jazzdevil

The all-purpose F1 thread...

Latest rumour is that Michael Schumacher may be coming back to drive for Mercedes F1 - apparently Schumacher is keen to return to F1 and I suppose Mercedes would be prepared to pay big money, there is also the attraction of partnering with Ross Brawn again. Would seem to make sense as Schumacher has just stepped down from his Ferrari F1 role, his new contract with them sees him concentrating on developing road cars

Latest rumour is that Michael Schumacher may be coming back to drive for Mercedes F1 - apparently Schumacher is keen to return to F1 and I suppose Mercedes would be prepared to pay big money, there is also the attraction of partnering with Ross Brawn again. Would seem to make sense as Schumacher has just stepped down from his Ferrari F1 role, his new contract with them sees him concentrating on developing road cars

some people have it tough dont they.......uuuhhhm drive for Mercedes F1 or concentrate on hooning around in road Ferraris...... :roll:

Also just been confirmed that Raikkonen has retired, now trying to secure a drive in the 2010 WRC

Saw the story, but can't see him retiring outright... a sabbatical maybe. Will have to keep an eye on his WRC progress though.

Also just been confirmed that Raikkonen has retired, now trying to secure a drive in the 2010 WRC

Saw the story, but can't see him retiring outright... a sabbatical maybe. Will have to keep an eye on his WRC progress though.

Nah, he's completely lost his love for F1, he hardly tried at all last season. I think he'll throw himself into WRC for the next 10 years.

I think its odd that Button has gone to Maclaren, I cant see this working for him :shrug:

.....but then again I would never have thought Button would have been champion this time last year :lol:

Kimi going to WRC? only really talented drivers make it there! im still of the opinion that WRC drivers are the best in the world

...but then again I would never have thought Button would have been champion this time last year :lol:

Don't want to sound unpatriotic, but TBH I didn't think Button would ever be a champion... I don't know what it is, maybe that 'take no prisoners instinct' or whatever - Hamilton and Alonso had that presence about them from the word go, as did Raikkonen... who then bluffed, double bluffed and arguably lucked into the 2007 title much like Jenson. Massa and Barrichello are the same too - they've both had superb moments, but somehow you just can't see them in that worlds best category.

As to the confirmations today, I'm betting Whitmarsh and to an extent Ron are both getting friction burns from the rubbing-hands-with-glee prospect of the merchandising they can score off the back of F1's new Team GB :lol:

Yep, is it more to do with sponsorship or drivers that will compliment each other? :wave:

Pity if there is no British Grand Prix next year. :ignore:

...but then again I would never have thought Button would have been champion this time last year :lol:

Don't want to sound unpatriotic, but TBH I didn't think Button would ever be a champion... I don't know what it is, maybe that 'take no prisoners instinct' or whatever - Hamilton and Alonso had that presence about them from the word go, as did Raikkonen... who then bluffed, double bluffed and arguably lucked into the 2007 title much like Jenson. Massa and Barrichello are the same too - they've both had superb moments, but somehow you just can't see them in that worlds best category.

As to the confirmations today, I'm betting Whitmarsh and to an extent Ron are both getting friction burns from the rubbing-hands-with-glee prospect of the merchandising they can score off the back of F1's new Team GB :lol:

.......couldnt agree more on the driver front......Hamilton and Alonso are in another league from all the others as far as I'm concerned - I think they have that complete cut throat attitude that all the previous best had....schuey, senna etc.......

.......couldnt agree more on the driver front......Hamilton and Alonso are in another league from all the others as far as I'm concerned - I think they have that complete cut throat attitude that all the previous best had....schuey, senna etc.......

Just thought, I should have added Vettel to the list of potential champions... and unfortunately Webber to the good, but not great runners-up.

Personally, I reckon 2010 will be a 3-way duke out between Hamilton, Vettel and Alonso.

So, just in time for the new Vodafone 'team GB' McLaren arrival and Bernie confirms that the British GP looks like falling off the calendar thanks to the almighty cock-up by Donington and the ongoing not-quite-good-enough efforts at Silverstone... well done all!

:epicfail:

Latest Rumours...

Possible "Flav-F1" team (a-la Braun) if he overturns his Ban and Renault hand him their place....

Shumey's not denying a comeback with Mercedes F1 (personally I look forward to seeing the Schumy/Braun partnership in action again)

Kimi's off to Citroen for a year's team WRC.. could this spark a Citroen F1 with Kimi and Seb-Loeb in 2012? Esp as Renault have all but pulled out!

I would put vettel up there with Alonso and Hamilton.Time will tell who is the best.Vettel had a whole new demeanor this year.

He's a threat for sure.

I can't wait until next year.

Latest Rumours...

Possible "Flav-F1" team (a-la Braun) if he overturns his Ban and Renault hand him their place...

scuttlebutt suggests that Flav is no fan of Rubiks Kube either and would (if he nabe the team from Renault) "automatically release" the Pole, presumably making way for his former protege and recent McLaren exile Kovalainen... but more importantly it would give Merc the opportunity to bid for Kuby.

So,

the good: Sauber gets exiting Toyota's gridslot for 2010

the bad: Renault f1 rumoured to be for sale or at least backing out as manufacturer on prefernce to being engine supplier only

the ugly: Lotus have allegedly exhumed and signed Jacques Villeneuve

meanwhile, Benson gets BBC SPOTY nomination... No doubt he'll have Lewis's Dad doorstep challenging him if he wins - that's not a nice way to start a 3-season team driver line-up*