Sign in to follow this  
Bullfinch

Golf R32 - unmarked police car

On my law abiding trip down the M23 to see the folks in Sussex I noticed a Golf R32 (Mk V) in use as an unmarked cop car. It had pulled over an Octavia. Do any other forces use hot VW's?

Yep.. in Warwickshire I've seen unmarked Golf R32's, Focus ST's and a Honda Accord Type-R a few years ago! The Accord even used to have family style tat in it, along with a local radio station sticker in the window.. no mistaking the lights behind the grille and the fat copper in the high-vis jacket behind the wheel though!! :)

Yep.. in Warwickshire I've seen unmarked Golf R32's, Focus ST's and a Honda Accord Type-R a few years ago! The Accord even used to have family style tat in it, along with a local radio station sticker in the window.. no mistaking the lights behind the grille and the fat copper in the high-vis jacket behind the wheel though!! :)

I thought unmarked cop cars couldnt have any sort of stickers or 'tat' in the ie nothing to suggest its just a civilian car?

Even such things like dealer stickers had to be removed?

:shrug:

I thought unmarked cop cars couldnt have any sort of stickers or 'tat' in the ie nothing to suggest its just a civilian car?

This was a few years ago - maybe things have changed.. but I used to see it around a lot, and it definitely had local radio station stickers in the window and was definitely an un-marked cop car!

This was a few years ago - maybe things have changed.. but I used to see it around a lot, and it definitely had local radio station stickers in the window and was definitely an un-marked cop car!

Sly dogs! :?

I dont see the point in having an unmarked car just to wear the high vis jackets. Its a complete give away :lol:

There's an unmarked Scirocco down here apparently!

P.S - ^^ Doesnt look like a Mk3 to me? :p

You're right, looking at it properly it's not a mk3 is it. :oops: Judging by the door handle reflected in the mirror I reckon it was his clipper. :shrug: He has a lot of VWs....

the coppers round here use an R32 and a passat estate W8 :nuts:

besides the twin tail pipes the W8 looks completely standard, a real sleeper

Funnily enough, after reading this, headed home from my parents and about 2 miles from home a guy in a Hyundai Coupe was pulled over by plod in...... an unmarked, black Golf R32! Did they buy a job lot or something?!

Funnily enough, after reading this, headed home from my parents and about 2 miles from home a guy in a Hyundai Coupe was pulled over by plod in...... an unmarked, black Golf R32! Did they buy a job lot or something?!

They sold the last 600 off with nearly £2500 off. So makes sense the Police would snap up the last ones and they are the perfect Q Car.

They sold the last 600 off with nearly £2500 off. So makes sense the Police would snap up the last ones and they are the perfect Q Car.

More like £10k off wasn't it???

They use Octavias around here.

Yup my "ex Bro in law" (Hampshire traffic) was tasked with test driving the VRS in their assesment days...(Managed 130+ on A34!) Apparently the Scoobie WRX's they used to use became "Targets" after 2 got "trucker-nudged" out of lay-bys! :clap:

South Bucks apparently has an un-marked Silver Rav-4 with the blue lights in the indicators... found the hard way, when he blocked me from overtaking (h was doing 50 in a 60) and when I flashed my disgust, on came the blues for about 5 secs, flicked them off and buggered off at well above the 60 limit... got his reg and was going to report him... but thought bugger it...

Few years ago there was a Volvo "terminator" patrolling the M40... Dark-blue estate de-badged with tow bar, GB AND Caravan club stickers... sneeky fekker!

Yep, they were going for £16.5 K at one stage! :shock:

The cheapest a Dealer could buy one from VW UK for was £17900, around 25% off list, But this was for a base spec stock car which ultimately never existed and was merely a teaser; most were prepped with Nav, Leather and bucket seats which meant that Dealers paid about £20000-£22000 for an average car.

The good news is that they sold so fast everyone wanted them again as soon as they were gone. So an 08 plate car went from a value of £16k in January 09 to a current value of around £20k now :clap:

Yep, they were going for £16.5 K at one stage! :shock:

The cheapest a Dealer could buy one from VW UK for was £17900, around 25% off list, But this was for a base spec stock car which ultimately never existed and was merely a teaser; most were prepped with Nav, Leather and bucket seats which meant that Dealers paid about £20000-£22000 for an average car.

The good news is that they sold so fast everyone wanted them again as soon as they were gone. So an 08 plate car went from a value of £16k in January 09 to a current value of around £20k now :clap:

Yeah My mate's GF bought a DSG R32 on Disability (Converted to hand controls) when they were stupid cheap...think he paid £18K or so for it, just done a straight swap with an '08 Scirrocco TSi DSG!!!!

Bit of a bargain really!!!!

Oh Yeah and back OT

In Teesside/Darlo area we have unmarked Focus ST's and Octy vRS's plus the odd Beemer 5 series Touring!

North Yorkshire police have unmarked WRX imprezza's and Evo's for the sole use of hunting motorbikes :lol:

I remember the met old bill using Golf VR's back in the day, that was pretty cool of them

Everytime I see an R32 I'm like a bull to a red rag, after reading this thread I think I'll take a better look at the car before dropping a few cogs and gunning it :)

Lincolnshire police have a 3.2 Audi A3 Quattro but never heard of them having an R32

I've heard that they only keep cars for about 6-9months.

I saw a Black Audi RS4 under cover cop car today, pulled over a 2 CV by my work in Gloucester :lol:

So watch out for one of them any one driving around Gloucester