Sign in to follow this  
Europolo

17x8 ET0 with 195/40 fit VR6?

Hi as above I have tracked down a gorgeous set of BBs splits for very little that have just been refurbed... Only problem is there not 5x100 and are the following speccs...

17x8 ET20...

Id have to fit an adaptor thats prob 20mm so that brings it to ET 0

Can BBs Rc's be re-drilled? from 5x120 - 5x100?

Id plan on running 195 / 40's

and I have a n arch roller and want to roll them a fair bit... I need to paint one of the arches anyway i think...

Can anyone help me please I need to let the man know by tonight if i want the wheels...

8J wheels with no offset may work depending where the Wheel's centre line is in relation to your hubs, but it sounds a bit sketchy to me.

You can redrill wheels by plug welding the existing holes and redrilling a new PCD, but not all wheels can accomodate that in terms of space and also because the quality of some cast alloys is too schitt to be welded unfortunately.

In the interests of saftey, perhaps consider some different wheels? :D

A guy on vortex redrilled them wheels and fitted them to his corrado, his are staggered 8's & 9's even redrilled they dont sit great let alone after adapters

a9.jpg

a6.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

A guy on vortex redrilled them wheels and fitted them to his corrado, his are staggered 8's & 9's even redrilled they dont sit great let alone after adapters

IMG_2147.jpg

:epicfail:

Ah only in Cali can you get away with schitt like that! :shock:

If an MOT man (or copper for that matter) saw that they'd have Octuplets.... and then reach for the Banned from the Road book!

If the original holes are welded up would it be as bad? Or can it be done... I think they sit lovley... Would be much nicer with more stretch, polished all over and norm stainless bolts... Going to have to think strongly... The drilling looks awful on them.. lethal in fairness... :nono:

If you're really keen on the wheels you can get them in 17 x 7.5 with an offset in the 40's from the e36 beemers. They would be a much better option and you could run them with adapters. They have a smaller dish though if thats an issue to you? I think the smaller dish looks better.

They should take to redrilling without any problems so long as the mounting face is flat (which I think it should be.)

I personally think its safe as long as its done properly with the existing holes filled. The biggest problem you may face is finding somewhere to do it without asking silly money.

I have always wanted to see these on a corrado, am tempted to try it myself!

If you're really keen on the wheels you can get them in 17 x 7.5 with an offset in the 40's from the e36 beemers. They would be a much better option and you could run them with adapters. They have a smaller dish though if thats an issue to you? I think the smaller dish looks better.

Agreed. Dont give yourself the hassle or the poor ride/handling with the others.

ah but its the dish that attracted me... They'll just probably look like bbs Ra.s with a centre cap and bolts... plus theres 5 mint alloys for very little..... I passed on them..

you could use skinnier tyres, avail in nakangs which are shit, thinner adapters 15mm and even shave your rear brakes a lil to get them to fit... they will still look shit, like above pics and ruin your car