robtalbott

headunits that look 'right' in a corrado

Anyone got any suggestions on head units that look right in a corrado? As in matt black finish, not lots of flashy lights etc.

i've seen the nakamichi ones, they look like they're of a style that wouldn't look too out of place, but they're quite pricey for what you get features wise (although i'm sure they sound amazing)

i've got a alpine head unit at the moment in my focus, but i think it would look a little too silver/shiny in the corrado dash

im running alpine in mineand dont look out off place but mines a older version in darkish grey colour :luvlove:

can you get that with blue lighting? my sony is on its way out

Yeah its a little more but you get more features X200

Pioneer have two nice units, one at £389.99, DEH-P88RSII and the other just out DEX-P99RS available sometime at around £750 :shock: look and sound very good though apparently. A mate of mine has the (silver) '07 model precursor to the 88 and it's damn fine!! The revamped 88 only available in black looks wickedly nice.

Pioneer DEH-P88RS II

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfdeh-p88rsii_1_large.jpg[/attachment:axakw9lo]

Pioneer DEX-P99RS

dexp99rs_main_large.jpg[/attachment:axakw9lo]

I'm waiting for the DEH-P88RSII s to drop in price - the '07 models are still going for £210 secondhand!!

they look cool. I like bluetooth units any good ones availiable in blue to match my dash 8)

Try Here Pioneer have a number of blue bluetooth units, although it's generally a given that any standard unit with a stand-alone bluetooth adapter will give a better sound quality than 'all-in' sets, adapters can be had off e-bay etc fairly cheaply I believe.

Had VR500CS-BT for about 2 months now. Has built in bluetooth which you can make calls through, though i dont know if you can connect things through it to play music - i'll have to try, but i cant see why not as you obv can connect your phone through it. It does play CDs/MP3 but i bought it cos it has USB and also SD slot, which i use to play music.

Its cheap too and blue :lol: (not that kind of blue)

Pioneer have two nice units, one at £389.99, DEH-P88RSII and the other just out DEX-P99RS available sometime at around £750 :shock:

The P99 is a bit too hardcore for most :D When you add the processor etc, you're talking a couple of grand, more than some people's corrado is worth :lol:

It is a VERY nice unit though and way cheaper than Alpine's equivalent F1 system. Sounds better too imo.

Stereos that suit corrados imo are Nakamichi CD400, Becker Mexico and some Clarions. For Alpine, it needs to be an old school one, like this 8) -

alpine-cda-9857.jpg

Just to say I have the "early" P88 in mine, and looks fine... dark silver facia/surround and white lighting

On top of this it's an awesome piece of kit.. have powerful top-end amps built-in and are very flexible with their sound stage set-up, they come up on e-ghey from time to time at about £100-£150...

Ive got this sony. Its dark so fits well with the dark interior of a c

30398280007_large.jpg

(Google image, not in a corrado btw)

head.jpg

Also has MP3 and all the works

thats similar to the one I have but mines got blue illumination cause its a bluetooth I suppose. I does go well

Just bought a Kenwood now. I like that it does everything :wave: should look alright

KDC-BT6544U-illustr.jpg

I'm a bit fussy and HAVE to have a knob

I do like a good knob. I'm a little worried I will wear mine out on the Alpine as I fiddle with it for ages looking through the iPod library...

Anyone got any suggestions on head units that look right in a corrado? As in matt black finish, not lots of flashy lights etc.

i've seen the nakamichi ones, they look like they're of a style that wouldn't look too out of place, but they're quite pricey for what you get features wise (although i'm sure they sound amazing)

i've got a alpine head unit at the moment in my focus, but i think it would look a little too silver/shiny in the corrado dash

I'm sure you can buy black fascias for the Alpines. In fact I remember someone on here has done it.

I've got a Becker Grand Prix. Very matt black and very understated. It comes in a choice of background lighting.

I've got a green one! :)

Amen to the Beckers - The only unit in this thread that looks right and looks OE - and the only unit for anyone that wants subtle quality!

Wish I could afford one!

Amen to the Beckers - The only unit in this thread that looks right and looks OE - and the only unit for anyone that wants subtle quality!

Wish I could afford one!

Zak's loaded, that's why he can afford all these expensive mods :D

Wish I could afford one!

Zak's loaded, that's why he can afford all these expensive mods :D

:lol: if you're not fussed about mp3 you can get a becker cd headunit for less than £100. They came in old mercs and porsches to name a few cars so theres always plenty on ebay.