any car without A/C would be a literal pain in the arse!!

i have aircon in mine but have never used it and it doesn't have much effect when on. its been last on my list of things to do since i got the car

soooooooo warm in my C..get in and just start sweating...not so bad once moving though! Air con would have been really nice this last week!

In the accessories brochure it's £1600 + vat fitted via Diavia

That was 1993 though so not sure they'll still do it for that price :lol:

In the accessories brochure it's £1600 + vat fitted via Diavia

That was 1993 though so not sure they'll still do it for that price :lol:

lol i reckon it might of changed :lol:

best bet is dont buy leather ive had in my car for a month and burns on sitting, if your wearing shorts you need to peel you legs of the seats and leather is supposed to be luxirous lol

Dark green,full leather,sunroof and windows half open,parked in the shade ALL day

that hot when i got in it, you could boil water in a paper bag !

I thought i might die in the traffic on the way home today.

I think buying a nice 24v with the aircon attached is probably the best way of dealing with this heat!

All you leather boys, haha, I remember my dads vinyl seats in our old mk1 cortina. It was like a torture getting in that car in the 70's hot summers. And in the winter they were freezing. brrr!

Leather seats! A bit like conservatories! Bloody useless! :lol:

Bloody HOT............. :nuts: Thought about sell it this week and getting the first car i see with air-con :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

drove to work once this week in the rado, going at 9 was fine, coming home at 5.30 was grim,

this evening got the gas recharged in the mk4, had icicles hanging from my nose by the time I got home, that's more like it 8)

Its the way that you unlock the car, open the doors, windows and sunroof - foolishly thinking this may cool it down !!!!! :lol:

Then gingerly getting in, being wary of burning yourself - on the leather seats, as you have done it so many times, you know it dam hurts. Its not as if the even then you can drive, the steering wheel is so dammed hot, it too scorches you.

II have some old screen covers that i used to use on my Motorhome, to keep it either cool or warm on the inside.

They are silver foil type covers with a kind of thermal inner. Think I best locate them to make life a little cooler !!

Fortunately storing the car in the garage at least means its bearable 1st thing.

Hands up who wishes they had aircon?

P.S. - Smug people with aircon need not reply :nono:

well my aircon needs regassing, so i wont say anything... Used to be brilliant last year though

Its the way that you unlock the car, open the doors, windows and sunroof - foolishly thinking this may cool it down !!!!! :lol:

:lol: Its the only hope us non aircon owners have :(

But yeah i do wish i had aircon, yesterday was terrible both windows and sunroof wide open (yes slid back, i feel sorry for you guys who only have tilt and no aircon). The worst thing is, the blower is just blowing warm air :( I drive with my arm out the window :lol:

Drove back from Scotland today....160miles with a heater stuck on full hot........ :bad-words:

Can I buy the drivers seat. Don't worry about cleaning it or anything. Want to preserve the taste. :)

Drove back from Scotland today....160miles with a heater stuck on full hot........ :bad-words:

Can I buy the drivers seat. Don't worry about cleaning it or anything. Want to preserve the taste. :)

:rofl:

I am actually chuckling out loud..........