Sign in to follow this  
Yandards

The car in front is a Toyota..

Thought this thread might've been about the worldwide £2,000,000 recall :grin:

£2m :lol: Austin Powers Dr Evil moment there, more like £2bn :)

Indeed, chat to anyone who was driving when everything used to be either cable operated or even worse the throttle linkage was a series of rods and they will tell you this is nothing new.

Few folks I know have said it was never suprising to see a Triumph Herald bombing past you on the outside lane with the engine being thrapped to within an inch of it's life as the rod linkage had gone overcentre and locked the mechanism. At least these days the ECU will cut the fuel at the rev limit..

I wonder if this was caused by a combination of the throttle sticking and the ABS problem that has now been identified?

If it was, I guess it would take a fair distance to stop by putting the car in neutral and using the handbrake when you are doing 120 mph

i would prefer the car in front to be a toyota at the moment if they aint over fuelling then the brakes are buggered.

let em lead the way , so i can chuckle at the aftermath.

Some of you may recall, we got a new Yaris SR last June.

Really a great car for what it is intended, but I had an electrical charging failure out on the road about 6 weeks ago. Battery was flat - car kept going, but power steering loss meant driving it was heavy on the arms. Fortunately I was only a few hundred yards from my drive by this time. Toyota's RAC man was very prompt and, after a while locating it, fixed a loose connection behind the battery. Says he was "surprised as these never give any trouble".

Got a questionaire (about 4th since owning car!) from Toyota re how was this problem handled.

I said I was disappointed and surprised, but still had good faith in the car and the Toyota people at the garage (SDM - Falkirk) who are among the best in my car owning experience.

I ended the questionaire by saying "quality control issue??" I think the CE of the company mentioned this week that is a thing they would sharpen up on. :lol: