Sign in to follow this  
Timbo

METTALIC BLACK VR6 CORRADO STOLEN ON FRIDAY NIGHT

corrado.jpg

It has 17" TSW Imola's with red anodised centre nut/covers and had a roof rack with one bike carrier on it at the time. Registration L55 MRS. The car was parked in south Edinburgh.

If anyone sees it please contact me; [email protected], 07821879474, PM etc.

:censored:

Bugger.

Gutted for you mate, I've made this a global announcement to try and get more attention, fingers crossed you get it back in the same condition it was in before the scum decided to take it :(

Gutted for you mate......presumably you're insured so at least you're covered financially. Theres a guy on another forum who had his S3 nicked, recovered, then nicked again. By the time he had it stolen the 2nd time his insurance had run out so lost his car completely.

For what its worth I'll keep my eyes peeled in this neck of the woods....

Dont even want to think about some cheeky c**t stealing my car! I know its a bit sad but i will be using the carrado like i use my motorbike, dont mind driving it around but i wont let it out of my sight for long. Like wise, hope you get it back without to much wrong with it.

Bastards... thought it had been a bit quiet on the old stolen car front! :(

Did it have an alarm or immobiliser?

Yeah a TOAD Ai606, so I don't really understand how they've managed to pinch it. I've had no news today, so I'm pretty pissed off over the whole thing. If I don't get it back, I have my doubts my insurance will pay up what it's actually worth. I hate insurance, it's such a ****ing con.

I've put so much time and effort fixing it up and getting it how I want it. So frustrating.

Yeah a TOAD Ai606, so I don't really understand how they've managed to pinch it. I've had no news today, so I'm pretty pissed off over the whole thing. If I don't get it back, I have my doubts my insurance will pay up what it's actually worth. I hate insurance, it's such a ****ing con.

I've put so much time and effort fixing it up and getting it how I want it. So frustrating.

WOW.....Thats what i have on mine......and i'm guessing a few others will too.......gutted for you mate...... :bad-words:

Sorry to hear about this, always a bugger when someone gets a car nicked or damaged. Makes you wonder why we bother with alarms. Hope you get some good news soon.

probably no chance of me seeing it all the way down here in hampshire but i'll keep my eyes open. sorry to hear its been swiped. never understood it really. especially as they can be had at pretty reasonable price nowadays. still theres always some scum who will try it. take it the alarm wasnt that effective? ive got a damn clifford on mine and i cant get in or out of it without the bloody thing going off!!!

seriously hope you get it back in one piece. :(

Gutted for you mate reading posts such as this makes my blood boil the dirty bastards. I had something similar happen to me a while back luckily the VR was parked in the garage and wasn't touched but the Mazda 6 got stolen outside my house. Ill keep my eyes peeled for you in this neck of the woods + I'll be travelling up to Scotland this weekened.

Good luck

Alan

shocking news mate ,what a bunch of barstewards,hope you get it back,will keep an eye out between me and the missus,she works through livi and im about glasgow ,lanarkshire

Bugger. Always amazes why they would steal older cars nowadays unless it was a spur of the moment thing. No glass or anything? I keep an eye out on local forums and ebay for parts popping up so I'll see if anything turns up. Was there anything distinguising about the exterior or interior?

The laquer on the roof was all peeling, does that count as distinguising? :) Nothing special about the interior really. Some rubber mats and a Sony BT head unit (which I installed about a fortnight ago :brickwall:). VAGCOM cable and a small AA road map in the glovebox.

There was no glass no. The police said the gangs target older cars because they know they have a better chance of stealing them as apparently registrations N onwards all have factory immobilisers. But mine had an aftermarket one, so I don't know WTF is going on there. Maybe it wasn't working; it's a Corrado after all.

Thanks for looking out for it guys.

Good news; I've got my car back. The police found it in an ASDA car park in Niddrie on Monday night. Let's just say anyone familiar with Edinburgh won't be too surprised with it ending up there. It had been taken to a garage/pound out near Tranent that the police use to store vehicles connected with crime. £150 later ( :p ) I'm allowed to take it away... after hot wiring it.

The damage:

• Steering column cowling ripped off and destroyed[/*:m:z2pi8rvk]
  • Steering lock broken in two[/*:m:z2pi8rvk]
  • Fuse box cover ripped off and missing[/*:m:z2pi8rvk]
  • Ignition switch loom ripped out of the plug[/*:m:z2pi8rvk]
  • Fag ash and rubbish everywhere, but no wee or jobbies as far as I can smell[/*:m:z2pi8rvk]
  • Fuel flap levered open and locking solenoid broken[/*:m:z2pi8rvk]

The steering column is flapping about due to the broken steering lock; this made the 15 mile journey home interesting, especially at roundabouts :gag:. I think I've got off relatively lightly as it mostly seems repairable. The only really annoying part is the fuel flap as this has made a mess of the rear quarter panel, moreso in that having caused all this damage they haven't had the courtesy to actually fill it up :roll:. The other potentially troublesome part is going to be reconnecting the loom with the ignition switch plug, as I assume it's all crimped connectors and never supposed to be removed from the loom.

Now the weird part. As far as I can tell, the door locks are all fine and the doors haven't been levered at all. How on earth did they get in? :shrug:. Also, the alarm is still working although it had been turned off. How the hell did they manage that? And another thing, they've not touched my brand new head unit. It's still there and working.

Anyway, I'll probably be on the wanted and/or parts forum soon, once I've figured out the best insurance strategy. I've never actually claimed insurance before so I don't know the process, but I'm scared that if I try and get some professional work done on the filler flap and quarter panel, they'll write it off as it probably entails welding a new panel in and spraying it... The rest of the work I can do myself and just claim for the cost of the parts I hope.

So I'm mostly relieved now, but still incredibly angry :censored: :bad-words: :mad2: :censored: :bad-words: :mad2: :censored: :bad-words: :mad2:.

What a relief for ya. All very odd about the alarm etc.

A pain having to get a load of parts but at least its back home now mate. Pleased for you.

Too many thieving scumbags around.