beastie4126

Beastie's Blackberry VR - Up for sale

Took these last year following a 4 hour polishing session, looked like it needed to be done again two weeks later :brickwall:

back.JPG

passengers.JPG

drivers.JPG

clean%20front.JPG

Edited by beastie4126

AAAHHHH target number 3 :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Nice looker matey. I think the blackberry scrubs up so well

good choice

need to get rid of the orange rears tho IMO :norty:

I like the standard-ish look on the outside really, would rather spend money under the bonnet :)

Mind you I have a set of 16 inch BBS RX's being refurb'd to replace the Speedlines.

Been busy this week swapping over my refurbed subframe and wishbones as well as a full set of new engine mounts.

subframe.JPG

Took a drive to Lepsons in Gillingham today to collect my refurbed BBS RX wheels, can't wait to get these fitted over the weekend.

bbs%20wheels.JPG

RXs on a blackberry? def gets my vote :wink: Car looks lovely by the way. Hope mine will shine like that one day :D

Decided to make the best of the sunny weather and get my new wheels fitted and then take the old girl out for a test drive. After installing cams and suspension parts during the week it feels nice to drive and even nicer to look at now :D

cwithbbs1.JPG

cwithbbs2.JPG

Following my post earlier (http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... =1&t=97668) regarding the dodgy looking sludge that has setup home in my expansion tank I ran a compression test today which wasn't entirely conclusive. Engine warmed up to so that the oil temp registered on the MAF, disabled sparks and with the throttle held open by my trusty assistant (wife) who was also in control of the starter duties :salute: . Now I was expecting one or two of the cylinders to show up a drop but as the results below show there's not much in it, so I ran it again but again without much difference.

No:1 = 158 / 157

No:2 = 159 / 165

No:3 = 160 / 155

No:4 = 160 / 165

No:5 = 154 / 159

No:6 = 156 / 162

As I no longer have a water/oil heat exchanger due to the fitment of an oil cooler I can't think were else the oil can be seeping in from so it's looking like a head off investegation for me :( I suppose the good news is that all being well and it is the gasket I have a nice excuse to replace the chains, guides and the clutch etc. Maybe even an nice shiney ported head will find it's way in there as well :norty:

Well after a top end rebuild following the popped head gasket the old girl is back on the road again sporting a new set of Samco hoses, ceramic coated Supersprint 6 branch, D&G fan brackets & fans and a set of adjustable top mounts from Ground Control in the states. Just the front ARB, steering rack and paintwork to sort out :)

looking good ;).. What is the advantage of those adjustable top mounts?

If you have a habit of mucking around with your steering, ride height etc it makes reseting the camber a lot easer than via the standard method of the suspension bolts.

Switched over my Eibach 22mm Front ARB to a Neuspeed 25mm at the weekend, mostly to get around the wishbone knocking the Eibach was doing. Reasonably easy to do once jacked up and with the help of my mechanics m8 (wife). Easy to see from the pictures why the Eibach bar was clouting the arms when compaired to the Neuspeed even though the new one is 3mm thicker. Not had much road time with the new one fitted but very glad to be rid of the anoying thunk noise I had.

How are you finding those adjustable top mounts? They look really good, and much better than having to take the wheels off to adjust the camber. How much Castor adjustment is there?

Looks like 2.5 degrees if the strut will move back that far.

By far the best geometry mod I ever did was increasing caster. Those TMs look superb! KW's own uniball top mounts come in at £160 each, so about the same. Saves on import faff etc and theirs are sealed from the elements, so the bearings should last longer. Open spherical bearings are normally only good for ~ 2000 road miles. When mine's back on the road I'll be experimenting with this kind of stuff again.

I just looked at the KW ones and they look great too, £400 on the Venom site though! Increased Caster = Increased straight line stability, but heavier steering right.

Ah yeah sorry, I forgot to inclue the VAT, so yeah overall, the Ground Control ones are cheaper.

I didn't notice any increased steering weight running 5 deg caster (3.5 deg stock) so I doubt 6 would hugely impact it either.

The best bit, which will interest you in particular with your turbo torque and LSD, was a marked reduction in torque steer :D Less tramlining and general straight line fidgeting too. Oh and meatier self centering. As I say, the only downside is short bearing life, oh and slight increase in road noise, but no increase in vibration.

Caster is why Mercs and BMWs are so stable in a straight line..... but they have ridiculous amounts of the stuff, so the steering is generally over assisted to compensate.

How are you finding those adjustable top mounts? They look really good, and much better than having to take the wheels off to adjust the camber. How much Castor adjustment is there?

I have put about a 800 miles on them now and they feel so much smoother when turning in around roundabouts and so on. The camber adjustment is really easy and so much easier to do than trying to get at the carrier bolts with the wheels on etc. I tried to get the carrier camber as close to 0 and then dial in the desired camber on the top mounts which worked out quite well. No adjustment for castor I'm afriad but I'm sure if you had a chat with the super helpful chaps at Ground Control they might be able to sort you out with something.

Well after spending most of last year and this year locked away in the garage following my house move and over such things that tend to get in the way the old girl is off for an MOT tomorrow morning - Fingers crossed that the ABS is sorted now and nothing else is lurking under that bonnet :shrug:

best of luck tomorrow... hope there will be another blackberry gracing the roads by the afternoon!

Well she passed in flying colours with zero advisories - yay :dance:

Just need some road tax and a full tank of petrol and I will finally be able to test out the Schrick manifold fitted over winter for the first time.