harryc

Black Magic VR6 - Turbo shopping list started...

Hi everyone. Havn't been on here for four years since i owned my last G60 rado. Anyway after a few civics and my last 2l 16v MK2 golf i've managed to get my hands on a vr6 corrado.

I viewed several C's and none of them compared to this, the first one i viewed. Its on 101k with full service history and is immaculate inside and out, especially the electric recaros.

Its totally standard even down to the cassette player!

Anyway here are a few pictures;

stammersbday108.jpg

stammersbday114.jpg

stammersbday113.jpg

stammersbday112.jpg

stammersbday110.jpg

stammersbday111.jpg

Plans are to go oem+. First stop is a service to make me happy then KW V1 coilovers and thinking of getting the speedlines resprayed in a deep gunmetal.

Edited by harryc

Very nice... yes it took me a full 2 years to realise how silly the ride height is... currently getting KW V1's fitted ;)

Thanks, im taking inspiration from your rado for my vr as i love the look of it lowered on the standard speedlines in a different colour.

Thanks, im taking inspiration from your rado for my vr as i love the look of it lowered on the standard speedlines in a different colour.

Nice! Always a pleasure, never a chore :lol:

A lot of people rate the KW's too, I for one love mine :nuts:

Yup it's the vr from eBay. The guy was selling this one and a storm. I also viewed another vr from the forum neither of them even came close to the black one, I literally can't fault the cars bodywork or interior and it really pulls as well.

As for the 9a valver I completely rebuilt the engine with new bearing, caps, shells etc etc, lightened flywheel, kr exhaust cams, raised rev limiter, oil cooler, s/s manifold and full system and a stealth tune up. The first rub at stealth produced 140bhp and after adjusting fuelling and spark jumped up to 170bhp and 127 lb/ft. Was great fun to drive but needed revving to 7.5k to really get going!

Nope not yet completely standard still :( Fitted a new set of Kuhmo ko3s on the front, new plugs and new leads as well as a headunit.

Got my new shopping list of parts to buy/fit over the summer when il be working full time;

KWV1's

Alloys of some description, still undecided

Momo team wheel

312 front and 280 rear brake conversion

cams

K&N panel filter

Priority is to get it lowered on decent suspension, then wheels, then the rest!

Quick update and some more pics.

Have bought a set of AP coilovers off here and also everything needed for a service along with 6 litres of Millers CFS 10w-50 Competition Full Synthetic Engine Oil. Fitted new windscreen wipers as the last set were wanktastic...

Gave it a good clean today with Autoglym 3 step condition, polish and seal. Here are some pics of it cleaned, coilovers should arrive tomorrow so will get more up then.

Next up is getting hold of a set of hubs and fitting reconditioned 288 brakes and new discs, pads and wheel bearings etc so i can then just swap the entire hub assembly over. Cant afford to have the car off the road for any period of time.

I've also been eyeing up some 262/263/268 cams but am undecided as to which set to go for..thinking the 262 or 3's having done a bit of digging on here.

P1000611.jpg

P1000617.jpg

P1000614.jpg

P1000600.jpg

P1000597.jpg

Updates;

Have fitted the coilovers and a set of 288 front brakes with drilled discs;

P1010136.jpg

Greasing and taping up the threads;

P1000626.jpg

Also treated the car to some quality engine and gearbox oil, Millers CFS 10W50 and Redline MT90.

P1010139.jpg

Also fitted a set of ebay XENON H4 headlights, smoked side repeaters and relocated the carbon canister to get a nice cold air feed to the airbox (forgot to photograph it :? )

P1010138.jpg

My girlfriend bought me an Autoglym clay bar kit so i put her and my sister onto it ! :tongue:

P1000982.jpg

P1000981.jpg

P1000980.jpg

Unfortunately by the time we'd finished clay baring, polishing and sealing it, it got dark.. :( I was determined to get some pics so sorry they're so dark!

P1000991.jpg

P1000994.jpg

P1000996.jpg

P1000995.jpg

Then the accident....as previously posted my handbrake failed while it was parked at work and it rolled about a metre into a hedge.. :censored:

The front driver wing took most of the damage but the bonnet was also dented;

P1010134.jpg

P1010135.jpg

At the moment im trying to source a replacement drivers wing and bonnet in LC9Z Black magic. I was debating getting a bonnet bra to cover the dent until i either find a new bonnet or can afford to get this one fixed, what are peoples thoughts on the brassiers?

Great work there. It's really come up nicely. Lovely colour. isn't that the metallic black? I used to have a Golf mk3 VR6 Highline in the same and when clean it looked fantastic, particularly against the silver alloys.

EDIT: I hate bonnet bra's.

Forgot to mention before the beautiful black cloth recaros;

663.jpg

652.jpg

653.jpg

664.jpg

Looking to swap for something else at the moment, what do you guys reckon, something black and leather?

Thanks for the comments guys, been offered a set of black leather s3 recaros, just trying to make up my mind about them. Dont know if i like them as much as TT or rado leather recaros...

IMG_0561.jpg

No one else prefer leather to cloth recaros!? :ignore: