Sign in to follow this  
robbie_d

Best battery for VR6 and where to buy?

As the title says really. Looking for a good battery for my VR6 and where to purchase from. The dealers want the wrong side of £100, which unfortunately isn't going to happen!

Tried searching but the search function brings up a load of posts which mention "battery", but none are about this particular topic.

Thanks in advance guys.

I use Varta seem good and its errr a BIG one! Does that help :grin:

Circa £65-£70 3 year guarantee if i remember correctly

Got a Bosch Silver on mine. Been there since I bought it and never let me down so far.

Had the car 2 years and the battery was on there a good while before that.

Bosch silvers are pretty good, I believe Euro are doing them for a good price at the moment, they've shot up loads at GSF. Just stay away from Halfrauds for batteries, ridiculous prices in there.

Just stay away from Halfrauds for batteries, ridiculous prices in there.

I don't think the prices are that riduculous, bought one from there in 2006 for just under 70 squid with a 4 year guarantee.

This year it decided to die so it was replaced under warranty for a brand new one which was priced at £85. :wink:

Red Optima, very heavy duty, deep cycle battery, bit pricey but well worth it. Have used a lot of these on race cars I`ve worked on and had one on my Golf. Never failed on me. :clap:

Halfords ones are good - running the biggest one my alternator can drive on my motor. Good price too if you have a Halfords trade card :)

The best battery would be well over £100. I got my bog standard one from partco for 45 but my car is standard without a lot of ice.

halfords ones are about £50 with the trade card. had mine for 3 years and its been faultless.

yes - fits fine - just be prepared to rework the battery wiring - changing that stuff is not a bad thing anyway given the age

The terminals are located towards the front of the battery so longer ones would be better but the ones you have will stretch. I got mine because I was fed up with others letting me down. The yellow topis the best mate...