swiftkid

Swiftkids Corrado VR32

Well another year, another MOT! Not bad, had to tighten the rear wheel bearings up a fraction and show them where my VIN number was as its not covered under the SWG cover. Unfortunately its still over on emissions, scanned it and remembered the figure for chain stretch was quite high last time I checked. People reckon -8 is on the ragged edge, mine is -9... absolutely wonderful :pale:

Other than that done a few miles in it and its been running quite well, got decent mpg out of it as well!

Couple of issues to sort, aside from the emissions and chains, pedal has cut out a couple of times whilst driving so going to nip to scrapyard and get a replacement. Been stockpiling bushes to replace, had planned to pull it apart this winter but might be sooner than I think

Edited by swiftkid

Congrats! I take it that emissions aren't really a show stopper as its non standard? A clean underbelly is where its at btw!

Emissions are a proper frustration for me as it's something I can't fix then retest, I don't know anyone with an emissions tester. I had thought I'd sorted it last year but seems sadly not.

Got a couple of things to try but I will sort it.

It is non standard but it's constant diy development and I try my hardest to get things running as oem as I can, just takes time as I'm no mechanic!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Are they testing the emissions as if it were a standard car or testing as of it were a standard r32?

Which reading do you mean -9…?

Oops, that didn't make a lot of sense, edited it now. I meant cam chain stretch, measuring blocks 208 and 209.

As to your question neither, the mot regs state that if it is between 1992 and 1995 (cat changeover period) the car will be tested as needing a cat providing it is on their database, which a corrado vr6 is... But a corrado r32 is not, so I get non cat test.

Aha, gotcha. Not so bad then, you get some leeway. Tbh for what they were the emissions weren't that bad on these VRs..

Bit of a boring update, will get some pics soon! Got more parts delivered so hopefully be fitting them when I get a chance.

But here's my exciting update (boring to everyone else), hacked the canbus and now have a digital tacho! Still needs tweaking, it's a bit glitchy and I haven't set limits but it's getting there. Next step is to connect up to corrado tacho and try output to get needle working!

I still can't figure out how to post videos directly so unfortunately here's a link

http://s6.photobucket.com/user/swiftkid/media/20160715_203743_1_zpsnoxoocfj.mp4.html

Gave the old girl a clean, and bought her a present... Just need to make some brackets up! Hoping I can squeeze them on 312mm discs I have

7a41c3c8ff541bb7bd920813428de8dd.jpg

be81c1ee466573f62a064ce4745ada98.jpg

5a74899e60968b458fd8a805aaed8564.jpg

Cheeky eBay bargain! And one hell of a bargain they were

Well with just over a week to go before festival I've just ordered my chain kit for the R. Engine out this week then!

I'll be putting a for sale thread up when I get back but anyone interested in some brock B2's? Can take to festival

Sunny days seem to be running out this year so on such a nice day took it out for a spin. Small niggles, pedal is failing, started intermittently but happened a few times whilst I was out so scrapyard trip needed!

Think the exhaust is blowing, think it's near the manifold somewhere but it's an absolute nightmare to get it off so will be a winter job

Collecting parts for winter jobs as well, got tonnes of stuff to do which are going to be time consuming but will really modernize the car.

abbdf249fec9215c218e354f90a6e73c.jpg

793c15977bdc0dffa6aae6770437d566.jpg

Absolutely stonkingly great car! What kind of modernisations do you have in mind? Im always keen on things like that

At the moment ive got loads of ideas but probably not enough time/money to do them.

Cruise control is one thing I've been wanting to do for ages now that I'm dbw, but finding the stalk is a German only item as it's obsolete here and very rare to find.

Mk4 Climate control is something I've looked into which I've been wanting to do for ages as well, not bothered about aircon but I like the idea of getting rid of the crappy heater dials.

I've been on the hunt for teves20 parts for ages but seems someone else is as well as all the Passat b4's I find either don't have ABS or someone has beat me to it. Got the ECU, just need the brackets & loom. Had thought about mk4 ABS as it will communicate nicely with my engine but it does stop me from ever going back to VR6 engine (depending on if I go VRT or R32T) and I'd need a canbus gateway (the mk4 clocks are the gateway, which I don't like the idea of bodging some clocks behind the dash)

Then it's sort tacho using my homebrew project, design and make brackets to fit my wilwoods.

I've also got a pile of bushes to fit as it feels a bit squelchy. And I'd like to paint engine bay and make it look a nicer install, don't want it smooth just a bit less cluttered.

The list is becoming endless!

Edited by swiftkid

I have a Cruise control stalk somewhere, which i removed from mine. Will have a look tomorrow if i get the time.

It come of my Storm Reg 95, so I'm guessing its the correct one your looking for, as for the module it's still installed on the car as far as I'm aware. I will need my mechanic to have a look and locate the module, as i have no idea where that would be (sorry).

Also i do not have the cable any more that was cut, as i have no time for Cruise control and that was the quickest way to get rid :)

Ahh ok, thats not a problem, I don't expect you to shell out money to go on a wild goose chase for a module! If you could see if you still have it that would be fantastic, could you PM me what sort of price you'd be wanting.

Out of interest, how come you got rid? vacuum cruise control go a bit wonky on you? presume that means you still have the full pedal box assembly in place, now that is a bit of fancy kit!

HI

I just don't like and have a need for it, so i removed and sorry to say i have no idea to whether it's fully working.

As for price let me find the part and confirm this is the one your looking for, as i have no idea what it's worth ATM. :)

BTW

I love what you have done to your Rad it's looking very nice.

Edited by Dogma

So nothing to report sadly. Been doing a whole lot of diy and taking far too long to do it.

Managed to dig her out and clean the garage a bit, took a couple of attempts to fire up but think it was just getting fuel to the rail. Managed to clear a load of stuff out the garage ready for some upgrades so hopefully get some time to work on it

Still on the lookout for Teves20 stuff and cruise control stalk if anyone has anything kicking aboute4be4b031d6ded786848cbb9963dd17d.jpg